I guess I need to start a Journal

im confused @barry1 your giving your plants veg and bloom nutrients at the same time? doesn’t this contradict the ingredients targeted for specific phase the plant is in? Veg vs Bloom? Im no expert but that imo could be where part of the problem is too much nitrogen or something else in your nutes that is taking your plant to that slight burning zone.

@BudBuddy I think it may be the different brands of nutrients I use. I’ll post a link to the GH “suggested” amounts of nutes. I use the drain to waste simple program as a guideline. I modify amounts depending on how the plant responds.
Since the plant was showing purple petioles meaning a phosphorus deficiency I knew I needed extra P. GH Bloom N-P-K is 0-5-4. So there’s my extra P (I hope). I use distilled water in a soilless medium so that’s why I add Cal-Mag because normal tap water contains calcium and magnesium.
GH Micro N-P-K is 5-0-1 so that’s loaded with Nitrogen, and GH Gro N-P-K is 2-1-6 so there’s more Nitrogen and Potassium. EDIT: The extra K is to possibly (I’m just spitballing here) to clear up the brown spots on some of the leaves. END EDIT. If the plant clears up the purple petioles then I’ll back off the bloom next feeding. Clear as mud. R-R-R-R :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Today’s post is going to be pretty boring. Waiting on plant to react to yesterdays feeding. I guess I should document Journal with a few pics.

2 Likes

They don’t look bad, ive seen way worse. Usually when my plants got yellow leaves I had mixed my nutrient dose too strong so I watered the plant to dilute the nutes and she came back fine. Other problem I had causing leaf issues was my light too close. But your plant looks nowhere near as bad as mine did.

1 Like

Thanks @BudBuddy. So there’s hope.

1 Like

Not much to tell today. Pruned some of the lower leaves and LST’d top stems.

1 Like

Water and food today. In distilled gal of water went 2.5ml of Gro, 2ml of Micro, 1.5ml of Bloom, 1/2 tsp of molasses, pinch of epsom salts.
In: 5.5pH 642ppm
Out: start. 6.4pH 363ppm
middle reading: 6.5pH 293ppm
end of runoff: 6.5pH 289ppm
Sprayed folier with distilled water to (hopefully) remove any splash.

It looks like it doesn’t like the brew I gave it the other day. Looks to me like new leaves have burt tips and some are starting to yellow. I’ll look up these symptoms and we’ll see if others agree with my prognosis.

Could this possibly be a Zinc deficiency?
@Majiktoker @Hogmaster @bob31 @Donaldj

1 Like

Are you getting all the leafs wet too ?

I think that’s just ph water @Hogmaster he mentioned spraying after feeding with ph water
Which could be why you have yellow spots
Under brute light the water will act like glass and burn your plants should only apart early in the morning outdoors and before light on indoors imo

1 Like

@Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971 I sprayed the plant with distilled water before taking picture. I have a new LED light to set up. I’m wondering if I should wait until next feeding or just before next feeding.

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t spray the entire plan and all the leaves just do the soil because with your new lights or even old lights they will burn them up and I would hate to see that happen keep it in the soil you can always get it foller spray

4 Likes

I agree with Hogmaster and countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Ok today I fed and watered my plant.
In one gal of distilled water I added:
3ml gro
3ml micro
1ml bloom
3ml cal-mag
1ml silicia
11/2 tbs epsom salts
1/2 tsp molasses
in: 5.8pH 270ppm
out: 6.3pH 868ppm
6.3pH 805ppm
6.3pH 820ppm

Let’s see how she likes this brew.
And switched from Compact CFLs to 300w viparspectra LEDs

3 Likes

I think she likes the food I gave her 3 days ago. I think I have been a little too light on the nutes. She is turning greener. :grinning:

2 Likes

Todays update. In one gal of distilled water I added 5.5ml of grow, 4ml micro, 2ml bloom, 4ml Cal-Mag, 2ml silica. No need to adjust pH it came to 5.5 and 380ppm in. Misted leaves with distilled water to get as much spillage as I could. I take runoff measurements three times.
1st: 6.0pH 190ppm
2nd: 6.0pH 180ppm
3rd: 6.0pH 180ppm
Now I’m letting the misting evaporate before putting back under LED’s.
I did a little more LSTing. Pictures tomorrow or Sunday.
That’s all folks!!!
Edit: 1/2 tsp molasses. 2tbs epsom salt

1 Like

Do u have a magnifying glass? Kind of looks to me like an aphid

Photo, day after feeding. We’ll see in a few days if she likes this fresh brew.

2 Likes

Here’s todays photo. She seems to be doing alright, I’m a bit concerned on the yellowing on the leaves. Now is the yellowing of the leaves permanent or will they color in if I should ever figure out what the issue is?
@Hogmaster @Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj

2 Likes

It could be permanent but if caught early can green up agian
@barry1
Just saw above post from 4 days ago
ppm are super low @ 150 ppm how old is she ?