Ideal tent size for 6 plant scrog

Finally switching to 12/12 today.
Been a long 3 months of veg & can’t wait to see this next phase develop

4 Likes

Some close ups of the Autos.

@Countryboyjvd1971 transplanted the bigger girls into 7 gal pots on Tuesday, They grew 2 inches overnight last night. Thanks for the suggestion, they’re loving the extra room for roots. Switching to 12/12 today…

5 Likes

Nice watch them grow once you switch lol

3 Likes

autos can stay on an 18/6 schedule for the whole grow. They will flower no matter what, of course you can go to 12/12 for preference.

Thanks @Alteredmindset, I have a smaller tent, but it’s filled with plants I’m waiting to plant outside.
This cold spring has cramped my plans. So I have to keep them ion this tent, until warmer weather comes for good.

1 Like

Understood, I have a 4X4X7 tent, and my plants are kind of to big for it. I guess I point this out only for the research purpose, as in, it depends on grow and style of grow. To be honest, I am very curious on how your grow will go and if this has an impact on growth, very interesting.

1 Like

I started 6 autos in the big tent, and moved 2 of them into my other tent, that is on 18/6 light cycle.
I plan to move all 8 plants outside once the weather cooperates.

It will be interesting to compare the growth rates of the auto in different environments.

1 Like

I would encourage it, as experimenting can can bring different results, some good, some bad. In the end it will be the end result that really will determine what is the best method.

1 Like

A few shots from this morning.
Getting some hairy buds developing.

3 Likes

She’s hairy for sure which means big buds lol
Can’t wait to see them fatten up nice job bro

1 Like

Thanks CB!
It’s been a week since switching to 12/12
these shots are of the auto’s that are in the same tent.
The photos are just starting to get hairy pistils.

2 Likes

Your going to be happy for sure brother
I love this part of the grow as well
I’m right with you I switch a little over 2-1/2 weeks ago so we should be harvesting around the same time as well :+1::cowboy_hat_face:CB

3 Likes

AWESOME! you have some trees growing, very nice, if they were photos I would suggest a bit of a trim…just a thought, I do not know if autos would respond well to that, I lost a leaf or two on my auto and that was small enough that it had no impact.

2 Likes

A trim as far as the lower leaves?
I’ve pruned during veg, but haven’t gone too aggressive with it, since this is my first grow.

1 Like

I do not know, I just did some LST on my girl, never pruned for fear of to much shock. Auto’s grow way to fast to really make mistakes.

3 Likes

I hear ya on not wanting to shock the autos.
I did fim 4 out of 6(early on) & saw some good growth as a result.

The photos have been fimmed & topped, with leaves trimmed from the bottom.
It’s all a fun experiment for me. See what works & what doesn’t.

Before February, I didn’t know what any of these terms meant, never mind how & when to do them.
Can;t say it enough: GREAT website & people on here. I;ve learned so much in a short amount of time.

4 Likes

Laughing…I started about the same time you did. The learning never stops, nor should it. Just go with what works for you, not that any advice here is bad, in fact, some pretty good advice that has only helped me grow in a successful manner. You doing well, and I am enjoying watching your grow as much as my own!

3 Likes

By the way check out Kapeladys grow as well, good stuff there, CB is doing some interesting stuff, and Hogmaster is in harvest, he always has some good stuff, also majiktoker is a pro and gave me some awesome advice that really helped with my first grow. Also Matthew420 is pretty dialed in and always has some great ideas as well, I am probably missing a few people, so just look around and ask questions, and really consider the advice people give on here, they are cool and always eager to help, as I am a newbie myself, I will help when I can, although I am still learning and may be off a little on my insights, oh, also Txgrowman, he is pretty awesome as well!

3 Likes

I’ve never grown autos but I don’t think you would shock them by pruning the lower growth the idea behind it is the plant will send all the energy to the upper growth once you remove the small under growth
They waste a lot of energy trying to get into the light
Just my thoughts guys
Maybe @kabongster @ktreez420 @garrigan62 or @Majiktoker can clarify this for you

3 Likes

Thanks for suggesting those members.
I’ve been quietly watching some of their grows & picked up some good advice by taking notes on their successes.
:+1:

3 Likes