I Need Some Help, Pretty Please))

Hello! This is my first time growing, and I think I’ve screwed up.
Approximately 3.5 weeks ago, I germinated 20 White Widows in peat pellets. I think I made the mistake of leaving them in those peat pellet though, when I transplanted them. Subsequently, I believe I over watered them. I recently removed the peat moss and now they’re in Happy Frog soil only. I also noticed that the bottom leaves were turning yellow, so I figured they needed nitrogen, so I fertilized them last Thursday with Flower Power’s Grow fertilizer. The leaves seemed to be getting more yellow, but the soil was dry, so I also fertilized them again yesterday. Looking back I think I may have over-fertilized them. I’m thinking now that there may be a pH problem. My pH meter broke, so I’m waiting for my new one to arrive this week. Maybe the light is an issue too. They are currently growing under 108 watt T5 florescent bulbs. I’m hoping to put them under my new 1000 watt HPS lights today though. To sum it all up, I don’t know what the problem(s) is, and I think I’m might make it worse if I continue to futz around aimlessly. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or help you can give me))

First, I would say they are ready to transplant. Secondly if you feel that you over fertilized, flush the plants with distilled water. Do NOT fertilize a plant so small. Your soil has everything the plant needs. Next, buy a cheap moisture meter and use it. You want the soil to go through a complete wet to dry cycle which promotes root growth and prevents root rot. Most importantly of all is water ph. That needs fixing yesterday.

2 Likes

Agree on the PH, critical to know and stop feeding until you know what the PH is. Feeding with the wrong PH is going to cause buildup because the plant can’t consume it (at the wrong PH). Can you get a liquid test kit from a local store to get you by?

1 Like

So, step one. Don’t do anything else to your plants! :sunglasses::+1::v:

Please fill this out!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

1 Like

Most plant deficiencies can be resolved with correct PH. Before spending money on anything else PH balance them and they will love you! Remember PH level is how plants can absorb key nutrients for the stages of life it’s in.