How much light needed for starter system?

Will do @latewood

@latewood

Thanks for calling in the help.

@latewood Following-up on your offer to create a grow plan. I would like to get plan set early so I am ready. @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @DonaldjYour recommendations would be appreciated.

I have about a four month time frame. My tent is 3’ x 3’ x 69."

I would prefer to go photoperiod.

Can you suggest plant type, number of plants, and grow method? My initial thought is two plants using SCROG and starting flowering 6 to 7 weeks in, but I could really use your input.

@Medforme I would recommend something like a OG Kush white widow afghan all pretty fast flowering time I would do 2 plants in that size tent with the 2-300s you got no scrog

Is SCROG a good approach? How long would you go before beginning the flowering stage?

1 Like

That really depends on you in the nutrient you decide to use some of them only have a four week veg. But you can veg as long as you want but I know you’re in a little bit of a hurry

1 plant would be your best bet for scrog and the 2-300 watt leds

I have three 300w LEDS. Is that too much for the tent? Cooling would not be an issue.

If you can run 3 then you will be good with 2 plants room height wise you may have to train or scrog like you were talking but with 3 your good room might be tight

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan to start with. In a 3 x 3’ tent, you can’t do much more than 2 plants from seed. I also agree that one of the Kush strains would be great.

Thanks for the feedback. I will go with two plants. I assume with two plants you would not suggest SCROG, but LST. Is that correct?

Also, I have been reading through strain information and AK47 seems to fit the bill - easy to grow, small, flowering period is short, does well in dryer/cooler conditions, and good medical/not a couch-lock high. What do you think?

I like what I read about OG Kush, except ILGM states that OG Kush is " fairly difficult to grow. These plants are a bit sensitive to powdery mildew and susceptible to diseases and bugs. Because of such low resistance, this cannabis strain grows best in highly-optimized growing environments." Scares me a bit.

@latewood @Hogmaster @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971

I like what I read about OG Kush, except ILGM states that OG Kush is " fairly difficult to grow. These plants are a bit sensitive to powdery mildew and susceptible to diseases and bugs. Because of such low resistance, this cannabis strain grows best in highly-optimized growing environments." Scares me a bit.

I have been reading through strain information and AK47 seems to fit the bill - easy to grow, small, flowering period is short, does well in dryer/cooler conditions, and good medical/not a couch-lock high. What do you think?

2 Likes

If you’re growing indoors and helps a lot on the bugs you just have to make sure your temperatures and humidity are correct and you shouldn’t have any problems and you can’t go wrong with anything you decide to go with

1 Like

If you have the time, a 1 or 2 plant Scrog is perfect. You just need to keep her in veg until the screen is almost full.

1 Like

I always say; You will be happiest with the strain you figure out you want. Go for it.