I hope to prove that an old dog can be taught new tricks, with some help from the kind folks at ILGM

When you say PH water, what does that mean?

Water adjusted to the correct ph for my soil. Soil the water pH should be 6.5 and soiless gets 5.8 pH.

The number one growers have is not properly pH water. Applies to soiless or hydro as well as any plants grown in pots.

Plants in the ground don’t seem to be as affected.

I have some Amazon links for what you will need. Examples anyway… @Jitters

2 Likes

Hey brother, I took these photos of two of my plants that both have the second leaves coming in, but both are yellow. What am I doing wrong? I have two other plants that look normal and all of the plants are in the same soil, same water, same height to LED, etc. Any ideas?

2 Likes

@Jitters
Don’t worry about it. Nothing that you did wrong. Those are feeder leaves. One of mine sprouted with only one feeder leave, And the one that it had was more yellow then yours and quickly rotted off. Mine is a runt, but she looks healthy. She will feed from the soil and be fine.

Thanks Rugar, you just made me feel a lot better!! LOL

I have 4 girls growing right now. 2 bba a gl and and gorilla glue. One bba and the gl both have yellow dicotodyns. All in the same soil. Why some and not others? If you ever figure it out, let me know!

@Jitters
Here was mine at a week old.

Looks like a great start!!

That was three weeks ago. Here she is as of this morning.

https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/growingmarijuana/optimized/3X/2/9/292da0e7e6622583ccc832b13d774573792fe0b5_1_666x500.JPG

@Jitters

2 Likes

Looking very good my friend. Your little lady is starting to take off, it appears!!!

1 Like

The girls are too tall. They’ll start bending over. I would ask @bob31 or @garrigan62 about transplanting and burying stem to about two inches. There are guides for seedlings.
What type of lights & did you say 38" away?
Normally at that stage all you need is cfls about 4" away.
Welcome to the forum and Happy Growing!

1 Like

Sorry didn’t scroll all way thru. Looks like you’ve already transplanted.
My bad

1 Like

Hey laurap, no bad at all. Thanks for the offer of help tho!!

It has been a while since I updated photos of my girls. Since the last progress notes, I moved my LED light up to a recommended 36" and also started using General Organics nutes at half strength. There are the beginnings of yellow in the tips of two girls and I was wondering if you could tell me what that might be?
Do the leaves droop due to overwatering?? Suggestions anyone??

src=“//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/growingmarijuana/original/3X/8/a/8a07e4d03fdc6d7b29aba78a83560f33d0b9ad13.JPG” width=“640” height=“480”>

I sent these photos earlier but they didn’t transmit I guess, so here are the photos of my girls.
Suggestions anyone???

@Jitters Looks like a couple of things going on. Stop watering until completely dried out and stop giving nutrients until they reach their 5th or 6th true sets of leaves. I think you should fill out an updated Support Ticket as well.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

4 Likes

Bob, thanks so much for the help. I was following the guide that Gen Organics put out, but I guess I just learned another valuable lesson. I will do as suggested and will also get the Support Ticket updated.
Thanks again!!

3 Likes

they don’t want you to give nutrients to sprouts. Veg stage begins approx the 5th or 6th node

3 Likes

Hey Bob, now that the girls and pots are dried out, should I spray them with mist or just water?? Since overwatering, I am now gun shy, even more concerned about overwatering. Suggestions??

I would use a spray bottle of pH water. Do the leaves and 5-8 shots in the soil 3-4 times a day. Turn off any hot lights so you don’t burn them. Are the under a dome or anything to keep the humidity up? If not cut off a water bottle or something and dome them up for a couple of days. In which case just spray the inside of dome when dry @jitters

4 Likes