Hogmaster super skunk from i♥️GM 4th week on flower

1 Like

There are those that say that’s not how they grow in nature but to them I say. Why do we pH our water and add nutes also why do we grow hydroponically. Why do we use artificial lighting. The answer is because we want to increase our yields we are all manipulating nature so I say why not experiment and see what these girls can take.

6 Likes

Yes , I love all the responses , that’s what makes this site so interesting , either way I agree that u can actually put your plants through a lot of shit and have them fight back and have them come back stronger every time , that’s really what u want in a plant , that and knock your d#%$ in the dirt smoke when the battle is done…, :smiley:

:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Don’t trip over trimming the leaves, all looks cool to me

3 Likes

@Blountville thanks after reading so many different posts I’m not sure what to think a lot seem to think they’ve been destroyed and if you think they’ll be fine I personally think they should be fine have a great root very strong plant :seedling: thanks for your feedback

Just out of curiosity he how many people use distilled water I know a lot used Tap water and ro water I’ve been using distilled and usually pH between 6.3 to 6.8 seems to be working fine but I haven’t really heard anyone else talk about using distilled water

I use tap water, just adjust pH. It seems silly, to me, to buy bottled water for plants. If you have money to pour down the drain, that’s cool I guess, but my girls do just fine on county wine

3 Likes

That’s why I was asking thanks

1 Like

Looks to me like you are doing fine. @Paranorman probably gave you the best advice you can get, don’t spend too much time on your plants, it only leads to overthinking and trying to do too much, which can be worse than not enough. I know, when I first started reading about growing pot, I tried to do everything I read, and made myself, and my plants sick because of it.

1 Like

The sad thing is I only check my plants once a day make sure they don’t need water but all of the advice and shit that I have read in books and videos and all that you’re right let them do their thing I appreciate you taking the time and your advice @Blountville

2 Likes

they sure seem happy

3 Likes

And the Word was spoken and it is true, Beginners like myself are constantly Bombarded by which techniques are the best to use,problem is not understanding what the plant is doing at the /that time “day 3” week 2, week 4 etc…cant help us if we do not understand what and how the plant is reacting to the conditions we planted in.
I started off with 13 plants lost 8, started 1 more late and ended up with 6, Every one of the plants had its own “personality” I had to contend with, but what I did was to Keep it simple, No chopping ,pruning , Bending, pinching etc…just let em grow and see what they did. ILGM seeds are of top genetic quality, so I wasn’t worried there, what I was worried about was “How Different” each plant grew, and was I doing somethin wrong , well probably yes, But, I tended them accordingly, visited them every other day (WHAT!!!) yup, and let them do their own thing. What I ended up with I am pleasantly surprised with and pretty happy with also, it was a tough “outdoor grow” but I stayed with them best I could and “Learned” weekly from the experience. Cant wait till next years outdoor grow , gonna do A lot differently and Much better.

3 Likes

Hey Hogmaster, I use distilled water, because my tap water gave me and EC reading of 143 without anything else added. Without knowing what’s in your water to start can cause many problems when you start adding Fertilizers or other amendments. I used tap water for years and always got in trouble with my fertilizer. That’s because I didn’t know what the EC was in my water to begin with. I’m sure one of the more seasoned members will be able to explain this better to you. Hope this helps. Mike

2 Likes

Every time I check the pH on my tapwater it’s around 17.3 18.2 that’s why I started using distilled water I don’t even drink my tapwater if I’m not going to drink it I’m not gonna feed it to my plants thanks mike

2 Likes

If you don’t try you will never fail , the plant will recover but never be afraid to push the barriers on learning , truthfully most of the techniques that’s been past along in growing some was done by mistakes and trial and error , it’s how you learn . I can show you a plant I trimmed to just two leaves and it yielded 6 ounces later , but the only thing about pruning is never get cut happy , do a little at a time in stages . Trim , let plant show signs of regrow , after plant show signs of recovering give time and trim again , also giving your plant B vitamins help with stress like B1 red or B1 green are even 2.5 ml of super thrive can also help plants from stressing , but your plant looks normal after trimming , just keep your schedule of watering and feeding and she will recover , but until you know you’ll never know ?

3 Likes

@yoshi you made my day you definitely have a way with words man you made me feel a lot better . Your a rock star thanks again but you’re right it is all trial and error I just hope I start doing more trials and errors but growing Indoor with LEDs is a complete different beast of its own

Right but the biggest error with led you don’t have the heat verses MH/HPS to help dry out the soil quicker from the heat of HPS light , but if you manage your watering and feeding schedule to give your soil time to dry out , led are not bad and the really work well for inside growing on multiple levels .

I’m on a 12-12 now @yoshi my lights say Advised light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
Germination-------------24-30 inches
Vegetable – --------18-24 inches
Flower------12-18 inches
I have them around 15 in from the top still looking good it survive the brutalization I put it through they look very happy now at midnight they shut off at noon they turn back on I think it says 51 days or 59 days to harvest this is day two when do you think I will be seeing a big change I can already tell somewhat of a change but not a whole lot yet but it’s only been two days

1 Like

You can see the stretch in a about two weeks and after week 3 you should start to see pre flowers .

@yoshi Nice it’s a 55-60 day flower time I just started 2 new babies figure the 2 new will be ready buy the time it’s all said and done