LEMON KUSH Mini experiment

@GreenThunder it does seem like an odd pattern of coloring. It could be just genetics. She looks good other than that. Is this a monster crop clone? She appears similar to my own. Forgive me if this was stated before.

1 Like

This one is a lemon kush bag seed we got from a friend. She was sprouted just days before the sour diesel clones were cut, thus the confusion :upside_down_face: I can hardly keep them sorted out, so I give them namesā€¦ this one is Cookie :grin:

1 Like

Lemon Kush ā€œCookieā€ got moved into the tent with the SD clone twins.

But she really doesnā€™t look very good :confused: I give her the exact same nutes as the clonesā€¦ but I mixed a higher percent of perlite into her coco (nearly 50/50) :fearful: so Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s part of my problem? :thinking: I wanted to try a hempy but it looked weird being just perlite so I did the mix. :unamused:

The bucket is 3 gallons, not 5 so I added the lighter for scale. Is she hungry, not getting enough of something? Iā€™m tempted to toss her and start over but something tells me to keep going just a bit longer. Sheā€™s an experiment and I donā€™t think itā€™d be fair to myself to simply bail at the first sign of trouble :unamused:

1 Like

Iā€™ll add some single pics for zoomingā€¦

Scrawny leaves

Maybe I was too aggressive?

She has a beautiful odor, kind of like an herb :wink:

@GreenThunder since this is coco which is kind of soilless, donā€™t forget to feed a little extra So I would think she needs a little extra nitrogen, and a few other things.
Have you checked the run off? I just want to make sure your ph is is ok before suggesting a lot of things that arenā€™t applicable. Iā€™m not sure it will help but hereā€™s a deficiency chartā€¦

2 Likes

The clones are in coco too but without the added extra perlite. I thought the same feed would work because both soiless but there must be something different when using more or all perlite. Iā€™ll have to do some more research. For now I think Iā€™ll increase her feed to twice a day.

2 Likes

have you tried mixing in hydroton[clay pellets]?

1 Like

I have not. This was my first attempt at hempy and I got a little weirded out looking at a pot of just perlite :smile:

1 Like

i would too @GreenThunder :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Checked runoff with this morningā€™s feeding:

PPM in 1600; out 1790
pH in 5.8; out 5.7

But I donā€™t really know what the numbers say or mean :thinking:

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @SilentHippie @Myfriendis410

I hesitate to tag because I donā€™t want to be a bother (asking for help has always been a challenge for me) and donā€™t want anyone to feel left out. I have a Swiss cheese brain that operates like a strobe light (one quick flash and itā€™s gone!) :zap::rofl:

3 Likes

@GreenThunder TDS measure the solids in your water. Itā€™s a means of measuring the strength of your nutrients. Did you measure the TDS of the water before adding nutrients?

If you would tell me the age of your plants from sprout / flowering and what nutrients you are using I can help you make sense of those numbers.

1 Like

@GreenThunder @bob31 will be better with the PPM numbers than I will be. I have the basic concept on that. Your ph looks good, but what was the PH going in? Weā€™ll get to bottom of this.

1 Like

Sheā€™s 86 days from sprout and was repotted 62 days ago. PPM before nutes was 80 (sorry, I forgot to add that info!) Is it normal for the PPM to be less coming out than it was going in? * I added extra cal mag today and will feed her again this evening.

Thank you so much for your help!! :v::green_heart:

• geezā€¦ I just realized my ppm was higher coming out, not lower. No wonder Iā€™m confused! :joy:
1 Like

PH in was 5.8

1 Like

Holy cow! You started with a ppm of 80 and fed 1,600 and the runoff was 1,790?!?! I recommend you flush asap! Usually with coco you want to feed one day and flush with clean ph adjusted water the next. Youā€™ll need to give them a really good flush to get rid of all the excess nutes!

Also, I donā€™t know what nutes youā€™re using, but adding enough to raise the ppm by over 1,500 is almost certainly too highly concentrated.

3 Likes

IIRC youā€™re using the Flora series. If you are in veg thatā€™s twice the TDS value I use. Iā€™m between 800 and 900 ppm.

Having an output TDS thatā€™s effectively 90 ppm more out is simply within error limits. Thereā€™s no problem that I see.

2 Likes

The ppm is actually 190 higher and the runoff ppm in coco really shouldnā€™t ever be higher, unless you have a major buildup problem. Flushing asap really is a very good idea imo. I think @garrigan62 grows in coco and can give a more expert opinion.

3 Likes