Infected by Septoria! HELP!

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Hi! I am growing some auto.Jock horror and the plants got infected by septoria. I have resolve the problem by removing the most affected leaves, changing the way I ventilate and give them a garlic treatment. The girls are now happy and there is no more spots but it has much slow down grow.My plants have about 6 weeks of grow but they are very small because of leaves amputation and flowers are coming. I was wondering if I should continue to give them nutrient that are rich in N to bring them at least a little taller before getting them to bud or will it affect the quality of the final product.
Your advise will be very appreciate, thank you.”

Can you upload any pictures and leaf septoria I believe is caused by overall ph problems

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM Mad Scientists group. There are a lot of really good growers that can help you here.

Found this article that may help: (in part)

Sometimes called “yellow leaf spot” or “leaf septoria,” this condition is caused by a fungus (or sometimes a bacteria) that attacks cannabis plants and usually appears in warm, wet weather. The symptoms first appear on the bottom leaves of the plant.

The spots may have darkened borders and may have a hard growth in the middle like a little pimple, but the thing that makes the spots the most unique is they are often very uniform, like little circles. Each spot is the receptacle of a spore (ewwww) which look like tiny dark specks in the center of each spot. A copperr based fungicide or a broad spectrum fungicide may be useful in stopping spread the rest of the plant though they are best used as a preventative.

IF you had leaf septoria and you treated by amputation, your plants are going to require time to recover. Since they are auto’s, you do not have a lot of choice in what to do. The flowers are pre-programed (if you will) to live for a certain time period. Unlike photo period cannabis, you cannot send them back to veg, they will continue to try to flower, no matter what you do.

Keeping giving extra nitrogen during flowering is counter-productive as they do not require to use that much in flowering and may lead to nitrogen toxicity. I believe that you should start flowering nutes at 1/4 strength and let her recover.

Just my take on it. You may want to give us a Support ticket to help get to the bottom of the problem.

Good luck with your grow. Jerry

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help Jerry. I think your right about N. I gave them a little to much and 2 of my 6 girls have suffer from N toxicity. I have flush them and the problem seem to be resolved. I will not get much out of them but at least I have learned something with auto.
Thank you again. Michel

Glad I could help. You are right about learning to grow cannabis plants. Sometimes the lessons are hard to take but it is something that you will not forget. Good luck on finishing this grow. If you get a chance, post a picture so we can see how it is going. Jerry

1 Like