I think it's time..what do you think?

I think it’s getting really close. Anyone else think so?
Should I wait until there’s more amber on the lower buds?

This is the end of week 10 from switch.

These trics are from a top bud…definitely some amber in there. I’ve also read that LEDs hinder the ambering of the trichomes. I have nothing to compare it to so I have no idea. I’d say they are turning just fine…

12 Likes

Woaw! Beautiful beast you have there :heart_eyes:. What strain is that?
Check this!

3 Likes

I think most of the plant is still pretty clear…from a few inches from the top down to the bottom. I know I’m not going to get them all the color I want but I don’t want to cut her too early. I’m debating just taking the tops off and letting it go another week or two, but I plan on using the tent to dry so I don’t think I can really do that…unless I can maybe hang a cardboard box in there with the buds in it. I don’t know lol.

1 Like

In my personal opinion if they were mine I would harvest but I like a more energetic high.
I’ve never used LED lights so I’m not sure on if they will effect the trichomes changing over to amber, I use a 600w MH/HPS and in my last grow the trichomes hardly changes at all (from milky to amber) and my sigarnleafs started to yellow so I was
Forced to harvest. They were budding for like 80 days or so with still no change over.

That is a nice looking plant I like the color itnturned out to be. :+1:

1 Like

Another thing that makes me think it’s done is the bud development on the tops. To me it looks like they’re starting to foxtail.

7 Likes

This is a diesel dipped cookies btw…I love the color👍.
The bottom buds are finally purpling. I’d like it to keep going so all the bottom growth can darken.

2 Likes

From your pics it Looks like it’s ready when you are all depending on your personal preference @Legalinmaine
That’s the i beauty of growing it for yourself you get to decide :+1: Nice job bro

Thanks! I’m definitely going to keep the harvest separate as far as tops and bottoms. It’ll be cool to see the difference and have a choice, as far as couch lock or an energetic buzz.

1 Like

Outta likes
I separate by size and quality as well most of my lower buds will go into making hash and what not but
Yeah play with it and see what you prefer
I’ll take some earlier than others to get day time and.nightvtime smoke it’s nice being able to have a choice :+1: @Legalinmaine

2 Likes

She is really sweet, love to see success!!:v:

2 Likes

Beautiful girl you have there, I just love how no plant grows the same.

1 Like

My last White Widow I harvested twice. You can always do that too…

It’s all up to you & your preferences now. Beautiful I might add

Thanks! It’s still going for now, but I’ll probably harvest tomorrow. The tops of the bottom buds are now turning amber so I think it’s time :smiley:

Now for the dry and cure. I have my jars and bovedas, should be all set. Supposed to be humid out the next week so that sucks, but I do have an AC that’ll most likely be on until they’re dry. How long does it usually take to dry? 1-2 weeks? Then do I have to burp the jars for another 2 or so, then add the bovedas?

What about trimming wet or dry? I see a lot of people trim wet, and I think it would make for a better looking bud, right? Wouldn’t the remaining leafs that were cut sort of shrink into the bud. Wouldn’t trying to trim them that close when dry be harder, and easier to knock of trics?

And how many of you do a 24-36 hour dark period before harvest? What’s the science behind it? As far as I know, in nature that doesn’t happen. I’d love to know exactly why people do it…

1 Like

@Legalinmaine

To my understanding the dark period stresses the plant into pushing out the last part of all its got. Gets the last bit of thc into the buds and ambers up the trichomes a little more.

I changed my mind lol. Still a lot of clear trics down under. I just split the stem and I think I’ll let it go until Friday, then no light Friday night, Saturday, sat night, harvest Sunday morning. That’s the plan anyway for now… there are a lot of amber trics on the tops… think it would hurt the potency to let it go until Sunday?

The camera doesn’t seem to capture it but this has gone past purple… it’s pretty much black now, so weird. Is it normal for diesel cookies…idk? Dark purple on the lower growth.

7 Likes