Lighting schedule for plant

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

I purchased a 600 watt led light, now my question is how far from the plant do I keep the light? She’s at 6 1/2 inches wide but only 3 inches tall. I can’t seem to find any answers anywhere. Thanks for all of your helpful emails!

With LEDs I would recommend that you rise them up to between 18" to 24" in Veg and bring it down when you go into flowering but be careful they are very powerful lights I hope this helps you :v:.

4 Likes

I would check with the manufacturer. Mine said right on the box ‘keep at least 12" above canopy to avoid leaf burn.’

Another option would be to “ask” your plants. Raise them as high as you can. Then, see how the plants react. If they stretch for the light, bring it down. I’d keep doing that, giving them time to react between adjustments.

You might want to consider a cheap light meter. I personally use an android app. I’m certain it’s not very “accurate” but it’s a good start to see where your lights are most efficient.

1 Like

Thanks ILGM.Support.Zoe ,

Dear costumer and fellow grower,

Here’s a chart for LED lights, it’s for equivalent watt, so if your LED light is 300W follow the chart for it, it’s not made for actual or real draw and it’s an approximation, that clarify, here it is :

120 W to 180W ~1.5 feet
180W to 300W ~2.0 feet
300W to 600W ~2.5 feet
600W to 1200W ~3.0 feet
1200W to 2000W ~3.5 feet

It can differ from 1 light to the other, that’s why it’s an approximation, your plant will tell you if she is happy :wink:

In hope that’s helping you,

~Al :v: :innocent:

4 Likes

Why guess? LUX meter is about $10 on Amazon.

1 Like