Hydroponics white widow grow

Just to remind you, put the @ in front of a member name to get their attention
@Donaldj
Since you’ve been here helping on this thread

1 Like

@Nug-bug thanks I’m a newbie. :+1:

2 Likes

No problem brother

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1772-CALiMAGic-Quart/dp/B00GZRKI40/ref=sr_1_5?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Armor-Gardening-16-Ounce/dp/B00E5JX7HU/ref=sr_1_3?tag=greenrel-20

plants grown in hydro need additional supplements, elements found in soil but missing in water…Cal mag and silica will help grow stronger healthier girls…the cal mag as needed following bottle directions, and the silica regularly, starting both at the lowest recommended dose.

when you start feeding, use less than the recommended dose, a half or less than they say…do you have a ppm meter? About 400ish for a first feeding, to test them see how they react.

2 Likes

@kabongster thank you for the info.

1 Like

You should be able to add some nutrients but start low dose easier to add more than it is to remove and nutrient burn adds weeks in recovery

1 Like

@Donaldj thanks for the advice​:+1:have a Mary Christmas :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Is day 14 and the roots are looking good. There’s one main root that’s long and then the small roots are starting to pop out the bottom of the basket trying to get to the water. Had a little trouble trying to get the temperature of the water down this morning it was at 80 degrees. I added a couple ice packs that I put in gallon-size Ziploc bags it brought it down to 72, Then I took them out.

4 Likes

Looking good @Swt.2017

I’m really looking forward to the first of the year, 2017 has been a year from hell for me​:smiling_imp:, with this grow it has really been taking my mind off of things​:wink:. wife was diagnosed with having bipolar and agoraphobia. I had someone hit me in the rear twice this year, :hushed: and total two vehicles this year, a truck first of the year, a 2017 car at the ending of the year. I’d be glad when this 2017 gets gone. Really looking forward to 2018 to be a better and prosperous year I wish everyone out there a Happy New Year​:smiley:

3 Likes

Wow , when it rains… well you know.
Hopefully we all have a great 2018.
Happy new year

when your plants get to the point where their full grown, do you still change the reservoir, and if you do how? When you have full grown plants?:hushed:need some ideas before they get to big.

I have drain hoses connected to my units and pump them out then pump in fresh nutrient solution

1 Like

@Donaldj how do you refill it, and how do you know how much water to put in the reservoir the plants are going to be heavy and you’re not able to pick it up to see in the reservoir and see the root system and how much you much water you need to put in there?:neutral_face:

I know how much water they need because every res change I use same amount also plants aren’t that heavy that I can’t lift lid inch or 2 to peak :wink: I also use pump and hose to fill

I added Floraucous plus I added floralicious plus to my reservoir 12 hours ago, and the roots on one of them, it’s got some of the brown stuff caked on it, is that okay and if not how do I clean the roots? Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening again?

1 Like

I’m not a hydro guys but I have read many of the threads. Some nutrient will stain the roots,nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

I wish everyone a happy and safe New Year and the girls are looking great

5 Likes

When is a good time to trim your fan leaves?

There are very different views, some will say going into flower that tactical pruning can increase yeild by focusing all the plants energy to the tops that are getting ample lighting.
And in veg some do it to let light to the bottom, to get more shoots started.
And then you have a lot of peeps say that they the fan leaves are the solar panels of the plant soaking up energy. And to cut them would only hinder growth.
So the choice is yours, but I wouldn’t be pondering that this early

2 Likes