In Search Of....Tutankhamun!

Light bleaching is no joke! Although mine are almost healed, it’s still visible. This happened a month ago. In 3rd week since the 12/12 switch.

3 Likes

Very true, @Covertgrower :+1::ok_hand:

Light bleach damage is irreversible if it’s not catch soon enough…

You’re doing good, @SilentHippie

4 Likes

Thanks for all the support folks! I’m so glad I’ve found you guys. I couldn’t do this on my own. :v:

5 Likes

I run all my lights currently the "full spectrum pure white and the full spectrum LED. I have 3 plants smash into a teenie tiny space but my light are only about 8-12 inches away from canopy tops. You will do fine with that lighting. My first grow were just LED FLOODS and I managed 1/4 pound from 3 plants. And it was bag seed. This grow is all ILGM

1 Like

@Viktor7

As you can see in recent posts, we were interested in which one performed better. Since both of my lights are of about equal output, we’ll see. Did you notice any performance differences between the lights or are you using some of them as “supplemental” ?

River Trek Day 6:

Ank and Nef seem to be doing fine with the change in light height and spectrum. I think the purple leds were throwing my perception off but they seem to look better in the white light.

Ank’s “birthmark” doesn’t look like it’s getting any bigger.

I bought a small oscillating tower fan for the babies as my battery powered clip fan was chewing through batteries. The girls are strengthening nicely. I’ll probably get another fan at some point once the girls get bigger.

These Tutankhamuns are sativa dominant and since my Northern Lights arrived I’ve been anxious to grow some indica also so I put one of them in water yesterday and this morning it had cracked.

I put her into seed starter, like the others, and put the humidity dome over her. We’ll call her Aurora.

Thanks for following along.

7 Likes

@SilentHippie… very nice…:+1:Lookin good already and interested to know about these seeds… your girls stems are fatter than mine. I’ll be following along and if you don’t mind tagging me too :blush:

1 Like

@bonnie1
I was told by rep from the seed bank that they were hardy plants. I also started with an oscillating fan on lowest setting as soon as they were about an inch tall. At that early age, they kinda bent away from the breeze and I had to rotate them a couple times a day until they got stronger but I think it will pay off.

1 Like

@SilentHippie… yes, I always start with an oscillating fan and kept it throughout my grow… no issues with mold or anything, which was great. I have 2 new oscillating fans to put together for my next grow…:grimacing:

1 Like

Expedition Day 8:

Nef and Ank turned 1 week old yesterday.

Temperatures an humidity are still good.

Watered Ank and Nef to runoff this morning for the first time. Still using 6.5 distilled water. I was a little worried that I was under watering them but they look good and I think they will be ok. Both are about 2" tall. I measured the runoff and it was extremely low 3.6! Since the plants don’t look bad, I’m not going to mess with them just yet for a couple reasons:

1. This is my first attempt at measuring Ph and I may not have runoff enough water to get an accurate reading.
  2. The plants look healthy and I haven’t used any additives yet.
    I’ll test runoff at the next watering, probably ask some questions, and see where we’re at.

Nef’s stem is nice and sturdy and takes the breeze from the fan in stride.

Ank’s leaves are a bit bigger and her stem isn’t quite as strong yet so I’ve been diffusing the breeze with her name tag and that has been working.

Aurora (Northern Lights Fem) poked her head out yesterday and is slowly straightening up. Her cotyledons were still together this morning but a few minutes after misting, they opened up. I hope she catches up quickly as I would like to get them on the same feeding schedule.

Here’s the girls

Nefertiti

Ankhesenamun

Aurora

I’ve noticed that the leaves droop a little right after watering but I think it’s just the weight of the water on the tiny plants. After an hour or so, they perk right up.

We experienced our first minor pitfall this morning. While taking plants out to photograph, I set Ank directly in front of the fan! The breeze hit her full force and she bent straight over! :open_mouth: I stood her back up and she stayed under her own power but I’m a little worried I may have broken her. I did a little triage and I’ll keep an eye on her.

It’s been a couple interesting days and I’m excited to see if a full watering has any effect.

Stay tuned folks! :v:

Update: Ank is standing under her own power so I think it was just a freak out moment. Aurora is upright, cotyledons open and already has her first true leaves sprouting. I’m loving this new hobby.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@SilentHippie

The gang looks great!

