Is this normal?

@BrotherManBill , it seem the members are giving you all the same answer’s i was going to ,so

you should be good to go .

Hammer.

1 Like

Thank you again @Hogmaster , @hammer , @peachfuzz and @ktreez420 . This is day 28 of the grow I recently switched to Distilled water for the DWC bucket.

I have also noticed though a small spot on one of the leafs. Indicated here.

I was wondering what this spot could possibly be. It isn’t any type of insect and from my brief research online it seemed like it could be a calcium deficiency because of the distilled water. I was wondering how far off from adding 1/4 Nutrients I am or if I should start them now?

you want to wait for true sets of leaves 4 true sets if you add any nutrients the small it will more than likely just kill them

@Hogmaster Should I be concerned about the spot? And when you say 4 true sets, is has 2 currently and I just need to wait for the smaller new ones to develop more right?

No you want to wait until there are four true sets of leaves are used fox farm ocean soil and I usually don’t use any nutrients until the third or fourth week when it’s about to go into flower

it will look closer to this whenever you want to use the nutrients I still probably won’t use them for several weeks on this Afghan

2 Likes

Does that make sense

Will my plant survive with 0 nutrients in Distilled water until they are that size? At the grow rate right now its gonna be at least another month or so until I can even give it nutrients.

That is correct if you’re using Foxfarm you should not need any nutrients for the first two possibly 3-4 months are usually start giving a nutrients about it second month in that using Foxfarm soil

I have a journal on here where I did a Foxfarm soil grow from start to finish with no nutrients just using the soil

This is a Hydroponic grow, The roots are going directly into Distilled Water. There is no Soil

2 Likes

@ktreez420 would be the man you need to talk to I’m sure he will chime in sometime soon he can definitely help you out

2 Likes

You’ll need to add nutrients, in a really low dose. If it says 1 tsp per gallon of water, you should be putting half a tsp for the entire reservoir (I’m assuming your using 5 gallon buckets, which means your reservoir would be about 3 gallons of water?). Stay on the low side, you can always add more if you notice she’s still hungry. But I get them started with nutrients from day one once they’re in the DWC buckets. It will help your plant get going, specially if you have any root promoter or root innoculant products. I use GH RapidStart, and it works wonders for root growth!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes