If You Want To Get Off Opioids And Use Weed As Your Painkiller

That person was only on the forum one day and didn’t come back on.

I’d be happy to try and answer your question as I am pretty good and figuring out which strains work the best.

1 Like

Are you asking for the best strains to help you get off the opiods? @Sirsmokes

2 Likes

Yes and the best strains for pain relief hAve bone on bone in my neck.

Thank you much I appreciate any help I can get. Here’s why I wanted to grow obviously the price of it today and pain relief but my number one reason is my youngest daughter is epileptic so o guess I need the best strain for anit seizure

Ok let me see about that. Some of that I can give off the top of my head but some of the others I need to look at.

Daytime pain meds would be a sativa like Chocolope or Amnesia Haze ak47 is pretty decent before dinner to help you relax. Evening meds would definitely be blueberry, blue dream, gold leaf. Gorilla glue is pretty decent evening pain med as well!

2 Likes

As far as getting of opiates there is a lot of information of the web about that but no one is being specific about exact strains only that High CBD Strains are better for that.

Have you ever tried liquid vape? Do you ever make wax or hash?

What you may need to consider is purchasing high CBD vape juice online. You can then add a Sativa strain to it for daytime and an indica for night time.

Here is a thread that goes into procedures and everything. We’ve been going with it for a little while but there is a tremendous amount of info there

Epilepsy… How old is your daughter @Sirsmokes

2 Likes

She’s 16 tomorrow actually, she’s not intrested in smoking or getting high but I know if I get a good strain I can extract what I need or let her try very mild edible @bob31 she has to go a year free from seizures before she can get her liscense. Right now she’s on cbd but they are so expensive on top of her epileptic medicine already is hard to swING every month so my set up only adds 50 a month to bills that’s alot easier to swing

Thank you @bob31 for being kind enough to share this info

@Sirsmokes I think you should read this article. Google leafly marijuana-and-epilepsy-seizure-treatment

That should get you to a Jan 2017 article.

I just saw your edit.
CBD is what everyone recommends for Epilepsy. Especially for children. I started smoking pot when I was 14, but that was a different world… I can’t recommend that to you for your daughter. (using THC) Though if the CBD to THC content is two to one or better then the THC effects would be almost nullified.

The trouble with growing MJ strains with high CBD ratings is this. Because of the different prototypes possible if you grew four plants it would be very likely that all four would be a different phenotype. One would be high in CBD and low in THC. One would be High in THC and low in CBD a third could be CBD dominant and the fourth could be THC dominant. That means you would have to send them out for testing before you could use them.

So the good news is there is much that you can do for yourself, but CBD is probably the best recourse for you.

I found a pretty good internet source for CBD. The website is in the standard format

pure CBD vapors (dot) com

See if buying some of the bulk products might not be a little easier on the wallet? I want to say they give a pretty good first time customer discount as well. and if you joining the mailing list or follow them on fb etc.

@Sirsmokes

3 Likes

ILGM has helped me tremendously. I have been here for just over 9 months and I learn something new every day.

I am in daily pain as is my wife. We can tolerate that pain and function much more normally than we did before we came back to MJ and CBD etc. It’s been a game changer! I have picked up a lot of knowledge researching the strains to get all of this figured out. I got a lot of help along the way, so I figure if i can help one person have a better life then it’s all worth it. I figured all the time and effort that I put in to learning all of this it would be a shame to keep it to myself.

best wishes brother. I hope it works out for you and your daughter. Keep me posted! @Sirsmokes

2 Likes

Right on bro like I said many thank yous my good man. I have probaby it but I will Def read it again o have done so much reading and research but that’s about the same info about getting all the different varieties and I’m a dummy when it comes to book and chemicals and stuff like that I have a hard time processing what I read it has been a god seND finding this forum with you great people

1 Like

you’re welcome. Yeah, information overload right now. happy to help you sort it out. Are you anywhere near a free state? It might be worth making a run occasionally to buy high CBD strains that have been through reliable testing and then using that. I’m in MA and MMJ as a backup, but it’s not cheap.Recreation sales should help change that. Quality here is good though, i much prefer my own home grown.

They sell Cannatonic around here that is a Sativa dominant high CBD strain. It actually is a great med and has a pretty awesome flavor.

pick my brain anytime brother, my door is always open, and the light is always on! hahaha @Sirsmokes

Bob, you da man bro! You and @Countryboyjvd1971 and so many others are sooo helpful… That’s why this site is so awesome… Best site out there hands down and because of the great peeps like you and many others just helping out. You don’t see that much today and it’s why this site is the best! Way to go! @bob31

2 Likes

thanks @zombo I blew all my likes today hahaha It’s much easier and rewarding helping folks out that really want help and are interested in the subject. I’ve done some teaching over the years and I know the look of people are there because they have to be. We are here because we want to be!

Not to mention I love growing my own meds and love seeing the great meds all of us are growing basically neighbor helping neighbor. :+1::v::grinning::palm_tree:

3 Likes

No I am not closest free state would be 4 or 5 hr drive. My state is putting it back on the ballot for medicinal but I don’t look for it to get to far already been voted on 2 or 3 times now with no avail. Time will only tell

But that cannatonic is it something I can find beans for somewhere @bob31

ok, take a look at that website and see if those numbers look a little easier on the wallet.

I bought the 250mg 30ml Hemplucid on their website, but they offer a bunch of different ones. it can be used as vape or tincture. The higher the mg the less you need to use.

The 250 say you need 10 drops 2x a day. The 500mg would require 5 drops per dose and the 1000mg would be like 2.5 drops 2x per day (just examples)

250 is 46
500 is 85
1000 is 149

The 1000mg is a substantial savings over the price of four 250mg bottles ( 184 )

Something to consider…

the problem with growing the cannatonic yourself is because of the different prototypes possible if you grew four plants it would be very likely that all four would be a different phenotype. One would be high in CBD and low in THC. One would be High in THC and low in CBD a third could be CBD dominant and the fourth could be THC dominant. That means you would have to send them out for testing before you could use them.

I’m not sure how a grower would sort this out exactly unless they take a sample from all the plants in that batch and test it somehow?

I dunno, but I thought about doing the same thing myself… But I changed my mind when i read about the phenos…

I predict that the seed banks with stabilize the high CBD strains soon and we will see them for sale on ILGM and other places. ILGM has a sister site AMS seeds…

Another interesting article on leafly Cannabis as an Opioid Exit: 5 Real-Life Stories

I understand mabey I will just have to take a trip to mi soon she hasn’t had one sense starting the cbd tinctur

1 Like

So ams is it same seeds by Robert or different company all together. I have found lots of help here and if not for a plethora of bag seed. I would have already ordered. But I’m a pretty loyal person just who I am so I do plan on ordering from ilgm when the time arises but I have a partner that I’m going to help with a cpl harvest and next spring I’m on my own and going to defiantly getting into these autos from ilgm can’t beat this forum and everyone here seems to have all kinds of luck. Plus the support tickets…just don’t find that service anywhere you may be 16 hrs away but you are right here steering me and trying to keep me from making mistakes you have and letting us learn thru all of you fine people I can’t go anywhere else

2 Likes