How much can it be sold for when it becomes legal in Texas?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“If you would be so kind as to answer one small question for I would greatly appreciate it. W/o all the ounces, cost of lights and other jargon, I simply would like to know after a marijuana (10’- 12’) plant is full grown. How much can it be sold for when it becomes legal in Texas. My thought is to grow / harvest and sell to a Marijuana Pharma company. How much can I get for a single plant although I will be if able to grow much more as the state allows.”

That would depend on how well you grow and what your yeild turns out to be. If an experienced grower a 10’ plant could yeild quite a bit.
Also if it were to become legal I personally think the market would get flooded so the cost per oz would go down I would think since there would be an abundance.
Really it’s tough to put a number on it in my opinion.

2 Likes

It all comes down to supply and demand, and the quality of your meds.

I understand there is no specific # that can be stated, but an approximate is appreciated! I mean like $100.00 $1,000.00 or $10,000.00 more or less?

It all entirely depends on the weight and quality of the harvest. In Texas (I’m from Texas) the current going rate for 1/8 ounce is anywhere from $40-$60 depending on quality. So your usual math, minus the fact that people expect to get a discount the more they buy, and you’ll be able to get a rough estimate on how much is blackmarket worth is.

Then you would need to do some crazy research and find out what blackmarket prices were in places like Colorado before legalization, and their current prices including all applicable taxes. From there you should be able to work out what you can expect from a potentially legal market in The Lone Star State.

Hope I was able to help and not ramble too much