Indoor Growing on a Budget Soil/ Soiless Grow Mediums (Not water or Aero)

lol I’m going to probably end up with Smokn Granny Groans :rofl: Sneak Preview: “Auto Flowering is Not Idiotproof”

2 Likes

I haven’t used lemon juice or vinegar but used a lot of baking soda and citric acid (possibly another cheap ph down) and they worked fine.

2 Likes

I use both vinegar and baking soda to raise and lower pH, both are effective and cheaper than pH up or down which are a hassle if you don’t have a pet shop with aquariums nearby. Wouldn’t trust the swimming pool formulas on my plants. Have to be careful with vinegar, though, and only add small amounts at a time.

3 Likes

That was the problem with citric acid. You were using it like salt from a shaker. Just a tiny bit was all you needed.

2 Likes

@DieHigh55 & @Myfriendis410 thanks for sharing your experiences. I’m pretty sure that most people have vinegar and baking soda in their cupboards or both are easily accessible. On a personal level I haven’t tested ph (but will!) so I think adding an eyedropper to cost of supplies might be appropriate?

3 Likes

Those plastic pipettes are the bomb!

2 Likes

I have plenty of those for soap making :slightly_smiling_face:. But I’m trying to keep a running total of best & alternative expenses & little things add up rather quickly.

1 Like

BTW tips for alternative methods of doing things for those who have a disability are also welcome.

3 Likes

Absolute necessity, a few should be on hand as the lines and numbers wear off eventually. Also handy for measuring out liquid nutrients.

2 Likes

Count on the Alans…as one of my foremen used to say, " if you can’t dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullsh*t!"

3 Likes

Whats a cheap way to setup to collect rainwater? Buying water for them now.

1 Like

I’ve seen some DIYs on Pinterest if you have gutters :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Yep :+1: been there done that :rofl:

1 Like

I also have & recommend having a flashlight, magnifier & a sharp knife &/or scissors handy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Where can i p/u patience of a saint?Lol, so i know ill need gutters, a large barrel, what about filtering & how long would it be good water?

A bucket, a very large one.

All good questions. I’ll have to get back on Pinterest and see :grinning:
PS you’re on your own re:patience. I learned it by raising bird dogs :+1::slightly_smiling_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

You could use a dark trashcan that’s heavy duty and the water is good for a long time. Anything white or opaque like my 30 gallon barrel I found causes algea to grow even in winter.

5 Likes

Did you share pictures of your veg light with the group?

It’s embarrassing. You’ve seen it before. I cut it up from the first grow.

Not a good picture but first grow

Still not a good picture, but this grow. Basically 5 t5s attached to a piece of luan with reflective insulating foam. The lights were about $25 a piece at the time. Now they’re $50 for one from sunblaster with a reflector.

2 Likes