I hope to prove that an old dog can be taught new tricks, with some help from the kind folks at ILGM

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: 3 White Widow auto; 2 Gold Leaf Feminized.

Age from Sprout: 3 days

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Used natural organic seed starting soil placed into two peat grow strip containers.

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Water when soil feels dry

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: No runoff yet to check

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:NA

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 750 LED, now 48 inches over plants; set on 15/30/30 as per lite instructions

Temps; Day, Night: 78

Humidity; Day, Night:50%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Using carbon filter and AC above tent, vented into tent.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier; AC yes; no humidifier or dehumidifier

Co2; Yes, No: no

My mistake resulted in 3 little ladies in one small pot and 2 ladies in another. I guess I will have to transplant all of the ladies into much larger pots to try and save them all, unless I need to cull out a plant, which I hate to do.

So here are some photos showing my rookie mistake. Not sure how I lost track of the seeds, but I did and thought I had lost them due to poor eyesight and some pretty good weed. LOL. Anyway, I ended up with 3 ladies in one little pot and 2 ladies in another. Now I am not sure who is who but I guess I will try to figure that out later. For now, what do I do? Transplant right away, try to save all 5 or what???
Suggestions accepted wholeheartedly!!!

Here are some photos of my tent. 4X4X7 ft; Kind K5 XL750 watt LED light;
Covert 6" Carbon filter; Gale force 6" inline fan; Duct work leading into top of tent through my home made cardboard box containing silver duct tape;

I think I have my system up and running, but not exactly sure. Daytime temps in house, without ac running, is usually mid 70’s inside, this time of year. Will turn on AC later and see what it does to temps. Now tent is partially open, LED lights on, and temp now 78 degrees 55% humidity. I plan to transplant all of the girls soon since I believe they will be too crowded in their present hovels. I do not plan to use any nutrients, going with rain water; FFOF and FFHF. I’m sure I have done more things wrong than I have found so far, and suggestions are welcome!!!

@Jitters
I would transplant into separate pots ASAP before any significant root growth takes place so you don’t end up with this:

Got it, thanks Rugar89!! Will try that asap.

Yeah definitely get them translated into different pots want to have them separate

I managed to transplant the girls and now each has her own home. The girls all look fine, although two of the girls just came out today and are a bit tiny yet.

Sorry the pics are not that clear but here they are.

@Jitters
Look and see what the recommended height is for your light for seedlings. They are stretching for more light.

Age 74? Damn, that makes me feel at 62 like a snot nosed brat…which I am! Lots of success with your grow! And you may want to reconsider giving nutes especially as your girls get older. I use rainwater too, which is always on the high side (pH7) and has to be adjusted, but always give nutes too, until 70% of the recommended dosage.

The guide for my light recommends the girls should be 48" below the light for the first 4 or 5 days, then lower light to 30-36". Since they are stretching for light, I lowered the lights to 34" above the girls. Hopefully this will do the trick.
Thanks for the suggestions folks!!!

@DieHigh55 I am not adverse to using nutes, I am just sort of afraid of using them. When do you use them, what do you use and how often, etc? Thanks for the advice brother, I can use it!!

“There is nothing to fear except fear itself”. Most soil growers will say not to give nutes until after a month or so in order to prevent nute burn, sort of like O.D.ing the plant. What and how often are more personal preference, I like the the Dyna Gro series and than to finish the plant, Canna 13-14. I usually give nutes twice and than pHed water each time the top inch of soil feels dry, like every 3 days or so. It all demands on your growing conditions. Than about 2 weeks before harvest, stop all nutes and give just water. And try to avoid giving the full recommending dosage, its almost always too high and dangerous for the plant. I usually stop at 50-70%. I’ve also read of growers who don’t give nutes at all and their harvests come out fine. It’s all a matter of trying different things and seeing what works best for you. Most important advice: most problems can be avoided by maintaining a proper pH level…6.5 for soil and 5.8 for coco and hydro. Hope I didn’t confuse you too much, brother. Good luck!

No sir, not confusing, just a lot to absorb but I welcome the advice, thanks again. Will do some more research before I decide whether or not to use nutes!

wow thank you for this… i am brand new to this. Using white widow from Nirvana I have germinated two seeds and one has, well i guess cotyledons have appeared, however it has grown with a 90 degree bend at the top, not sure why but i turned it today for light to hit different areas i hope, the other seed has not appeared yet through the soil ( both in jiffy peat pellets) I have LED lights (going cheap cause that is what I had at home) on 24 hours right now with 3 led lights (2 with 800 lumens and 1 with 450 lumens; 18 inches above). Im not sure when to transplant the one with growth into another pot i think when 2 leaves appear. I just don’t know why after 9 days the one hasn’t appeared. I germinated both in a paper towel the one growing had root showing when put in soil and other was cracked open with white showing some. Any input and help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/c/beginner/sprout-grow-and-transplant

@newbie34 start a new topic by clicking the + New Topic in the upper right corner of this link and we can help you sort out your problem!

Tag me like @bob31 so I know you did it!

I have probably been overly concerned about watering my girls too much, but I had thought I had watered all of the girls equally, to runoff. I was therefore surprised this morning when I checked the girls and found one face down in the dirt. I pulled her out and watered until a good runoff but she was flat in the dirt. Checked an hour later and she was making progress and hopefully will be ok. She is in the first photo and she now looks better. The next two photos are of the lady who decided to stretch for the light. She has slowed down vertical growth but is now leaning way off to one side of the pot. Is there anything I should do to help her get straight?? The spots on the long lady are water. .

Watering to run off is way to much for them right now. They don’t need much water especially in those peat pots. Just spray with a spray bottle will be plenty for now.

Yeah they don’t really have the roots for that right now. Foliar spray is where they need most! @Jitters

@bob31 how often do you use foliar spray and what type do you use?

I just use pH water. Couple three or four times a day or I dome them up and spray them. I usually do this to at least their first true leaves or so. Once they start really growing I swap them to pH water but only a little at a time.

Here is my little Gigi she’s a newbie today and she has her dome on

If you dome up just spray your girl and a little on the dome and shell be nice and humid. Give her dome fresh air a couple times a day.

The dome comes off in about a week.

@Jitters

I usually use a water bottle, cut off the bottom but the Gatorade was handy!