I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you all to the newest additions to my family!

Once you do it, you’ll be surprised how easy it is!

2 Likes

Hi @Donaldj!

As im thinking im gona have height issues due to short height of tent would you say it might be worth topping to maybe the second down node, so the one below the newest one?!?
Also the plants im growing are supposed to be huge plants with recommendations not to go past 2 feet in veg unless youre prepared for a very big plant!
As far as i understand it where i top is where the plant will start growing more outwards so this will lose me a bit more height?!?

Heres some info on my seeds…

download

“Bred to be a heavy weight performer, this plant does not disappoint. Ideally needs to be switched to flower before it is 2 feet tall, or else it can be difficult to maintain indoors. Almost impossible to hurt this plant – it can take a huge range of ph / nutrient fluctuations, withstands extremes in heat and moisture, and joyfully devours any CO2 enhancement. This plant mutates and adapts to its environment – one perfectly grown, big plant can produce upto the same yield of twenty plants of normal size. Boxing-glove sized buds are to be expected on perfect large plants grown in Hydroponics, with CO2 enhancement. ”

80% indica / 20% sativa

THC: 20-24%

Yield info. indoor: 7-8 weeks 600-1000 gr/m2

1 Like

Ive been reading up on and watching tons of vids on topping so ive got a good idea on what im doing already but im still nervous at the thought of cutting my plants!

Like you said tho once ive done it ill be surprised at how easy it was!! (Hopefully!)

1 Like

It’s just a “snip” and then you’re done! You’ll be asking yourself why you were so nervous to begin with!

3 Likes

You could top as low as you wish so long as you leave some green on her :wink:

3 Likes

How far is the net from the light? Ideally, you’ll grow plant to net, get the net about 75% or so full, and then flip to flower right? So your veg height will never be more than a couple inches above net, and then you’ll tuck. Once you start flowering your tops will extend above the net, but you kinda want the additional intensity for flowering right?

2 Likes

Right have just measured
The net will be 12" above the soil
The light is as high as it can go at the moment and that is 25" above where the net will be
So i will have plenty of height to play with once im in flowering and the light only needs to be 18" - 20" above unless they grow too much when in flowering?!?
But while im in veg mode with a couple of inches of growth above net my light will only be around 22" above
Im guessing that if my plants start suffering from too much light i can just turn off the bloom switch until its flowering time?!?
And worse case is i need to lower frame
Not too much of a problem as ive got the bottom frame a good 7" off the floor so i can have tubs underneath to catch the water run off
Can always get shorter tubs!

I think you’ll probably be fine. These are not levels in which you’ll generally see light damage.

There’s some room between ideal, required, and where most of are at. I wouldn’t consider where you’re at a point to be stressing about light. If anything, more of an issue with not having enough for flowering stage to create those big solid nugs. But I wouldn’t stress about that either.

1 Like

So basically no need to stress…
Words to live by!

Nice one @dbrn32!

2 Likes

Well hes only gone n done it?!?
Hav jus topped both plants!
Hope theyll forgive me!

4 Likes

now thats out of the way the next thing to worry about is starting to feed them rather than jus water
Further questions coming soon!

6 Likes

See, nothing to it! Keep the questions coming bro

2 Likes

Your plants look nice and stout. They should recover quickly. Like they were saying before your net will regulate your height as long as you weave the plants in the net as they grow. I’ll take branches and lay them sideways in the net and you get nice nugs all the way along the branch. Looks like where it is still has a way to go . I actually hang my net so I can adjust the height.

2 Likes

HI @timmyv324!

I think the photos are deceiving
The plants are already 10" tall and thats after i topped them!
The net will be attached to the bottom of the frame above the plants which is 12" above the soil
So only a couple of inches until its time to get the net set up!

1 Like

Hi @MattyBear!
Yeah… nothing to it! (now ive done it!?!)

1 Like

So today they had their first proper water…
Poured water slowly in all around the pots until i had a good bit of run off
By the looks of what ended up in the tubs below im guessing theres about 10% - 20% run off as suggested?!?
They both had 4 and a half litres so their biggest feed yet by a long way!

Its now been 19 days since they went into soil, gold label special mix

http://www.goldlabel.nl/87/Special-Mix.aspx

Theres enough “food” in the soil to see them through the first 2 - 3 weeks and im guessing that as they were both so small when i put them in the soil that i can maybe add a few days / a week on to this?!?
But that still means that in the next few days it will be time to start adding nutes to their water

The nutes ive got (as suggested / sold by the local hydro shop) is Plant Magic oldtimer organic bloom 3-5-4

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-bloom/13/

Its got 3% nitrogen 5% phosphorous and 4% potassium

So does this look right?
And is it time to start feeding with this and if so how?
Bit confused that its called bloom n im still in veg?!?
I know ive read that its best to start with a smaller than recommended dose of nutes
The recommendations on the bottle are 2 ml - 5 ml per litre
So do i start with 2 ml per litre or even less?!?

Any advice appreciated!
@bob31 @Donaldj @timmyv324 @dbrn32 and anyone else who knows!!!

In looking at your link I noticed they have a grow as well. I would use that while in veg. In veg you want a higher nitrogen count. But wait for the experts to chime in.

2 Likes

10-20% runoff about perfect in my opinion. Not familiar with those nutes, but it seems like a little better npk for flowering from what I know. But those thoughts vary a lot. I still have a lot to learn in this area, but it seems maybe a touch more nitrogen would be a little better in veg. I wouldn’t sweat it though, so you have any calmag? Most base nutes require you add a little. And a lot of them are rather high in nitrogen content. Perhaps something you could use in your favor?

3 Likes

Hi @HJL!

Yeah to be honest thats what i was thinking
Use a veg nute in veg and a bloom nute in bloom!?!

Looks like im going back to the hydro shop!
Unless the experts say differently!?!

2 Likes