Live from the Mitten

I was just getting started reading through! Looks like you’ve got it going well.

The UP is an odd place… like it’s own country.

I haven’t seen that, but I just googled it… looks worth a watch!

I had a couple of scares, power outage, water ran dry, and mister where all clogged. The things I’ve learned. Ph and PPM have always been spot on as I check 2 times a day.

What are you growing in

1 Like

Just watched it. Dude… I am literally alone and laughing out loud. The dog is looking at me wondering what I smoked…

1 Like

I’m guessing we went through the same power outage - that was rough!

I’ve had pH issues lead to nute issues - but I think I’m getting those back under control. On top of that, the heat in the room has been on the way too hot side.

I am growing in 3 gal pots with FFOF soil.

Still not sure what I am going to do with the clones I just took. I am debating between taking them to flower REALLY early and seeing how that goes, or giving them a bit of veg time and then scrogging.

1 Like

yea,she was hot and crazzzzzy! lo and l i mean crazy!
of coarse i was crazy enough to let her stay for two years…lol
i’m best friends with her cousin,and met her at his family reunion…lol
anyway,i know about the UP now…

The video was great. I have a hairdresser named Tiffney. She Is crazy.

What Light do you have?

1 Like

Lol…

I am running a 1000W HPS side by side with a 600W ViparSpectra LED for flowering. The jury is still out on the LED, but so far they look good. The light penetration isn’t as strong (hence the move to small plants or scrog).

In veg, I have a 1000W Veg8 LED running.

2 Likes

i’m thinking of getting a 1000w hps,or de @BlackShirt all i have used is leds so far.
it would be good for the winter grow for sure…lol

1 Like

I agree with you there - an HPS would be much less trouble for a winter grow. However, I have found it much easier to heat the room up in the winter than to cool it down in the summer.

Pics from yesterday’s endeavors…

Momma plants after their haircuts

The FULL 25 site cloning machine

The experimental stick 'em in the dirt cuttings - the ones on the outsides might make it. Too early to tell, but the middle ones may not survive.

2 Likes

Nice looking grow. How many plants do you grow at one time? @BlackShirt

Thank you @MAXHeadRoom!

I am still trying to dial in the correct numbers - avoiding overcrowding while not wasting any light. This is another reason that I am considering a SCROG - it does seem like a very efficient use of available light.

Right now, I have 4 mother plants and 8 plants in the 5th week of flower (I had 10, but had to cull two hermies). If I keep them small, I am thinking that I can fit 8 comfortably under the HPS and 4 under the LED - maybe more … I will have to see what they look like when I can put them into flowering.

The HPS supposedly covers 4’ x 4’ and the LED 3’ x 3’. I have noticed considerably better bud development in this crop where the two lights overlap. I am also considering purchasing one more LED to have the HPS flanked by the LED lights.

Now you’ve got me rambling…

My mother/clone/veg room is under the basement stairs at the moment. It is very narrow and difficult to maneuver in. Next to it it the flowering room (6 1/2’ x 7 1/2’). After this flowering cycle, I plan to knock down the wall between the two to expand the flowering area. I have a 4’ x 4’ tent that I will move the veg plants into instead. This should give me more room to work in (and expand plantwise) the flowering room as well as more efficient use of space for the veg plants.

tl;dr the answer to your question is :man_shrugging:t4:

Your like me always planning and improving my grow. Looks great. Maybe after you harvest and I harvest we can meet in Hastings somewhere and exchange some product. Are you close to M37

@MAXHeadRoom not far at all! I worked in Hastings for 7 years. That sounds like a great idea!

Do you have your card? I got mine back in April so I’m totally legal. I’m 55 and growing to help people with there pain from cancer and other ailments. I also have cancer but am a 10 year survivor.

@MAXHeadRoom Yes I do. As does my gf. Looking into becoming a caregiver to grow more plants. I will be a bit outside my numbers as soon as these cuttings grow roots, but only for a few weeks. I don’t like running outside the numbers, but I don’t like having an empty flower room either.

Congrats on being a fighter! I applaud your inner strength and the desire to help others overcome their pain as well.

Only through the grace of God have I made it this far.
So does the 12 plants we can grow include seedlings and clones?

@MAXHeadRoom I believe the defining factor is whether or not it has roots.

OOPS with the fogponics I’m over. I won’t tell if you don’t LOL :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like