Led bulb vs cfl bulb

Mount the cfl’s the same way the led’s were, horizontally. You do the opposite with the 2 bulbs. You want the greatest surface area toward your plant with the cfl’s. And you want the led’s pointing directly at the plant when you use them.

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Noctis420 you got it.

Now just keep an eye on that seedling. If it seems like it’s reaching for the light, put something under your res to elevate it some.

2 Likes

@Noctis420, thanks

1 Like

I would bring that res up to at least the height of that fan to maximize the light exposure with those CFL’s. You won’t burn the leaves at that height and it should help that baby spread instead of stretch.

1 Like

@Noctis420, I was using two 100w(6500k) CFL’s and was keeping my lights about 4 inches away at the stage you are at. Now I am about 7 to 12 inches away and I have two plants that are about twice as wide as they are high. I am using 4 -100w(6500k)CFL’s and 2 - 60w( 300k)LED’s that seem to be working pretty good and produce very little heat.

The box was running at 88F so I threw a fan in and raised it up. The left seedling should be popping up real soon. I can see it a little bit.

@Sharkslayer @BobD1 @dbrn32

2 Likes

That looks a little better for them. I am sure that they will enjoy that much more. As they grow you can slowly move the res back down to the floor in stages. This will help keep the light distance to the canopy of the plant somewhat consistent. :+1:t2::fire::fire::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Soft whites are 2700k. Daylight bulbs are 5000k daylight better for veg.

1 Like

Those are daylight bulbs. I use soft white for flowering.

2 Likes