I guess I need to start a Journal

Yes purple petioles is likely a phosphorus deficiency

1 Like

Anyone have input on spots on leaf? You may have to look closely.
@fever @Majiktoker @bob31 @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster

@Majiktoker Thanks. If this 4 gal container ever dries out I’ll give it some water with phosphorus and maybe a pinch of epsom salt.

That will have to do with her evaporation pressure if her environment is perfect it can take her a little while to dry up

2 Likes

Could it be splash burns from giving nutrients? @barry1 I can barely see them!

Getting a little worse today, I’ll up another pic.

Some more from different angles.

Check out the leaf on the left cluster.

Good thing I’m spinning the container around for photo op. I noticed this on the lower leaf in the back.

HELP!!!
@bob31 @Hogmaster @Donaldj @Majiktoker

Looks like some splash from when you were watering no need to panic she looks healthy besides that but that is normal try not to think about it too much patience as your best friend but really hard to do

@barry1 I think your doing too much trying to fix one problem and causing another. Im no expert just on my 3rd grow now about to harvest in a week. I don’t add half the stuff your adding and my plants do fine. I use dynagro veg and bloom and when my seedlings get 2 nodes I add a 2 drops of rapid start root enhancer to 1 gallon of water. I have grown in miracle grow soil, Natural solution soil (something like that bought at walmart not sure of exact name) and now I grow in happy frog and I have very little issues as far as nutrients and so forth. I think you may be watering too much if your soil takes long to dry perhaps your soil may be to thick and your roots aren’t getting nice airflow.Serious I have had problems along the way and we overeact and itd something as simple as too much water or too close to the light. Heres a pic of my grow now that I will harvest in a week. See the front left corner that is my LST trial and I broke stems I twisted I have them bent all around. The plant is tough just don’t toss so much at her at once and shell be alright. Just keep an eye on her. That’s all I do. I don’t add molasses or ph my water and yes I only use tap water. I do use cal mag occasional if she looks like she needs it but its not a big part of my tea.BTW there are 3 plants in here and no I don’t know what strain seeds were given to me in a jar.

1 Like

Too real not to be funny.

If you still have that leaf with the burns on it I would trim it off the plant. Just what I would do but like I said I am no expert. Most guys in here that toss molasses and give top notch nutes know what they’re doing and even given advice from them we still manage to screw it up. I have done a lot of trial and error and I learn something new everyday about my plants. One thing is certain I wont spend money on seeds yet cause I don’t feel im good enough to have a solid top notch turn out. I would let your grow medium dry out and maybe see if its too dense if so add some vermalite to the mix and transplant your girl to the new mix. Happy Growing.

1 Like

Good advice. I’m trying to figure out how to add vermiculite to a 4 gal container with out tearing up the root system. I don’t see how that can happen. IDK

Well I need to work on my poor impulse control. It’s been nine days since last watering. I started seeing leaf issues and with my lack of experience I just went ahead and put lots more holes in the container with a soldering iron and then took a shish-kabob stick and loosened up the soil at the same time I added a lot more perlite and vermiculite to keep soil loose. I could feel the roots and tried not to tear them up too much but over the next few days I guess we’ll find out if I shocked her.
:worried:

Maybe death by electrocution. Shock. Get it?

1 Like

Hows she holding up? I think shell be alright. When I use perlite ot vermiculite I usually do 2 cups soil to 1 cup perlite or vermiculite. I don’t use both at once its either perlite or vermiculite. If the grow medium gets too much air youll be watering that girl almost daily. I just use happy frog and don’t add anything to the soil and the nutes I use are to be given with every watering. Good luck though hopefully your girl starts to feel better.

1 Like

Good Morning all who read this. The yard debris from Sunday mornings windstorm is just going to have to wait today. Too hot. My APERA PH20 arrived yesterday and so I’m going to give a drink to my plant.
Important information on pH pens posted on “Lets talk about pH meters”
Let’s see if I can get through this logically. July 13th was last feeding. In one gal of distilled water I put 2ml of cal-mag, 1ml micro, 1ml gro, 1ml bloom and half tsp of molasses. In at 278 ppm and runoff at 7.5 (although at this point who knows what) pH and 194 ppm.
Now this is the part I’m not sure of. When do you take the runoff reading at the beginning, end, or all of the water?
I have some purpling of some petioles so that’s a phosphorus deficiency and some brown spots on a few leaves. Not sure what is causing that. I’m guessing Potassium. So 2ml Cal-Mag, 2ml FloraGro, 2ml FloraMicro, 1.5ml FloraBloom, 1/2 tsp molasses. pH-d at about 6.1?
Does that sound about right to everyone?
When is the Silica blast and Epsom salts needed?

1 Like

If your in soil ph should be 6.8 and if its,fresh soil it should contain a good amount of silica in it, but depending on the product you can use it as a foliar spray and it will help it pretty effectively.

This is that General purpose Pro-Mix not soil.

Oh, than yes that sounds right

When do you take the runoff reading???

Today my plant was dry enough to feed and water. In one gal of distilled water I added 2ml CalMag, 2ml micro, 2ml gro, 1.5ml of bloom, 1/2 tsp of molasses. pH 6.1 427ppm going in.
I took readings three times of runoff. 4 gal container took entire gal of nutes before runoff.
First: out 6.5 pH 237ppm
During: 6.4 pH 164ppm
Last: 6.4 pH 180ppm

@Majiktoker @MacGyverStoner @Hogmaster @bob31 @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @Fever

1 Like

Shes a hungry plant

2 Likes