Let's talk DIY lights

They’re not cheap, that’s for sure. That’s kind of what I was getting at earlier. I’ll take a look at the drivers anyway.

2 Likes

All of those drivers seem to be 12 or 24v, which means you’d have to wire in parallel. I really don’t like doing that anyway.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

1 Like

Yes, for sure :rofl:… I need to get something for 100-120$ and a lot of watts :joy:

1 Like

We all do :wink:!

2 Likes

I found on ebay this cob’s

2 Likes

Those are very similar to @Bogleg’s build. He has 3000k 90cri. Running at about 40 Watts each.

I prefer the 90cri, but you could do very good with those! 5 will fit nicely on a meanwell hlg-185h-c1050a if you can find one.

What is the conversion on that to US dollar?

1 Like

They say that max power is 101w lol

1 Like

I actually like the 5 light build on a bar @M4ur. You can build one at a time then add to your space as you are able. But I would also go with the 90 cri.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @M4ur

3 Likes

That was 50 gbp, uk currency

1 Like

Do you put lens over them? Something like this?
The only one that I find it on ebay is from cree and is like 5 of this (the price)
@Daddy

1 Like

I’m pretty sure bogleg got his for $9 each. Not a bad deal though. In a 3x3 I would do them in a square with one in the middle.

2 Likes

The lense is per application. I don’t use lenses or reflectors but if you need to control your footprint they work awesome.

1 Like

The lens will actually reduce photon count to create a higher reading below it @M4ur. I don’t use them either.

They have their place, your first build probably isn’t going to be one of them.

1 Like

I was using that type of lens when I built my first cob but I don’t like how the footprint is(to small) and I think I will remove it, so this was bad investment.
@Daddy @dbrn32

1 Like

Live and learn right? At least you didn’t buy 15 of them, I hope!

2 Likes

No my friend, just 2 :joy: for two cob’s that are not arrived yet lol :joy:

1 Like

I have a meizhi 450w and it seems to not throw the same light like before (first use), she have a plastic screen and I think that is blocking the light. Will be good/safe to remove that?

As long as you spray water or anything up into it, should be fine.

1 Like

I’m not spraying anything in there, the only water in the air is from my humidifier but is not throw that mist directly to the light… RH - 40-70%