Live from the Mitten

I feel about half of the bad reviews are from people who don’t know what there doing.

Have fun in Nashville. Watch out for solar flares. I’ll hold down the fort in Mich. We still get a 83% here so thats good enough for me

You know that I will!

1 Like

I’ll be careful! I wouldn’t think of going unless my buddy’s daughter lived there - I sure wouldn’t want to pay the hotel rates for this weekend.

1 Like

i seen on the news somewhere a person charging like a grand for a camp site…lol not me

This might end up being a really long post … kind of a brain dump.

I have been doing a good bit of thinking on how I am going to finish out this grow… and here is the current plan as it stands now. Please feel free to give all of the advice, criticism or encouragement you can - if there are flaws in my thinking, I’d much rather know now than to run into problems later.

@MAXHeadRoom @Jmesser80 @BIGE @Smokin_ernie @Tr33

Right now my veg room and flower room are separated by a wall in my basement. That wall is coming down at the conclusion of my current flowering cycle (2 more weeks!) to make one 10’ by 7 1/2’ room. The mother plants, clones, vegging plants will go in my currently unused 4x4 tent.

In order to maximize my available space, I plan to build a 4x4 scrog for my 1000 W HPS and an adjacent 3x3 scrog for my 600 W LED. I am thinking of making the scrog frame from 1" boards and suspend them from the ceiling from ratchet hangers.

*** Will this be heavy enough to hold down the upward push of the plants through the screen? I considered a PVC frame at first, but thought it would be too light to anchor the screens down.

I will use screws at 2" intervals and weave string through to make the netting.

I have 3 gallon pots that are 1’ in diameter and I plan to flower the clones quite early. That gives me 16 plants under the 4x4 and 9 under the 3x3. (It may not end up that full this time as I only have 25 clones going at the moment - chances are good that a few will not make it)

*** If I take the plants to flower small enough, will I end up overcrowded?

*** Any advice as to numbers of plants for a 4x4 and a 3x3 area? I know that it depends on how long you want to veg the plants for, but I would like to minimize veg time for a couple of reasons. Primarily, it seems to me that shorter veg time helps to eliminate many of the variables and issues that can come with larger plants (more time for pest development, increased chances of mold from overcrowding, etc.)

This setup gives me 1.5’ (at the minimum) all the way around between the scrog nets and the wall - should be enough to maneuver all the way around the garden.

Thank you for all of your help - once again, this community is amazing.

I do have sketches of the room layout I made on graph paper (nerd…) - I will upload that as soon as I get off my rearend and go downstairs to get it.

2 Likes

Okay… here’s the sketch. Each square is 1 square foot.

2 Likes

lol, @BlackShirt looks like a plan! i’m re-vamping my grow also,moving on out to the shed…lol
i’ve been out there this morning putting plywood on the rafters so i can make room for my grow…
sorry if i don’t get to involved because my brain is smoking right now from cruntching numbers…
i’m set on a 8’by16’ now, my building was a bit longer than i had thought at first… started with the idea of 4’by 16’ but it looks like i’ll have enough room to go 8=16 now
i’m600.00 in it now but all i’m lacking is wiring and a friend has that covered…i hope before hunting season,we are both hard to find then…lol
i like your plan,good lay out.

1 Like

Thanks @BIGE ! Do you have your building project in a grow journal somewhere? I’d love to follow along.

I like the way you think; the plans look great. Don’t forget before and after pics for us.

@Tr33 . Thank you! I will be sure that there are plenty of pics. I’m really excited about this grow … I think I’m MORE excited for this current harvest as it is my first with proven genetics, but the anticipation and the planning of the new grow is a close second!

So the plan is to give each plant one square foot of space and a shorter veg stage. This will work but each plant will yield less but you have more plants so it equals out. Its just grower preference. Looks like a good plan

1 Like

@Carnako I saw you on another thread asking about growing in a room instead of a tent - this grow will be in a room, so I can tag you in, if you are interested.

Little bit of eclipse action from yesterday…

@MAXHeadRoom @Jmesser80 @Smokin_ernie @Tr33 @BIGE

6 Likes

That is really cool

1 Like

very cool. hope you had fun

1 Like

Nice pic @BlackShirt. I tried taking some where I was but they didn’t come out so well. We only had like %60 eclipse so there was still quite a bit of light.

1 Like

I drove to Nashville to see it in totality - it should have been an 8 1/2 hour drive. Going down… not so bad. Coming back… bumper to bumper parking lot. Took 12 hours. Not entirely convinced it was worth it.
@Jmesser80 @MAXHeadRoom

2 Likes

Very cool!

Well folks… it’s transplant day for the babies … going to have to change my plans a bit… Transplanting to 4"x4" pots today - there are just some logistical issues with going straight to 3 gal pots. For one, I don’t have enough of them. For two, I don’t really have the veg space for 24 3-gallon pots at the moment.

So… 4x4" pots and topping today. Then into 3 gallon ones in a week or so and then into the big girl room.

Probably won’t be able to pull off my “1 plant per square foot” idea this time either - probably took clones a little too early for that. Oh well. There’s always next time!

3 Likes

I wish I had transplated a few days ago… they looked better then. A few of these clones have necrosis on their leaves. Time will tell how they will do. Did not top today as it seemed like they could benefit from a bit less stress.

25 clones in FFOF. Watered in with superthrive and rooting enhancer. pH’ed to 6.8.

Have them tucked between the mothers with the LED at 32" off the tops of the clones.

2 Likes