If you are going to spray the leaves, the LED lights should be turned off till they dry or the leaves could burn. I use white cool LED’s near mine while I am still spraying the leaves or spray the inside of the domes It won’t hurt to turn off the LEDs for a little bit to let the leaves dry

3 Likes

Nile River Adventure Day 11:

Ok ILGM Adventurers, here’s where I need some guidance.

I waited three days to water the Tut twins until the soil was dry. Today I watered to runoff again and once again, Ph was at 4.0!

I was confounded as our ladies haven’t seen anything but distilled water from the start. When I opened to gallon container, My Ph drops said we were at 6.5. I probably have a quart left out of the first gallon. I grabbed the new Apera and measured and sure enough, 5.0! I figured I hadn’t runoff 10% yet so I Ph’d up to 6.5 and watered a little more. My runoff is now at about 4.5. This is what I get for not checking Ph before watering EVERY time.

The good news is all three of the girls look good and healthy. They aren’t showing any kind of problems as of yet. :crossed_fingers:

Here’s where you experienced folks come in. I have a few questions.

While the girls look healthy, They seem to be growing very slowly. I’ve been attributing it to root development but could the low Ph be contributing?

I don’t know why I thought this but I was under the assumption that 6.5 distilled water would remain 6.5 as long as I wasn’t adding anything to it. What causes the Ph change?

And finally, when I do water again in a few days, what should I Ph my water to? Should I try to compensate by raising the Ph a little higher than 6.5 or just get it to 6.5 and see what my runoff is?
Also, after adjusting my water, I didn’t use it all. Can I continue to use this water and adjust it again on the next watering or should I start with fresh water?

Thankfully, I was going to add some root enhancer today but didn’t because I wanted to make sure the Ph was being measured correctly before advancing to the next stage.

Thanks for accompanying on the trek and I’m leaning on the Ph Dept. to help me with this.

:v:

4 Likes

I’m having the opposite problem… high pH and trying to bring it down has been challenging.

@SilentHippie you should @ all the. Moderators like @Majiktoker @Donaldj @latewood @Hogmaster to get their attention so they can. Help. I had that problem with my first grow and recharge got my ph back right but they can tell you best

1 Like

Before we beat the drum and call all the moderators to a grow, we usually try to get all the info we need so that there isn’t a need to ask and answer a bunch of questions!

Fill out a support ticket please @SilentHippie and lets see what the facts have to say!

please be real specific about the medium in which you are growing in etc

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Nutrient_Chart2

7 Likes

What medium are you using, my opinion depending on medium almost sounds like you have a toxic build up going on

1 Like

@Majiktoker
I’m using MG seed starting mix. The .03 N variety.
I’ve only been misting the soil up until my last watering where I watered to runoff. The plants look good so I’m a little confused. They may be at their normal size for day 11 but being my first grow, I don’t really know.

Here’s my support ticket:

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: 2 x Tutankhamun (sativa dominant), 1 Northern Lights (ILGM) all Feminised Photos.

How many plants: 3

Age from Sprout and Flower: Tuts - 11 days, NL 4 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Soil Miracle Gro Seed Starting Mix (0.03% N) in seed pots.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Misted seedlings 2 to 3 times a day only when soil felt dry until 4 days ago when I watered Tuts to runoff. Still misting NL.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: This morning’s watering. Ph was 5.0, runoff 4.0 (hence my questions in my journal entry above.) Ph’d to 6.5 and watered a bit more, runoff raised to 4.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: No nutrients yet, just distilled water. Did not measure TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 1 300w GIY led, 22" from plant tops.

Temps; Day, Night: 70°-72°/67°-70°

Humidity; Day, Night:58-70% 24 hours a day

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 4" exhaust fan, oscillating tower fan both running 24 hrs a day

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:Basement grow, central air no de-humidifier temps/rh fairly consistent 24 hrs. day

Co2; Yes, No: no

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Majiktoker

Like I said in my earlier post, my plants don’t look like they are suffering. I just want to make sure I have a grasp on my Ph before the problems arise (hence my questions in my earlier journal entry.)

1 Like

If you could check the ingredients on the bag, and list them here for us? That would be great @SilentHippie

@bob31

Sorry not home to physically look at the bag but found an image online.

I went with this seed starter on recommendations from folks on this forum. I was told it was one of the few MG soils that are ok for MJ