Huge fan leaves

So I have this beautiful female plant. She is aboi t 2 months old. She actually started growing sideaysnso her top is going to the side. That’s not the issue I’m having. The issue I’m having is these huge fan leaves on the top. They are as bigger than my hand and blocking the tops from getting light. Can I trim them, cut them, any ideas on what I can do? I don’t plan on flowering her for any other month or more. Here is a picture of her. The part facing you is the top and as I said it’s facing the side.

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

You can do some select pruning if you wanted to but dont be too agressive
I start with the lower growth myself and remove what isnt reaching the canopy
This opens up the canopy some
I personally try to keep the fans leaves if possible
They will start falling off in veg
They are like the solar panels of teb plant
How high is you light ?
I have fan leaves that would hide your face lol
You olant definitly look bushy
And welcome to the forum @Jrock9435

2 Likes

Light is a 1000w led and right now it’s about 6 inches above it. Should I raise it?

What’s the strain @Jrock9435?
I ask because I just grew two blueberry autos and the fan leaves were just enormous.

2 Likes

Not sure the strain, this seed is a bag seed.

@Countryboyjvd1971 if I do prune how far up on the stem to I cut it off?

Dont cut everything off just selected shoots and leaves thin her out a bit
How close is your light

1 Like

I would raise the light if it’s only 6". You need to stretch more and raising the light may help. I also tuck the large fan leave inside if possible instead of cutting them. As @Countryboyjvd1971 said start at the bottom if you’re going to cut some allowing more energy to head for the top.

5 Likes

I have the light six inches away right now. How far should I let it hang? And when you talk about cutting leaves out, do I cut the whole branch from the stall for halfway?

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971would you raise it to mayne a foot above the plant?

@Jrock9435 hey there welcome, firstly move that light up to about 20" this will let you plant stretch and by doing so make more room for more growth I would suspect that your light is way to close and your Plant is actually trying to get away from it so first rise through light and give it a few days maybe 3 to 5 day’s and you will see the difference and I would also if you can try and just push the fan leaves downword and in towards text stem of your plant and it would be better to do after watering are feeding so that day plant is more flexible and easier to work with start there and I think you will be surprised how fast things will change any questions just ask someone will always come along to help as soon as they have time your definitely in the right place il keep watching ok so just ask I will get back to you ASAP :v: and keep growing.

4 Likes

I agree with @NTMAREMACH
I would raise that light to min of 18 inches but higher might be better so plant streaches for it
A bit
Keeping the light that close causes the plant to stay short since it has no need to try and reach the light
Raise light and give it a week or two sorry i crash early up at 230am every morning @Jrock9435

5 Likes

@Johnzy81 I will do that today for sure. I will move it up quiet a bit. I transplanted her yesterday and the roots were just gorgeous. Let’s see how she does with the light lifted! I will keep you updated on her stretch! Thanks for the input!

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I will definitely give it a try for sure. Shes is 2 months old now. About a month of stretching and I think she’ll be ready to flower!

2 Likes

Sounds good keep us posted @Jrock9435
Happy growing :v:C B :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

How about a support ticket so we see all of your grow?

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

We had a previous Support Ticket posted, but lost it during the “database issuer”

My first grow so is it normal to have such huge fan leaves… this means my girls are happy correct?

1 Like

Looks massive… :metal::+1: :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

New grower whatup!! these are my bottom fan leaves from some 7 week olds, I feel like they shrunk some a couple days ago but I am about to flip this week and just finished training and a lil defoliation so I got some pics​:call_me_hand:t3::crossed_fingers:t2:

Its blue dream on top and pink certz on bottom middle is bagseed

**If anybody has experience with my leaf/leaftip issues…Much love on pointers🔥