I guess I need to start a Journal

Hi everyone! On Sep 12 I gave a feeding. I think my schedule is going to work out for me to be around enough to start transitioning to flower. So on that note she got:
In one gal of RO water I put 5ml of gro, 5ml of micro, 5ml of bloom and 5ml of cal-mag.
PPM was 669 before I added around 1/4 to 1/3 tsp of molasses PPM after was 1110.
pH going in was 5.5/5.6. There was no runoff. Girl was thirsty. I’m still on a 16/8 light schedule.

Today Sept 17 she looked much better and greener. Much less brown spots but not cleared completely. Oh well… Progress!!!
@MindlessCorpse @bob31 @Donaldj @Fever

September 19 2017
All I could get (hurricane) was spring water. It’s 278ppm to start with.
After lollypoping and just a bit more LST…
In one gal of spring water I added 4ml of micro, 4ml of grow, 4ml of bloom, 4ml of cal-mag, 2ml silica, 1/2 tsp of epsom salts. PPM is now 1230. I then added 1 drop of raw honey, 1/2 tsp of molasses and pHed to 6.8. (I don’t know what I was thinking). Too late now. :confounded:
Luck may have been with me because pH out was 6.0. After adding the molasses and honey ppm was 3350. If I understand this correctly you take the 3350ppm and subtract the 278ppm to get 3088ppm actual additives.
I added another light with more red in it. A 300W GalaxyHydro.
That’s all for today. We’ll see after a few days.
Oh yeah started 12/12 light cycle.

1 Like

Sunday Oct 1st.
In one gallon of RO water (85ppm) I added:
2ml micro
2ml gro
3ml bloom
5ml cal-mag
2ml silicate
That measured 845ppm
1/4 tsp epsom salt
2 drops raw unfiltered honey
2 drops unsulfured molasses
That measured 879ppm
pHed to 5.8

Not real sure why ppm is so different between last feeding and this one.
Still on 12/12 light and a few small blooms are beginning. :star_struck:

ppm difference is because of spring water vs RO water. I hope

3 Likes

Yep that’s the difference in ppm is the spring water. I used spring water again today. Starting with 278ppm.
To that I added:
2ml micro
2ml grow
5ml bloom
5ml cal-mag
2ml silicate
1100 ppm - 278ppm = 822ppm
1/2 tsp of epsom salts
2 drops raw unfiltered honey
2 drops of unsulphured molasses
1120 ppm - 278ppm = 922ppm
pH-ed to 5.9

Out was 1240ppm - 278ppm = 962ppm
at 6.1pH
I hope someone can tell me possible reasons for different color green leaves on this girl.

I’ll upload a clearer picture.

1 Like

@barry1 I know I told you to try the 5.8 ph but that hasn’t seemed to fix you issues
I’ve been watering my promix at 6.2-6.3 as per nute mfg and that is working for me I’m using 100% organic nutes tho not sure about your line
I’m going to recommend you Try raising the ph a little and see if it helps with the colors
I’m in promix Bx and using nectar for the gods line of nutes ?

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971. I’m using GH 3 part in general purpose promix. Next feeding I’ll try raising pH. I am excited about the blooms and she is really beginning to get thirstier. The stalk on this thing is about the size of my thumb. I don’t have any bloom booster products so I added more GH bloom. I may bump that up another ml next feeding too. Unless someone says -NO!!!
I can get a pic of the side to show pruning. I know this isn’t the best grow anyone has ever seen but I’m generally happy for my first time and cobbling together my grow area.

1 Like

Loooking good brother I’m not sure about the nutes my self having never used that line I don’t want to steer you wrong
I believe @kabongster uses them tho maybe he can advise you or @Willd i believe also uses them @barry1

1 Like

Maybe they have hydro and soil specific lines ??

@Countryboyjvd1971 General Hydroponics does have hydro and soil specific lines. I’m using the Hydro specific. Here’s the link to that.

According to the drain to waste chart It looks like I need to reduce the grow a bit and bump up the micro to 4ml and the bloom to 6ml. I guess I could cough up some money for liquid KoolBloom and FloraKleen. I think the honey and molasses is doing what the FloraNectar would do. I can wait until @kabongster @Willd chime in before ordering. Wow too bad the UPS man isn’t on commission.
I’m so glad it’s finally raining here!

1 Like

Hey @barry1
Don’t know much about Hydro cultivation, but I do use liquid KoolBloom (buiking formula) through the entire flower period and powdered KoolBloom (ripening formula) in the last 2-3 weeks for my outdoor grow in soil.
The difference between using flowering specific nutes and not is like the difference between the high times top strains from 1977 and today.

1 Like

I’d say It’s high-time I get some liquid and dry KoolBloom. I’d rather not go back to the '70s. Not for the smoke we used to get anyway. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m exaggerating quite a bit man, but anything tailored specifically for use during flowering is going to dramatically improve the quality and yield.

Nice pun too! I gotta say we’re still a clever lot despite the alleged cumulative cannabis related brain damage we inflict on ourselves day after day, year after year… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember a very brief time when a kid I was in school with got his hands on Panama Red from time to time. idk if it was because I was only about 15-16 at the time or what but that stuff kicked serious ass compared to anything else we could get as jr high kids. I’d spend every dime on as much as that would buy

I resemble that remark. And this is after brain cancer too!:crazy_face: :mask:

Wow. Full recovery? remission? The fact you can joke about it is testament to your will and graciousness.

Full recovery. I’m coming up on my 3rd birthday soon. (they give you a new birthday after stem cell transplant). My oncologist won’t say “cured” until after 5 years, but she will say if I haven’t gotten it again by now I probably won’t. That was a rough 2 years. They harvested my own stem cells (kinda like a dialysis machine) and froze them until I was ready for them to put them back and kick start me again.
The night I found out about the tumor I was so confused I couldn’t figure how to dial 911.

best wishes on working on that full recovery @barry1 !!

as for the spring water you use, it’s adding near 300 ppm of some type of mineral salt, probably nothing useful, taking up space of nutrient specific ppm if you had been using RO water or rain water, flowering nutrients your girls need, time to feed her more for her size and condition.
there are lots of recommendations by forum members for liquid and dry Kool Bloom, they are a great combo.
I don’t know the benefits of both Cal mag and epsom salts, tho.

Thanks so much on the kind words on my recovery.
IDK but I don’t get much from the nute chart. My eyes aren’t knowledgeable enough to be able to tell the difference in a lot of cases. I have found several others online but… same. I just don’t get it. I will though in time. I just need to do more studying.
My understanding of the Cal-Mag is to replace the natural calcium and magnesium found in most municipal water systems. Epsom salts add extra magnesium to resolve issues if you have purple petioles, understanding that some strains “are just made that way”. This forum is one of the best, friendliest, and packed with people willing to help.
When water shortages from the hurricanes, distilled and RO water was gone and all there was was spring water. I’ll use that on something else.
Looking at my picture above 125/139. To me it looks like a sulphur or manganese deficiency or a phosphorus excess. I honestly can’t tell.

the basic 3 part GH many times has enough Calcium or Magnesium, but some strains require more, so either the Cal Mag supplement or the epsom salts should help, but both is too much.

wait for another to diagnose, it could also be a P or a K deficiency