Help Wanted, experience necessary

Hello All, I’m new and glad I found this place.
I’ll cut to the chase…
I’m was shot 3 times in the back 7 years ago and as a result my spinal cord has serious damage to this day. Besides paralysis in my leg, I suffer from chronic pain every minute of the day. I have a intrathecal pump implant that puts morphine/actually Dilaudid directly in my spinal cord 24 hours a day.
I live in Texas where flower laws are still strict. I’m desperate to see if I can get any relief or better sleep with the flower. I’m 50 and all my hook ups for flowers have faded away in the last 35 years. I contacted local flower power groups to see if there’s a way to try flower and see if relief is there before I move out of state and find a place next door to a dispensary. I had to retire after gun shots and I have full custody of my son that I home school. These circumstances would make it easy to move to a place that I can have a better quality of life.
First I need to see if there’s relief.
So, after months of contemplation I decided to work through the strains and grow until I find the right combination. I prefer a short plant with forced bloom in order to find the right combination. If this helps even a little ill be grateful!
I set up hydro with the ability to grow 4 plants indoors for now. I’ll add on if needed?
Could you guys please give me advise on next strain to choose?
I really just need the 1 plant to try medicinal benefit. This will eventually lead to a lot of surplus flowers and seeds. Minimum order is 5 seeds. I’m not in a position to go to jail for selling surplus. All I can do is find a way to store it for my golden years.
I’ve got flowering skunk on its way. Which takes me back.
I’m hoping to get advise on next strain.
I haven’t smoked flowers in over 20 years.

11 Likes

For the pain maybe try some edibles and smoking would help relax those areas I think. A few good strains for pain relief for me is Gorrilla glue, blueberry, thc bomb, strawberry diesel to name a few that have helped me along the way. I hope this helps brother

5 Likes

@High_Times, Howdy amigo. I too live in Texas. I’m sure these folks can give you the advice you will need to help alleviate your pain or at least control it. I’m a little familiar with your intrathecal pump, I’m a Paramedic. There’s a sleeve at the base of your spine where the catheter is anchored with a tad bit of slack. This persons cath was too short and pulled it from the anchor point. You got your hands full with your kido at the house. Hell, raising kids is tough enough without having to deal with constant back pain. How does one go about acquiring a medical MJ card in Colorado? Do you have to have an address of residence there? It would be great if you could sample their goodies and various strains one weekend. You will learn these great folks can give you a leg up on the various strains too. Welcome and good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks Flyr, I’m assuming a doctor would have to diagnose you with qualified issue? Which understatement for me. The only way I could narrow strain down would be to get with someone with card to shop a dispensary.
On oral meds like oxy and morphine I would get terrible nausea. I tried marinol and it helped. In fact I put CQB oil under my tongue for nausea. If the THC can take the edge off at night and help with break through pain? It would improve my quality of life. It really sucks I’ve gotta break some laws to know!
To change the subject, roughly 35 years ago a friend shared a pin joint with me of Mauwii wowii (spelled wrong) with me. 2 puffs was all I took of the sweetest tasting, best smelling, cleanest high, I’ve ever experienced! Could it still be the same 35 years later? Does anyone have growth experience? I’m new growing at the level I’m doing now.

2 Likes

@High_Times. Yeah, Oxy and Morphine makes a lot of folks sick. It’s the sudden pow it can give ya that nauseates a lot of people. When you took Marinol did you have any weird side affects? I bet Maui Wowi is still out there.

Thanks Diesel, I’ll look your suggestion up. At 10-12 weeks a harvest, your input helps a lot…

Here is a list of meds. I found this list on another thread.

