I guess I need to start a Journal

@Countryboyjvd1971 To answer your question i put in promix July 1. And yes I agree with you I’ve been starving her. I figured this out about a week ago. My only answer is I most likely didn’t add enough perlite and vermiculite to the mix. It takes such a looooonnnnnnggg time to dry out between waterings/feedings in this 4 gal pot and I didn’t want root problems.
I did a little bit of lollypoping this morning. I hope I didn’t pop too many lollies. :worried:

3 Likes

Hi @barry1
I’m just curious about adding the cal- mag , Epson salt and molasses? I always thought people used eather cal-mag or if that wasn’t on hand. You would use Epson salt and molasses.
Is using both better? I’m wondering because I myself used Epson salt and molasses for the last month and have just started using the cal- mag. Will using hoth give my plants more of what they need? Thanks :sunglasses::seedling:

@70sChick Hi. I"m just parroting what I saw on another website. I use the cal mag because I use distilled or reverse osmosis (RO) water not tap water which has calcium and magnesium in there along for the ride. The epsom salt was because I had purple petioles and that gave the cal-mag a little boost on the mag side. My understanding of using the molasses was because the Pro-Mix has mycorrhiza. This is to help the root rhizome and for better flavor.
Other than that, that’s all the big words I know.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I learn more every day :sunglasses:

Potassium deficient is my opinion

@70sChick in my opinion you would be better off with calmag rather than epsom salt. I used epsom salt in my last grow because I didn’t have any calmag and noticed a lot of salt build up due to the epsom salt so I picked up calmag instead and have been much happier because of it.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jmesser80 I’ve switched over to the Cal-Mag. I was using the Epson salt and the Mother Earth heavy brix molasses until I could find Cal-Mag. I ended up having to order from Amazon because I couldn’t find a place local that carried it.

I was curious about the mixture listed in above comment about using both. I’d never heard of anyone using a combination of both in their mixture. thanks for the reply and advise. Happy growin…:sunglasses:

I want to get this girl straightened out before I go into flower. I’d appreciate any constructive analysis.

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Donaldj

Looks like a ph issue causing a lock out
What are the runoff number ph ppm
Soil type also will help @barry1

1 Like

@barry1 You haven’t given a new support ticket since July so let’s start there!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

Nutrient_Chart2

1 Like

Oh gosh. I have been working on other projects out of town so when I get home it’s just to give some water and nutes and grab some clean clothes. Therefore I’m afraid I don’t have most of the answers. What I can remember. In one gal of RO water. Growing in ProMix. I think the input pH was 6.0 I didn’t take the time to measure output. If I remember correctly it was 6ml of grow, 5ml of micro, and 4ml of bloom. The leaves aren’t very green so I added a bit more micro and grow ??? 4-5ml of cal-mag and 4-5ml of silica. 1/2 tsp of molasses. I think the ppm was around 1100. Then blasted off to get back to project out of town. Sorry I can’t be much more help.

Which type of ProMix? They make several different kinds. pH in is a touch high for soil less

@Countryboyjvd1971 does pro mix sell soil mixes too or just soiless?

It’s all soilless @bob31 to my knowledge but I’ve been told 6-6.1 is ok depending on nutrients used
The nectar of the gods line says is needs to be used at 6.1 because it organic based but most other should be around 5.8

1 Like

Light is Viparspectra 300 about 2ft above canopy 16/8 schedule. I feel soil down to first knuckle to determine if needs watering usually about every 10 days or so. Temps and humidity are just whatever the house is. comfortable. White widow photo. GH three part.

I would definitely properly adjust ph of water in ph 5.8-6 should be fine @barry1

That seems like a long time between watering. My gold Leaf needs water about every three days.

I’d also check your ph runoff on the next watering.

What size pot are they in?

Are you following the GH drain to waste feeding schedule?

About how many weeks flowering now?

All soiless check thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Ageeed with the watering as well @bob31 I water mine every couple three days or so and they are small still ?

@barry1
Hi Barry, tag me into this thread if you would. I am very interested in what you have going on there. I am growing the same strain and having similar issues. I can’t be of any help to you, but maybe I could learn a thing or three…
White Widow/fem/photos (x2)
I have had the yellow tips and yellowing leaves and brown/bronze colored spots purple stems/petioles. I “Think” I have been nice and caring to them, decent grow space, waterings and feedings, a bit of bending and trimming…but still can’t quite get the PH right. I can get it pretty close on a watering, but then when I check my next runoff it is way low again. Only difference in our grows is I am in soil and using different nutes, but still the same issues…
Interested in following along,
Mike

Thanks everyone for the input. She’s in a 4 gal container with soldering iron size holes all over the container. I feel I didn’t put enough perlite or vermiculite in with the soilless ProMix so that’s what is taking so long between feeding/watering so there’s not much I can do about that now. Is there? GH drain to waste? I don’t reuse the runoff if that’s what your asking. I’m not in flowering and don’t plan to be until the issues I have are resolved. @Countryboyjvd1971 I’ll feed and water at 5.8 next time.

1 Like