Lets talk about RFI

I also find that Dimming Controller here but I don’t think I can use it on 220v right?

1 Like

It worked immediately but when I left the house it would quit working, I needed a gateway

SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway - Access your SensorPush Sensor Data from Anywhere via the Internet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N17RWWV?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Recommended to me by @crazyots

5 Likes

Lastly, i already had these in my possession. You can hook them up to individual devices. I got one on my grow room A.C., grow room heater, and grow room humidifier. I think I’m going to add one to my dehumidifier also

TP-Link HS100 Smart Plug (2-Pack), No Hub Required, Wi-Fi, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant, Control Your Devices from anywhere (HS100 KIT)

2 Likes

That’s the extent of it, 5 hours from the house and I have total grow room control :+1: :sunglasses: :v:

4 Likes

You can make that smart plug to work whitout that sensor push?

2 Likes

Yes, they work on their own out of the kasa app and don’t need a gateway. The kasa plug app is the one that looks like this

I turned everything on so you can see the difference in pics from the one above

1 Like

The sensor push is a separate app. Basically, I monitor grow room from the sensor push app and turn stuff off and on out of the kasa app!

3 Likes

Niceee! Definitely I will put something like that in my shopping cart :shopping_cart: :joy:.

2 Likes

That will probably work also.
Did you make sure you didn’t need a gateway or a hub?

It’s nice to have control over your grow space when you are away from it. But I think I misunderstood something it’s to easy whit only that…
Also I’m thinking to build something to water them when I’m gone… Something similar whit a perfusion but bigger, whit a switch…

I think that will work. Hope so.

1 Like

The best I can tell it will work. I hope you didn’t miss anything. The smart plugs you can purchase and use them all by themselves. The sensorpush has to have that $99 gateway to work when you are away from home…

But those plugs will turn anything off/on by themselves. Nothing extra needed

1 Like

I know a guy that uses this, he grows in soil or coco and had to leave home up to 10 days at a time and says it works great. His plants look good so I assume he’s telling the truth lol

AutoPot 1Pot System

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077F43NX9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UKwqAbF27Y0VZ

You can add more buckets to the system too

1 Like

That will be to expensive for me but maybe are ok for others :joy:. I will build it my self.

1 Like

I’m not saying you have to buy it lol. Watching videos and figuring out how stuff works without buying it is the is the driving force behind my DIY projects :sunglasses:

I would build something like this but have temporarily moved to hydro. I’ll go back to soil, but not until February or so

2 Likes

I can’t find that one switch for the life of me @OldSkunk

I been looking for an hour and its been fruitless sorry

1 Like

I already took a peek at some pics @OldSkunk posted. The light is sent with a dimming module and some sort of a receiver, but no remote. Outside of complete driver overhaul, nothing that I have messed with. In my opinion, it’s probably not worth the cost of replacing drivers to add dimming function. But if you or anyone else can figure out how to access the onboard equipment, that may be worth looking into.

2 Likes

I’m just kidding about designing something for these lights. They have an RF controller inside that’s wired to each driver (red, blue, white). I’m sure I would have to spend a lot more than I paid for the lights to make a remote that would work. @dbrn32 and I were looking at it a while back and his idea about using a potentiometer is as far as I would go. They have a 5 year warranty, so I’d better leave them alone.

2 Likes

This is it

Variable Fan Speed Controller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BLOSG7I?tag=greenrel-20

I still don’t know if it will work, I tried using it on a submersible pump and couldn’t get the “variable” to work on it. It will totally adjust ventilation but I don’t know if it will do it on lights.
I’ll try tomorrow when I get home @OldSkunk and let you know, i don’t think it will work

I had been wondering if this was a trick question :wink: