Is It Safe to Top These?

Just wondering if it would be safe to top these yet. They are about 5 weeks old now.

2 Likes

Looks like you got 5 nodes there so I would say you would be safe to top them.
(A node is the space between the sets of branches coming off)
You could wait another week if you wanted.
I would let a few others comment first though but o think you are safe to do so.

4 Likes

I was thinking so too but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the input. Ill wait to see if any one else chimes in.

3 Likes

You can do it at 5 nodes, I wait till the 6th node. I’ve done it to 4, 5, and 6th nodes, 6th seemed like it took less time to recover

5 Likes

the recommendation is for the plant be growing in the vegetative stage when topped, after the fourth set of real leaves are growing, any earlier and the plant is still a seedling…so as @Jmesser80 pointed out, it looks safe to top.
a node is where the leaf is attached, or was attached. :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks for the responses … Advice taken and topping will be done in a couple days. Thanks all!!

3 Likes

I’d say they are ready if you are @Sasquatch

3 Likes

@Hawkeye_diesel @Countryboyjvd1971 @Jmesser80 @kabongster Topped these over the weekend, I think it was, and they going strong!

6 Likes

Woohoo looking great brother
They look happy in the sun
Out of curiosity where in the country are you growing in bro ?

1 Like

Western NC in the mtns

1 Like

Look nice and healthy. Should see an explosion of growth soon

1 Like

its already going on. every where below the top is busting out. the growth is amazing!

2 Likes

Getting some rain today. The girls are lovin it!

3 Likes

@Hawkeye_diesel or anyone with knowledge
While I’m VERY accomplished at growing most everything else, I’m new to growing cannabis. So, my question here is:

Once there are 6 nodes, exactly where do I make the cut to top the plant?. In other words, how far down do I make the cut?

Thank you all for your time and expertise.

CBDbudMan

1 Like

@CBDbudMan Here’s the best picture of mine that I toped. hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you @Sasquatch for the picture. Looks great. So, where do you make the cut? Between which nodes?

Thanx,

CBDbudMan

there are some great videos out there - Right in the middle of the top of plant

@bob31 can we get that graphic for our friend here @CBDbudMan
He wanting to top his plants bob

1 Like

This is the photo u are asking for I believe

5 Likes

That’s the one! Thanks @Thetattedmann !!:v::palm_tree::+1::grin:

2 Likes