I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you all to the newest additions to my family!

Thanks @Tr33!

Well dont they grow up fast!
My babys have moved into a bigger place already!

After only a week they both had roots coming out of their peat pellets

Have put them each into their own 20 litre fabric pot

Light is still 24" above with just the veg lights on
Gona give it another week then put the bloom lights on as well

Then wait until theyre big enough to start topping!

3 Likes

Ive just noticed that 2 of the leaves on one of my plants are twisting / kinked?!?

Its the biggest of the 2
The other one is completely flat /straight

Does this mean anything @bob31 @Donaldj @dbrn32 ?!?

As you can see the leaf on the left is twisting forwards at the end and the leaf on the right has a kink in it also at the end?!?

1 Like

Healthy color and newest set of leafs looks healthy I wouldn’t panic yet

3 Likes

Ok @Donaldj I wont panic… yet!
Many thanks

2 Likes

I agree. If you have temps good and humidity good. Just ride it out. Don’t try to start feeding it anything yet. Just water. At correct ph

1 Like

Well it looks like its a good thing i keep re-reading what ive already read!?!

Re-read @dbrn32 s answer to my question about light height n realised mine is way too close

Hav had it 24" above my plants as i swear this is what he suggested when actually he said 36"!?!
Maybe i shouldnt be smoking whilst trying to learn stuff!

Thinking this may be why one of my plants has the twisted leafs especially as on the other one it now seams as if the leafs are starting to curl upwards along the edges?!?

Hopefully now ive raised my light everything will straighten up / flatten out!

3 Likes

It’s really just to give them a chance to get up off the soil the little. It’s looks like you have a blue dominant light source, which keep them pretty squat. Once you see them get a couple inches off the dirt you can start lowering light back down. Think you’ll be pretty good then. As it’s already been pointed out, nothing really to be worried about.

3 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32! (again!)
Yeah youre spot on about the blue
This is the difference between veg switch and bloom switch on my light

As per your suggestion am only running on veg until nearly ready to switch to flowering
And yeah other than the twisty leafs the plants do look nice and green and healthy so not worrying too much!

2 Likes

Sounds like a solid plan!

Well what a difference a day makes!

Heres todays pics
Cant believe how many new leafs there are compared to yesterday!?!

4 Likes

6 Likes

If you have the right stuff going a plant grows pretty rapidly. It’s lookin good.

1 Like

Thanks @timmyv324!

Yeah like i said i couldnt believe the growth that has happened over nite!
Wonder if it had anything to do with me raising the light or not?!?

1 Like

Well both my plants are getting noticeably bigger by the day!

The largest is now 9 inches by 7 inches and 3 inches tall
The smaller is now 7 inches by 7 inches and 2 inches tall

The light is 34" above the top of the plants

I have been feeding nothing but water which i leave out for 24 - 48 hours to help the water reach room temps

I slowly pour water around each plant 3 times
At the moment i am only giving a small amount of water so i dont drown the roots

I do this because ive gone from peat pellets straight into 20 litre fabric pots which i know isnt recommended because its easy to over water a small plant in a big pot but by giving a small amount of water each time hopefully that wont happen!

Since going into the fabric pots I started giving a small bit of water every day but now i am giving a bit more water but every 2 days

I know that it will soon be time to start watering the conventional way of pouring water into the pot until it starts to run out of the bottom but im not sure how to tell when that will be?

The advice ive had is
“When watering, give just a little water at a time in a small circle around the seedling. Then allow the top inch of your medium to mostly dry before watering again. Once the plant is growing vigorously, start watering as normal (with extra runoff water coming out the bottom every time)”

So with the size my plants are now at would you say that they are now growing vigorously?!?
And now they are getting bigger is it time to start bringing the light closer to them?!?

@bob31 @dbrn32 @Donaldj ?!?

Heres todays pics…

2 Likes

2 Likes

you could indeed lower light some if you wish to keep them from stretching too much it would still take quite awhile for soil to dry so I would hold off on full waters yet

4 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj

I take it i just lower a couple of inches a day?!?
And to what height should i lower it to?!?

Jus to confuse things ive just had a read on the viparspectra site and it says

Vegetative Coverage at 32": 4x4ft
Flowering Coverage at 24": 3x3ft

So going by their recommendations should i keep the light at 32" whilst im vegging?!?

2 Likes

I am an HID guy ordered LEDs to research and improve my skill set with them but poor weather has them late for delivery I would suspect you can get slightly closer than they state but not experienced with Leds more than knowing the basics and math
@dbrn32 may be better suited to help with the question

2 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj
Will wait for dbrn32 to reply!

1 Like