I'm planning to build out in a basement

in nature temps and RH fluctuate far more than that yet many have success outdoors

2 Likes

What medium are you in @cjc
Your ok with the temps ams humidity
As Donaldj mention the figures that we work with are Best case figures
Your ph in soil should be 6.3-6.8 which is why i ask

1 Like

I’m in soil.

You want ph range 6.3-6.8 than as i stated my friend

1 Like

:ok_hand: will raise the PH into that range @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Is it normal for the leaves to be open more during the day than at night? I noticed this morning a big leaf looks different during the day than at night. @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Yes it’s normal my leaves droop during lights out but when they come back on the leaves get broader looking for the sun or lights

3 Likes

think of solar panels tracking the sun with a built in regulator which will even reduce size of panel when power is too much leaves do same thing. Though it also is related to how water is drawn up through plants and circulates energy and that during the dark that process slows to a crawl storing energy rather than creating it

4 Likes

Ok. Last night I’m hang’ n with the girls just before lights out and the light clicked off. My signal to wrap it up but a question popped in my head. How can I see if light is coming through the white fabric on the tape-on zipper? Hmmmm. Oh, I remembered the IPCam night vision I have in the veg room can be turned off and I’ll see if there is any light leaks, :sunglasses:!

Thinking black screen :tv: I’m surprised :flushed: and now worried. Is it possible 2 weeks into veg and I’m seeing pistils and balls? Now I need to call on all of your expertise… my surprise was seeing a blue light on. What the @$!#! Then, there was a light go on. It was a red light.

I forgot about a small dot size blue light that stays lit on the Sonoff and the little red light on the humidifier and the freak’n red glow of the ceramic heater, Honeywell Heat Bud. Now I wonder if I created a Herm. Can you tell by looking at this pic of the blue light and the pistil looking hairs? Do you think I stressed her?
@Donaldj @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

How do I share a 9 sec video of what I saw?
The video shows the red light.
In the pic below, are those :banana: balls? Is that a pistil?

1 Like

Cover the light with something like electrical tape.

4 Likes

Here’s a map.
A “bud”, in botany, is any new growth.

2 Likes

This picture in the morning is showing the leaves are praying. It’s a very good sign. As photoexitation continues during the day, it’s common for leaves to display more relaxed.

3 Likes

Dumme posted a great picture helps explain what your seeing
Woohoo
And yeah cover that light with electrical tape or duct tape something lol
Its a good idea when tou first set up a grow space to turn all lights off and stand inside space fir 10-15 min ket your eye adjust to the dark youll see any and all light sorce at that point and can deal with them accordingly
Do a grest job Dj answered your question about the leaves so :+1:

2 Likes

A long overdue update…

Nearing the end of building out my room. Waiting on a Hydro Farm adapter for the 600W flowering room, which I’ll complete this week.

Started Mary 11/3, vegging since 12/9, feeding her general hydroponics floranova grow 7-4-10 and rapidstart. Mixing 3ml of grow and 2.5 ml of rapidstart in a gallon of water. Nutrient mix once a week, fresh water at mid week, and a little bit of LST. Flipping her from 18/6 to 12/12 lighting to start the flowering stage next week.

I need some advice @Aquaponic_Dumme, on topping or FIMming Mary before going into flowering next week. Also, should I prune some of the larger fan leaves and/or lower branches before flowering?

I’m also trying to figure out why I’m getting yellow blotches on some leaves. Does this look like ph issue?

I also cloned for the first time. I cut 9 to make sure I end up with 3, not know what my success rate would be. Now I have 9 rooted clones for 100% success rate. WoooHooo!
:heart_eyes:

I plan on experimenting with a few of them. Figured I’d practice LST techniques. Read about going from rooted clone straight into 12/12 light so I want to try that with at least one of them. Open to any suggestions.

5 Likes

@Covertgrower, dude look at that clone set up. That is cool looking.

2 Likes

That is a little more advanced than mine. The PC fan is a great addition I should consider also. The humidifier is great too! I find as long as you monitor water in the bottom, with a seedling heater mat, it produces 98% humidity. @Flyr

2 Likes

@Covertgrower, I just happen to have a PC fan. Not sure how I would produce a humidifier. Mine is way big. It’s for the whole room, not a little clone farm thingy.

2 Likes

Hi @Flyr, the humidifier is a bottle cap humidifier automatically controlled by a Sonoff WIFI switches that monitors humidity and temperature. The app will kick it on when it gets too low and the fan on the left side kicks on when the humidity goes above 80%, keeping it within limits. So far it works great!

@cjc, Thanks, I learned something again. Those spray thingys can be used as a humidifier. How does it plug into a 120 volt plug though? I just see USB hook ups.

Use a USB power block just like you use for a smartphone. The USB goes into the block and you plug the block into the outlet.

Look at the Sonoff TH10 or TH16 (Temperature Humidity 10amp or 16amp) to use in conjunction with the mist’r and you’ll have the ability to monitor and control from your smartphone via a free app.

2 Likes