Late start Grow Journal - beginner auto flower mix - outdoor grow

Ok… why the hell am I not getting notified when someone responds to something I say… :rage::fearful::angry::cry:
Now I’m getting mad… what the h €ll is going on… :thinking:
I have so much to say… :rage::angry::grin::wink:
Makes me so mad… :rage::angry:

I will try to figure this out… dammit… :angry:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

even when people tag you @peachfuzz? hmmm,that sounds weird!

2 Likes

Lol @peachfuzz will not be silenced!!!

1 Like

@peachfuzz for president!

1 Like

Lmao got a ring to it for sure

1 Like

Update 6/4/17

So the girls have all been outside doing their thing. Thankfully the rain hasn’t really affected them. Wish I could say the same for the rest of my garden. Lost all my cucumbers so I changed my mind on where I put the girls permanently. They are now where the cukes were with the exception of my Amnesia Haze because it was a little too shady where they would have ended up due to a branch from a tree in the neighbors yard (of course my husband told me after he plans to take the branch down anyway - oh well).

First pic is the two Amnesia Haze

These are closer of each plant:

Up on the wall we have the rest of the harem (ignore the withering tomato plants):

Individual pics follow:

White Widows

Blueberry’s

The one below I fimmed. It got some dirt on it from the transplant but seems ok

Northern lights

This is my short stubby girl. She is so compact that I can barely see between the branches and leaves. It’s bizarre compared to the one above.

I was determined to get these in the ground today. However, I should have waited for my husband to come home and help because getting these out of five gallon pots by myself was a challenge. But I did it with no damage to the plants…where there’s a will there’s a way. And I beat the rain which is why I didn’t wait for him.

Thankfully my untrained eyes don’t see any issues with them, but let me know if you see any.

Between getting these in and standing/dancing for hours at the Dierks Bentley concert last night I feel like I need to be in traction - but both events were totally worth the aches and pains.

Happy growing all!

12 Likes

that’s awesome @AnneBonny! happy growing to you!!!

2 Likes

Very nice! How old are they atm? U might of said n I missed :x sorry if I did lol

1 Like

They were started on 3/26 so 11 weeks yesterday or 70 days. That are a little small as they didn’t have strong enough light in the beginning.

Somehow I missed your grow. Your girls are looking much better! Good recovery!

Are your plants still in that soil mix that you posted at the beginning?

If so would you take a pic of the ingredients for me?

Thanks. Yes, they are in the same soil but now in the ground. I don’t have the bag anymore so thank God for the internet:

INGREDIENTS:This product is regionally formulated with organic materials (including one or more of the following: Processed Forest Products, Recycled Forest Products, Arbor Fines, Peat Humus or Compost), Horticultural Perlite, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Composted Poultry Manure, Sand, Ground Dolomitic Limestone (pH-adjuster), Worm Castings, Bat Guano, Kelp Meal and Organic Fertilizer. In Georgia, this product contains: 75-85% processed forest products, horticultural perlite, sphagnum peat moss, composted poultry manure, sand, ground dolomitic limestone (pH-adjuster), worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, and organic fertilizer. In Texas, this product contains: recycled forest products, sand, composted poultry manure, organic fertilizer (see below), sphagnum peat moss, horticulture perlite, ground dolomitic limestone (pH-adjuster), worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal

I had forgotten until I just went back to get the name of the soil that @Sl1 told me she had issues with that soil. Is there anything in there that I should be concerned with? Thanks ~ AB

1 Like

Are you having and discolored leaves or any other signs of defficiencies?

It looks like a soiless mix that contains dolomite lime to adjust the pH and fertilizer.

So don’t add any nutrients for awhile especially if they are time release fertilizer.

Just for fun put a spoonful int 6.5 pH water and see what the water tests at. When you get a chance tomorrow is fine. @AnneBonny

1 Like

@bob31 No discolored leaves except the darker ones on the top of the 2 blueberrys and one WW. I will do that test tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for looking into that.

1 Like

ok kiddo, I’m outta likes so :+1:

They seem to be healthy as far as I can see looking good @AnneBonny

2 Likes

Just did the test @bob31. Started with 6.5 pH water added some soil and it went to 7.0. Not sure what that means other than the soil has something that increases pH.

3 Likes

So it’s pH adjusted. Water it at 6.5 even though it’s a mix. Very important that you watch your runoff pH because at some point the lime is gonna run out and the pH is gonna start dropping and we will have to go from there.

Are you following me ok @AnneBonny just making sure you know what I mean? If any of it needs splaining I will do that! @AnneBonny

2 Likes

any of it needs splaining I will do that!
Now @bob31 you sure you ain’t from ga?:wink:

3 Likes

I grew up in southern Ohio ( pronounced ohia ) I stomped around Southeast Indiana for many years and lived in ky/TN border for almost 5 years.

I can splain as good as anybody!

I’m actually more fluent in the southern half than the northern half though being here for almost 35 years I’m getting a bit of the Boston accent.

4 Likes

That splains it Bob :joy:

1 Like