Hydroponics white widow grow

They look awfully wet. Do you have any kind of lids on them to trap in humidity? Are those net pots completely submerged? I’m telling you, you should get those cubes out of there and put them in domed trays with a little heat underneath. If those cubes are really as wet as they look, I’ll be shocked if they make it. That doesn’t mean they won’t… just that I’ll be shocked.

I have them in 5 inch net pots and no they’re not completely submerged in water, the water just barely touches the bottom of the rockwool if it touches it, and no I don’t have a lid on it but they’re in a tent and they stay pretty warm in there and I spray the tent down, floor and the walls with water to get the humidity in there. What kind of lid do you recommend me putting on them? I have 4 in bubble stone in the bottom of the bucket that maybe splashing water up on the rockwool.

this is plant one I had my wife put a ziplock bag over the top of the pot!
The second picture is plant 2 I got home from and put a glass over them to give them more room to grow 15133802451721042057653|281x500

, I thought I took a picture of the second plant but it didn’t come out

2 Likes

Day 4 plant 2 already showing a root hanging from the bottom of the basket, water temperature 73 degrees, pH between 5.5 and 5.9, ECC between 3.6and 4.6, ppm between 625 and 650.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice I’m putting a top over them. I laid a ziplock bag over the top of the baskets hold in the humidity.

Just cut the bottom off of a 2 liter soda bottle for your domes… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey thanks very much that’s a good idea, I didn’t think of that.

1 Like

!
I put a 2 liter Coke bottle cut in half on the top of them like a dome, does this look okay? 1513469442088924051357|281x500

1 Like

3 Likes

May not cause a problem now but the highest you want your res Temps is 70-71, the amount of oxygen the water can hold will be greatly reduced any higher.

How long should I leave the Dome on the plants before I change out the reservoir and start adding nutrients? It’s been 5 days now should I do it at 7 days or continue to let them grow?

Once the roots reach the water you can take off the dome as long as the tent temp stays in 75 to 80 deg… and nutrients should be about 150 to 250 ppm of equal parts… :wink:
Assuming your using water with a ppm of close to 0 to 10 ppm… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

:+1: PPM is running between 220 and 250, water temperatures running 75 degrees inside the tents around 78 degrees :relaxed: roots are starting to pop out the bottom of the pots.:+1:

1 Like

This is day 8 pH is running 5.5 to 5.8, water in the reservoir is 70 5 degrees, temperature in the tents running around 78 to 80. How can you tell when they reach vegetative stage?

the first picture is plant 2 second picture is plant 1

3 Likes

Usually we call it week 1 when they reach the 5th node so we can top , feed and call her veggin

1 Like

I put a fan on them last night, can they get wind burn?

Yes they sure can, point the fan at a corner and let the wind bounce off onto the girls. At that age only want the leaves to flutter a Lil bit

2 Likes

What do you mean by 5th node?

this is what they look like starting day 9

1 Like