Homemade tent and light

Check local small appliance stores. Many haul off broken units for customers and may be a thrifty source :blush:

1 Like

@Covertgrower so if I build or purchased a cabinet or something the Rubbermaid containers would go on top or near??

@torixreduer they could be placed strategically anywhere. Just depends on how many suspicious minds you have over.

1 Like

@torixredduer here’s a great example. Not mine, just something I found searching the web. You’re cabinet size requirements may be different. IMG_1240IMG_1239

2 Likes

I have 4 plants right now. How big of a cabinet or area would I need to get a decent amount back? I’m sooo new to this so I have so any questions and always learning

@torixredduer just glad you didn’t make the mistakes I did and plant 20!! Now I have 15. (Some died some were male) for four plants I would suggest 4x4 area minimum, but that also depends on the strain. Do you know the strain? Someone else can chime in anytime I might be incorrect on the space needed… @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

Tubfir tag @Covertgrower 4 plants I would go with 4x4x how ever high you can go
minimum @torixredduer

2 Likes

I am doing two Autos and a Gold Leaf (photo fem) in a 3x3 tent and it’s maxed out. It all depends on the strains really. The Indica’s tend to be bushy and the Sativas tend to be tall. The hybrids can be all of the above.

Sativas will most likely need to be SCROG’d in a tent or they will get to close to the lights
I am a believer in growing less in the space and letting them have room to grow!

2 Likes

Built mine from an old box spring. Took it all apart to build the frame and closed it in with some old plywood. It’s 6’L-4.5’H-3’D. Thinking i need to drop the floor down before i end up running out of space. I can gain another 2’. Then again i plan on making them grow wide not tall. My buddy is turning his old tv cabinet into a grow box. Lucky for him it already has 6 outlets built in.

I abandoned that Ideea :joy:, I will build a small room for my hobby next year :wink::grinning::sunglasses::laughing:

1 Like

Great! If I could still lift plywood etc I’d build one also. But I’m enjoying my outdoor growing. Trick is growling enough to get to next harvest :blush::herb:

2 Likes

Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower I do not know the strain or specifics…i got it from a bag I had and several seeds were collected over time so I’m sure I’ll have a mess after awhile but I’m hoping for a beautiful mess :heart_eyes: lol!

What is SCROG’D??

My only regret is getting mad at my first germination and going overboard the next. First i tried 10 and ended up with only 2 and both died . 2nd run i tried 20 and ended up with 18 growing. Had to give some away cuz i couldn’t make myself throw any out. Had 4 die on me and gave my buddy 6.

@torixredduer

SCreen Of Green

SCROG

You grow one or two or three or whatever plants into a screen at about 24 inches and then after several toppings and fimmings you push the future buds sites and tuck them under the screen till it is sufficiently filled up then flip to flower.

That is one plant that will eventually cover 1.5 feet by three feet of Screen. (actually plastic covered wire fencing.

Here is my grow, Take a look around!

3 Likes

Sooo much info to learn and remember. So we push the plants that are coming up through the wire back under?? If I get to this point I might need more detailed instructions. I’m if I ordered wrong pots or if they sent wrong ones…would 3 gallon fabric pots work just the same?? Instead of 5gallon?

For auto’s strain is good enough 3gal pots but for photo periods strains you need at least 5gal pots :wink:

3 Likes

With tents starting around £30 for a 80x80x160cm, thick material, heavy zips, mylar lines, with sealed zips, so smells are kept inside (mostly) add a extractor and filter for another £30 and the smells are 100% contained.

it’s hardly worth the effort to build your own. Unless your super cramped for space and need to use a wardrobe etc.

1 Like

Put a link whit that extractor and filter :))))
I only find from 70€up

Sorry but you need to delete that link… ILGM don’t allow eBay links. And thanks for the link :laughing:
@TheDuke
I don’t find that because seller block my country :joy::joy::joy: what a wonderful guy :underage::underage::underage:

1 Like