Indoor Growing on a Budget Soil/ Soiless Grow Mediums (Not water or Aero)

@SmoknGranny i sometimes use an old ink pen. Just take use the tube, dip into ph up or down and put finger over exposed end. Then whem u want to drop a few drops in your water, lighlty remove finger!

2 Likes

Soak it over night and try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Out of likes, but I fired off email last night and they responded this morning. They are fairly certain that probe just needs to be hydrated and it will be fine.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to my ā€œreplaceable probeā€ Glass bulb on tips shattered. 15 emails later they finally admit there no probe to replace it with and offered to let buy another.

Or those skinny little bar straws :grimacing:

3 Likes

My apera says to store in storage solution or 4.0 calibration solution but nothing else.

1 Like

@Daddy thats what mine says too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Daddy @Kcdaniels if they say that then should be fine by if I was you guys I will write one email to that producer and ask again because many of this meters are not recommended to be kept in that solution! Just a FYI

3 Likes

Me threeā€¦

3 Likes

Instructions? I donā€™t need no stinking instructions hajaja!

I have the Apera too.

5 Likes

@Deewsmoke this is itā€¦ Go from start please!

1 Like

My ph meter arrived, itā€™s easy to calibrate(I do it in 2 points 6.86 and 4.0), itā€™s big :joy: and seems to be working pretty well (just first test :blush:).
I bought it from aliexpress but you can find it also in Amazon
Professional Mini Pen-Type Water Quality Analysis Device High Precision PH Meter Automatic Correction Waterproof Acidity Meter

Editā€¦ unauthorized link removed. Only Amazon please!

@SmoknGranny
I will give it another feedback after a while :smirk:

hi

10 Likes

Much easier to read than mine

2 Likes

I have a few nice ph meters
I find my extech ph 300 meter is may favorite
I have another very similar to your @M4ur as well
In my humble opinion the better meter you have the more consistent your readings will be i have the cheapy meter as well but i spent more time calibrating it then using fir intended purpose hahaha
Im thinking about getting the ph 600 next but cost to need factor is holding me back
Heres a-link to mine

https://www.amazon.com/Extech-PH300-Waterproof-Temperature-Kit/dp/B004WN6T1A?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes

That is nice but my budget not cover that kind of stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:ā€¦
If a pH probe is stored properly (in storing solutions) I think will not needed to be calibrated every time :smirk::wink::+1:

4 Likes

I hear that @M4ur mine didnt either at one point
I think i have 3or 4 meters now i have gifted a few as well that i wasnt using ?
I love growing
All sorts of fruits plants and veggies!
And of course Cannabis but dont tell anyone lol
It my hobby so i have collected a lot of grow stuff over time and you will too
I enjoy trying new things
Learning and expanding my knowledge is my fav past time and in doing so I collect more stuff
I starting to look into aquaponics now so i see more purchases im my future

4 Likes

You always buy stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:, I will do the same if I was having :dollar: butā€¦ :roll_eyes:. So I try my best to get the best products for my hobby, it is hard to do that whit only 150-200$(that is what I get from my job :frowning:) and I have bills and so many things I need to surviveā€¦but Iā€™m okay with that :+1::wink:

7 Likes

Its all good brother and I understand
its true i do buy things frequently lol
Donā€™t tell my wife
Your doing a great job as well I remember when you joined
Youā€™ve come a long way my friend and if you look your collection of stuff has grown as well lmfao :wink:
Anyway i was just sharing
The meters you bought i checjed out the link looks good to me im sure you get years of use
And you can replace probe if needed so :+1:

6 Likes

I donā€™t if you donā€™t :joy:. O God! donā€™t remember me, I was so newbie, Iā€™m still amusing myself when I think to that :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Welcome to the club, dude! Haha we didnā€™t know even the right questions to ask!

2 Likes