Laughing Buddha & Pineapple Express Auto First Grow - Preperation & Journal

Hey Folks!
I recently read through a whole bunch of articles on this beautiful website.
I downloaded the MJ Grow Bible, Harvesting Guide and for learning even more I read through some interesting articles from you guys in the forum.

Now I can’t wait for the theory to become reality…

I am still living together with my family (Finished my A levels 2 months ago) and my new room will be finished within the next 2-3 months. I will start my real Grow Journal as soon as possible not only because I am so curious, but also cause you guys should not forget me that I can still get some useful information :wink:

I will be using a selfmade grow box with a minimum space of 1m x 1m x 2m and a max of 1,20m x 2,20 x 2m.
I want to try Pineapple Express Auto, Laughing Buddha (Barney’s Farm) and maybe also Fruity Thai (Ceres Seeds).
I will be using a 400w MH lamp for the veg. Stage and a 400w HPS lamp for flowering.
The temperature of the lamps won’t be a problem because I also have a cooling tube together with a ventilation system for a nice air flow.

So my first Question is: How many of my chosen strains can I grow at once and is it possible to grow the Auto together with one of the other strains?

Please mind that this is my first grow and I am not looking forward of expanding my grow dimensions… I am satisfied with 1-3 plants at once max 4 I guess.

More information about my whole equipment comming soon.

3 Likes

Go for at least 1.2 - 1.2 - 2m… And you will be able to grow 1-2 auto+2 photo plants.
I have a grow box (homemade) 60x60x170cm and is very crowded right now whit 1 auto(almost finished) + 1 clone (not so big) + 1auto in veg stage

5 Likes

Thanks man, doesn’t sound too bad…
But you’re right yours is a bit crowded ^^

And it is no problem for the auto when I am changing the light cycles accordingly to the photo plants?

EQUIPMENT UPDATE:

→ Grow Box (size above)
→ Soil
→ 1x 400w MH (Growth), 1x 400w HPS
(Flowering)
→ Cooltube (125mm) + pipe (125mm) + fan
→ Additional fans for better ait circulation
→ Ph -, TDS- and Hygro-Meter
→ Flower Power Fertilizer (Starting Package)
→ Little pots, 15L pots for repotting

The auto strains can grow whitout any problems with every light schedule you run… The best is 18/6 but 12/12 is good too… So you can start your seeds (photo+auto) on the same times and when you decide to switch to flower schedule you will not have any problems.

1 Like

Okay that’s perfect!
The point is Laughing Buddha and Fruity Thai are Sativa dominants… will the space I can provide be enough even without any pruning?

1 Like

I don’t know many about photos but I know they can go very big… Depending how long you veg them.

Okay no problem…
I thought about topping and/or SCROGing even if I’m a newbie because of the space, light efficiency and yield per plant…
Both topping and SCROGing do sound quite easy in theory.

You also need to have in plan to scrog them and you need to LST them… Search on YouTube this techniques.

1 Like

Already done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@JedSanders first off welcome to Iglm
We will assist you and getvtou to a successful harvest
@M4ur seems to have you covered right now
Autos grow fast and only require about 1-1.5 square feet each @M4ur can you do the conversion math for me lol
I will also suggest youbgrow either auro or photos don’t mix them especially for your first grow
If I can be of any help tag me
Just put the @ symbol in front of my screen name
Wish you well :v: :cowboy_hat_face: :+1: CB

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 this would be 0, 14 square meters… This seems a bit too tiny doesn’t it?!
And what’s the problem with mixing them?

One and a half feet is closer to a half meter isn’t it @JedSanders
I’m no good with the metric stuff bro from the USA lol
1 meter is like 3 feet right ?

Google is a nice help… :wink: square feet meter - Google Search

If it your first grow they will grow at different rates and need different requirements and it can be confusing for the first time growers
But it can be done👍

Yeah that’s true even if one uses Auto Strains… It still is a living plant!

There is also another thing I am not quite shure about.
It is watering the plants.
One of many common newbie fails is overwatering the plants… on the other hand underwatering has the same symtoms.
I found a very helpful growing shedule on this website

it is like this one and for every week

P.S.: If anyone wants the whole shedule just say so an I’ll upload it here.

1 Like

This picture obviously is from the flowering stage and now I am wondering if I should give 1L of water to each plant every day in this week or if 1L should be given to every plant but divided into tiny parts…
For example 200ml the first 5 days and the last two days of the week no water.
I mean there is a huge difference between 1L per week and 7L per week (per plant)!

Just to be sure about it…

use weight of pots simple effective fill a pot with dry fresh soil then compare it to watered ones next time you water it should feel very close to the fresh dry soil. Seems tricky but trust me after a few days you can judge easily I don’t remember last time I used a reference pot lmao

4 Likes

You’ll have to LST or scrog sativas to utilize the plants full potential

1 Like