Hogmaster super skunk from i♥️GM 4th week on flower

I did some leaf trimming I’m hoping I didn’t do overkill but the ones that I cut or just covering everything please let me know what you all think

before after

2 Likes

looks like you cut off the plants ability to draw energy from light.
this does not look good…you needed those big canopy leaves…will be interesting to see how it turns out.

1 Like

Yeah that figures waited several hours no one responded glad I got more

Shit pardon my verbiage

your loving them to death :sunglasses:
I was told years ago if your spending more then 10 minutes with your plants per day your doing it wrong :thinking:

7 Likes

Strongly agree…! @Iva And maybe it should be limited to 10 minutes on the Internet too

There’s a reason that plants grow the way they do. I think people are reading too much stuff on the internet and not really understanding what they’re reading before they try to copy it

There are also certain people always telling others to clip off their leaves, and I think they’re not only wrong, they’re potentially dangerous to your plants
-good luck hope it recovers

Edit: I wanted to add I understand scrogging, lollipopping etc. is done for a certain purpose but that’s a specific thing, and this wasn’t, and I see this question over and over so I think there’s some misunderstanding around this topic

5 Likes

I only go off my past experience with veggies canna has only been the last year or so for me but its the same thing
Growing canna reminds me of trying to grow tomatoes and chilies in the same pot

@Hogmaster,
Are these autos ?
If they are and I do believe they jare you shouldn’t be trimming your plant.
Autos are a fast plant and could cause damage to your plants

It’s not recommended to expose autos to plant training methods that involve cutting the plant (topping, FIMing, main-lining, etc) as the autoflowering vegetative stage is short and plants often don’t have enough time to recover before they begin flowering.

Because of the quick time schedule, it is important to avoid doing too much damage to auto-flowering plants during their grow because the plants don’t have time to recover from problems.

However, there have been some cases where growers defoliate, top or FIM their plants with great results. These growers had very healthy, fast-growing plants and their plants took well to the training. When is it okay to top an auto?

But for every grower who get good results, there are 5 growers that just end up stunting their grow when they try to top/FIM their auto. So it’s strongly recommended to avoid training autos (beyond lst), especially for your first grow.

B Safe
Will.

4 Likes

Fem not auto I was going to train it but I had no way to because how short they were guess I will see what happens does it help that they’re not auto flower

help? Not really…just does not hurt as bad, lol… since it is a Fem seed you can let it run longer in veg to help it recover… autos do not have time to recover since they jump into flowering so quickly on their own.

1 Like

That was part of the reason I did it to see if it would feel out more there was no way I could train it because they were not tall enough. No light could get to the lower or middle of the plant :seedling: all trial and error

1 Like

You’ll be fine, watch. Just wait about a week for them to heal, and then you’ll see them take off!

I used to defoliate every plant I grew. They all grew great for me, even after the pruning. I wouldn’t be worried about it here, you still have tons of other leaves that will take care of the energy.

But those guys are right, taking the fan leaves is like removing your houses solar panels. It will be ok though! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

4 Likes

I really appreciate your support because you’re the only one who is supporting me on this

1 Like

Seems it may make for a longer grow but should rebound. I try not mess too much beyond lst although I did a little topping on one of the twins. Just a pinch off top. I say wwjd- what would jheezy do? Then I don’t do it lol.

3 Likes

I might be wrong but I just checked them and they look healthier now than they did before I did what I did I’ll post a few pictures

1 Like

I get your brother but I cannot get them to grow any taller at all for the last three weeks it’s like they were at a stall no matter how high I would raisemy light up they were stuck they may have grown 3 inches and two weeks height wise they were growing out covering everywhere that the flowers were gonna be on one of them I am covered over 20 flowers I know I took off some Aleve so I shouldn’t have but there still a ton of great leaves still there give me a few minutes and I will post a few pictures

1 Like

And everybody has to realize that there are only four weeks old so I can let them go for at least another 2 to 4 weeks if I need to I’m in no hurry I’m just trying to get the most out of them that I can and I don’t believe the way they were that would’ve happened but on the first Time and/or person all this LED shit is completely new to me but I’m tired of looking whenever it’s 30° outside or 10° outside or 0° outside this will be a lesson learned if I end up losing them but the way they luck today I have Highhope’s

4 Likes

…she’s coming back and she’s going to Bush out and be like a hedge ! LOL I cut leaves too here & there but I’m not a big fan of it, I think the plant grows from inside out, if that makes sense, and that slowing it down is always counterproductive

1 Like

Your doing fine it’s all about experimenting I did the same to one of my plants and she’s good @Hogmaster

2 Likes