Just a newbie looking for feedback

@cooknkd

The fan leaves are light solar panels. They take in light and store energy and nutrients for the plant.

I would wait until the plant starts showing you that she doesn’t really need them anymore.

3 Likes

@Ray4x
Heard. These chicas got a little bigger around then expected. Was just thinking I might be able to thin them a bit in hopes that I might redirect some energy. But I’m pretty patient so I’ll wait a bit longer. Thanks

2 Likes

@cooknkd Your plants are doing great. Have decided not to scrog my goldleaf gal. The grow group isnt really lending itself to a scrog. So just going to let them grow. Not concerned with getting maximum amount of bud. Its just for me. I just turned my lights to 12/12 so am waiting now to get through the first week before I start the bloom nutes. Going to do a mild flush first. Will post a photo of my current ladies. Not the bag seed bunch though.

2 Likes

@cyberblast
Thank ya, I was honestly worried for a bit. Right before I flushed some of leaves on the bottom were starting to yellow. But once I changed everything and did a little reconfiguring they bounced right back and are a beautiful dark green. I just wish I knew what they are!
Either way I couldn’t be more happy with a very non-professional setup and it being my first attempt.
I also have a few ideas for the dry/cure process as well. I’m not too concerned with yield either only because I just plan to make edibles. But as I get into my experimenting I’ll update here.

@Wishingilivedina420state @bob31 @Ray4x @Myfriendis410 @cyberblast @Hogmaster @suctionmed @Countryboyjvd1971

quick update with some pics… still holding steady with pH and PPM. I’m honestly not sure if I just got lucky with all of this or if it’s the setup!? things are progressing nicely though, based on where things are currently I’m guessing that I’m about 3 weeks or so from harvest? ← that is both a statement and a question, so if anyone has any thoughts based on the pictures I post please let me know!
Some side notes for reference: I’ve flushed and cleaned the tank once, I believe since it’s so big and I only have 4 plants in there it requires a little less maintenance than a smaller setup would require. I think I mentioned in my last update that I decided not to use the Lucas method and just opted for the standard GH ratios, and this seems to be working just fine. The only thing I’ve added to the tank aside from the nutes is GH florakleen and this stuff works amazingly well an there is very little build-up as far as the salts go.
I would like some suggestions on additives for next grow, which by the way will be ILGM northern lights regular seeds.
I’m not sure I have much more to add at the moment but I do appreciate any and all feedback/questions as it helps me learn! If I don’t know the answer immediately I will find out! And a sincere thank you to those who have commented and followed me along the way!
And here are the pics!

3 Likes

How long ago did they first start showing their pistils? Generally from there it takes 8 weeks. @cooknkd

@bob31 well I don’t have an exact date because I was dong a lot of traveling but my best estimate is some time around the end of September, beginning of October. so my estimate is probably about a week-ish off…

1 Like

ok, so you are looking at the end of November at the earliest @cooknkd

2 Likes

@bob31 1 I can certainly work with that, I’m in no hurry to get them out of there just want some good colas! thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Give them their weekly nutes and plenty of light and they will be fine! @cooknkd

2 Likes

@bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Hogmaster @cyberblast @Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @Wishingilivedina420state

Is this what I think it is!!?? Please tell me no!

It appears to be a calyx with a pistil, but you would need to take another pic under natural or white light. @cooknkd

2 Likes

They appear to just be swollen pistols. Yes ou should be fine. @cooknkd

1 Like

Deep breath. It’s a girl.

1 Like

@bob31
I shall get another one after a bit…

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry, but the other pic would be good jso we can overlook if nothing else @cooknkd

What have you fed them, if anything so far in her life?

@cooknkd as the others said, better photo but it does look like you got a female. Got pistils showing. I got worried on one of mine. But I looked closer and had pistils so good to go. But let the biggies chime in positively. Me still a youngster here. Good luck.

1 Like

@cooknkd

You’re good!

Congrats on the baby girl!