Let's talk DIY lights

I just got a line on some osram ssl 660’s mounted on a large pcb. They’ll need to come from Europe, but we’ll see how things go. Could be interesting. @1BigFella did you come across them in your search?

If things seem to be solid with these guys, may have found you a diy supplier @M4ur.

2 Likes

Wow… That is a good news if is true :+1:… I need to get back on track with this thread…
I will love to see something like quantum boards but in Europe :joy: @dbrn32

1 Like

Knock off boards are available via alibaba. It doesn’t sound sound like they are using top bin diodes though. Prices seem to be in the $20-$30 range.

2 Likes

osram ssl 660 nm LEDs: I see that Digikey has 475-3279-1-ND which is a one amp max red LED that runs $1.76 if you buy 25 of them. They describe them as “LED OSLON SSL120 RED 657NM SMD”. So you would have to solder surface-mount parts to use them. They have over 15000 of them ready to ship.

The only thing I have bought from Osram was a MH conversion bulb. This was cool because it worked with an HPS ballast, so it was great if you wanted to switch bulb types. But that was several years ago.

3 Likes

It looks like they have ssl 80 and ssl 120 I’m at least 7 diodes per pcb and possibly 12 diodes per pcb. I believe the ssl 120 is 80 degree viewing angle.

Trying to figure what bins these have and pricing. Otherwise I think I may get some strips from cutter.

1 Like

:thinking: put the link but whit some spaces, to not be able to access it… Please
Exemple: Amazon . com

1 Like

3 Likes

I bookmark this page… Now, what I need to look at? :rofl:

2 Likes

I guess I’ll have to go look lol.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the price conversion is, but this cob looks pretty good.

2 Likes

Yep you need to help me out with that :joy:, you tell me=you help me :joy:… But not now because I don’t have any money to invest right now :disappointed_relieved:
Let me throw a look on that website first, choose something in my price range and then I will ask you about it. Thx a lot for this information :v: :clap:

3 Likes

For sure bud!

I’ll see if they respond to my email and go from there. May not be anything special at all. I just seen it was on your part of the globe and thought I’d let you know.

2 Likes

I will see how the final cost goes, again, thank you for your time friend :+1:.
This is conversion for euro-dolar :grin:

3 Likes

@dbrn32, I can NOT figure out how to make the connection on the strips. The wire, 18 GA hook up wire, will not latch to the connector on the strip. I even tinned it and stripped it way back to see if I can connect and nothing.

Help!

@Myfriendis410

There is a little white button on the connection. You have to push it down and push in the wire at the same time. I had to figure that out myself when installing my

1 Like

Nope, no white button.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410
See the intention press it down into the box and slide wire into the hole

That indention has a plus or minus sign on it

Broke one already. Annoyed.

@Myfriendis410

Patience

Here’s a pic you need a pen or nail to press it down

3 Likes