I hope to prove that an old dog can be taught new tricks, with some help from the kind folks at ILGM

Where I’m from we don’t need an excuse for a good old fashion pig roast

5 Likes

About where? That would be cool.:sunglasses::joy:

Never need an excuse. :joy::sunglasses:

3 Likes

He’s the @Hogmaster … that says it all!

3 Likes

I used to go to barbecue competitions and ran a BBQ restaurant in the Home state of the best barbecue of course let’s see where that goes LOL

3 Likes

@hogmaster; @bob31; @oldstealth; @getbackjojo; @rugar89 It has now been almost 3 weeks and after all of my mistakes, I am sort of surprised that 3 of my girls are still standing. I transplanted them into 5 gal pots 3 days ago and so far they look pretty good, although one of them has a leaf that is turning brown at the tip. Anyone have any ideas what caused this??

Did you use a soil with nutes in it?
:sunglasses:

I used FFOF and PH water, that is it!

@bob31; @oldstealth; @getbackjojo;@rugar89; @dbrn32 A while back I mentioned the fact that I felt I was getting the runaround from Kind light Co, and therefore decided to return the Kind light since it quit working properly.
I just ordered and received a 600W G8 LED and will start using the lights on the girls later today.

5 Likes

Very nice! Keep us posted on performance and overall thoughts of it please.

2 Likes

Right now you just want to baby them I would recommend spraying them three or four times a day and just keep them on their normal light schedule I believe they should pull through you just have to baby them back to health and some good soil

4 Likes

@hogmaster; @Rugar89; @bob31; @Sl1; @dbrn32; @0ldstealth;

It has now been 5 days since installing the new G8LED light and 6 days since they were transplanted into Happy Frog potting soil. The girls have improved a great deal since then and I have been spraying them 3 times daily with PH water.
When should I plan to stop spraying them with water and instead, pouring some water onto the pots, which are 5 gallon grow pots?? Thanks to everyone for helping to straighten out me and the girls!!! One of the girls has started to lean a bit towards the light, so I moved her closer to center so she wouldn’t be reaching so much. Any suggestions at this point that might help out???

5 Likes

@Jitters
Are those fabric pots?
Id say your good to go on watering the pot now. If that soil is still dry, as in has only been misted and not soaked as of yet, Id start with like a 1/2 gallon of PHed water and pour slowly around the edges of the pot. You want to make them search for water to start with so they grow deep roots. By next weekend they should be old enough and healthy enough to water to runoff.

5 Likes

The pots are fabric and the soil is dry. Will start watering around pot edges as suggested. Thanks for the advice Rugar89, it was exactly what I needed!!!

3 Likes

You’re good to water just be careful not to overwater don’t put on leaves keep it in the soil

2 Likes

Should this type of watering, around the edges, be done every 3 days? What would you suggest for darkness versus lights on as far as a schedule? I have been on a 14/10 hour schedule for some time now. I would be happy to hear your thoughts on this topic. Thanks again brother.

2 Likes

Your probably good for a another half gallon in another three days.
They will probably be big enough by next weekend to water until run off out the bottom of that fabric pot. Then you can check your run off PH and PPM level.

I’m in three gallon pots and water with 1 gallon to runoff every 5 to 6 days. Your 5 gallon pot will probably take 1 to 1 1/2 gallons to get runoff.

A few have gone to 14/10 on the lights. I’m on a 16/8 light schedule.

1 Like

Nothing more to add except GREAT JOB turning your girls around!

1 Like

Thanks brother, but I couldn’t have done it without the help of so many helpful folks on this site!!

3 Likes

@Jitters @Sl1 is used to being called brother, but she is a sister. The username make it difficult, but I thought I’d let you know! No harm, no foul! as they say.

The grow looks great!

2 Likes