How To Grow In AZ With Success

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

"the temp’s are in the 100+ during the summer day’s…

My question is how can i grow here in AZ with success? I am thinking that i should plant seeds in Jan-March period. Your the expert and marijuana is going to be legal i believe in all 50 states, so i’m learning now to have success tomorrow as it were. What are your thoughts about this.Surely you have customers from AZ and as a novice i need your experience about every thing to be successful here.

I believe that potting soil and RO water which i have is the proper soil to have. Our soil here is horrible. I have about 4" of dirt sitting on hard clay where it is impossible for good drainage. I learned this from planting shrubs and other plants.The nursery’s here all have different opinions about this. But i think i found the right combination to use. I dig a hole 2x the width of the plant and throw about 2" of gypsum on top of the clay that with water will break it up. I have had some success with this but i’m not happy with a few plants that simply dried up and then i must have killed them by putting too much water in the pots trying to revive them. I was told to use a little Ironite with a gal of water to help them, but that is still up in the air. I also was told to use MYKOS as a nutrient. What are your thoughts about all this??

Thank you for your assistance and any advise you give me will be appreciated…"

Best advice is to download Roberts Grow bible and read everything you can on here and elsewhere. When you are ready to start your grow add a grow journal and the wonderful people here will help you through from beginning to end.

2 Likes

I’m in the devil’s a$$hole as well… :wink:
It will always be an up hill battle for you no matter what , especially during the summer month’s … right now my outside temps are 120 degrees in the shade…
You already know that the soil is crap…
What size plants do you plan on growing?
Are you within 20 miles of a med dispensary ?
How discreet do you need to be ?
Get back to me and we should be able to get you up and running… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You should holler at @Majiktoker it’s hot where he’s at

digging 2-3 feet down in the clay mix in composted cow manure and bark mulch and some sand to losen up the clay will give room for oxygen to reach roots, when clay dries it tears the roots up. amending the soil is a yearly thing.

I went different in South NV, and yes more than 35 miles out from dispensary.Put in small 6x8x7.5 greenhouse but modified it with screen for basically 1/2 non panel and screen so air gets in well. Auto water in drip feeds and misting below bucket line.

My recommendation, is not use clay ground, my ground is crap also so I did not even mess with it. But I am nubie also so trust the other master growers on here much more. I did the ole fashioned bucket method all with fox farm ocean forest, what I would call 5 gal (6.2 gal actually). As I can’t have really tall ones anyway over 7.5ft, just a little bud to get me by. Next year I will scrog them make it easy. 4 large regular fems, and 5 autos rotating since March. But with the heat I think I got it down pretty good.

This past couple of weeks, has been hot as you in AZ all over 110f-120f every day, Greenhouse runs around 99f at extreme. Plants are doing fine, little hit and I can tell they are hot sometimes but the auto times of watering and misting seem to keep under control well.

Good luck on the grow
@ LVMD

1 Like