Afghanica) Nausea, pain
(Afghani x Haze) PMS
(AK-47) Pain, nausea, depression, insomnia, headache
(Alien Train Wreck) Asthma
(Apollo 13) Back pain
(Auntie Em) Crohn’s Disease, MS
(Aurora B) Nausea, joint pain, arthritis
(Berry-Bolt) Insomnia, joint pain
(Big Bang) Used to sedate and relieve stress & anxiety amongst sufferers of severe anxiety, etc.
(Big Kahuna) Herniated disc pain, arthritis
(Black on Blue Widow) HIV, back pain
(Black Vietnamese) Nausea, muscle spasms, pain
(Blue Fruit) Crohn’s Disease, muscle spasms
(Blue Moonshine) Anxiety, depression, insomnia
(Blue Satellite x Jack Herrer) Depression, nausea
(Blue Satellite) Pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, muscle tension
(Blueberry) Nausea, insomnia, pain
(Bog Sour Bubble) Pain, anxiety
(Bonzo Bud) Body pain, migraine
(Budacolumbia) Nausea
(Burmaberry) Migraine, depression
(Burmese kush) Anxiety, depression
(C99 x Great White Shark) Anxiety
(Cali-O) Nausea
(Catalyst) PMS
(Cinderella 99) Nausea
(CIT) Pain, nausea, insomnia
(Citral) Insomnia
(Cripple Creek) Ankylosing Spondilitis, Hepatitis C, Degenerative Disc Disease, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, Chronic Rotator Cuff Disease
(Deep Chunk) Joint pain, insomnia
(Dynamite) Asthma, Crohn’s Disease, Hepatitis C
(NYC Sour Diesel) Edema, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, radiculopathy
(El Nino) Nausea, insomnia
(Fieldale Haze) Anxiety, back pain
(Fig Widow) Back pain, psychosis
(Firecracker) Anxiety, depression, nausea
(G13 x HP) Nausea, joint pain, insomnia
(G-13) Depression, pain, ADD, ADHD
(Grapefruit) Arthritis, Hepatitis C, pain, nausea
(Green Queen) Epilepsy, neck/spine pain
(Green Spirit x Timewarp x Herijuana) RLS, insomnia, migraine, joint pain
(Green Spirit) Nausea, headache, body pain
(Herijuana x Trainwreck) Diabetic neuropathy, joint pain, insomnia, MS
(Herijuana) Pain, nausea, insomnia
(Ice Princess x Bubblegum) Migraine
(Jack Herrer) Anxiety, fibromyalgia
(Juicy Fruit) Insomnia, joint pain, anxiety
(Kali Mist) Nausea, depression
(Kal-X) Body pain
(Killer Queen) Depression, back pain
(Krinkle x Kush x Freezeland) MS muscle spasms
(Leda Uno) Insomnia
(Legends Ultimate Indica x Herijuana) Muscle spasms, pain
(Legends Ultimate Indica) Insomnia, IBS
(Lemon Chemo) Insomnia, back pain, migraine
(Lemon Haze) RLS, chronic fatigue
(Lifesaver) Nausea, headache, pain, insomnia
(Lollipop) Cachexia, degenerative bone/disc disease, edema, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, migraine, MS, nausea, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
(Lowryder) Nausea, pain, headache
(LSD) Nausea, anxiety, depression, headache
(M-39) Depression
(Magic Crystal) Migraine, PMS, depression, SADS, mania, nausea
(Mango x Northern Lights # 5) Pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety
(Mango) Back pain, nausea
(Masterkush) Nausea
(Medicine Woman) Diabetic neuropathy, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, Hepatitis C, muscle spasms, nausea, radiculopathy
(Misty) Hepatitis C, back pain, insomnia, nausea
(Motarebel Oguana Kush) Nerve Pain, muscle spasms, back pain, headache and insomnia.
(Mountainberry) Insomnia, migraine, pain
(Northern Lights # 1) Arthritis
(Northern Lights # 2) Nausea, insomnia
(Northern Lights x Jamaican) Arthritis
(Northern Lights x Cinderella 99) Depression
(Northern Lights x Shiva) Body pain, back pain, toothache
(Northern Lights) Anxiety, radiculopathy, insomnia
(Northernberry) Pain
(Oregon 90) Insomnia, joint pain, RLS, pain, nausea
(Original Mystic) Epilepsy
(OG kush purple)
(Phaght Betty) Cachexia, degenerative bone/disc disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
(Queen Bee) Neck/spine pain
(Sensi Star) Migraine
(Shiskaberry x Dutch Treat) Migraine, anxiety, insomnia, nausea
(Shiskaberry x Hash Plant) Anxiety, nausea
(Skunk # 1) Nausea
(Snow White) PMS
(Sour cream) Insomnia, joint pain, nausea
(Stardust 13) Pain, nausea, insomnia
(Strawberry Cough) Back pain, depression
(Super Impact x AK-47) Pain, insomnia
(Super Impact) Nausea, insomnia, muscle pain, depression, anxiety, SADS, mania
(Super Silver Haze) Nausea, depression
(Super Thai) Depression
(Sweet Blu) Degenerative bone/disc disease, diabetic neuropathy, edema, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, nausea, neck/spine pain
(Sweet Tooth # 3) Depression
(Trainwreck x Herijuana) Nausea
(Trainwreck) Anxiety, arthritis, diabetic neuropathy, depression
(TW x LUI) Arthritis, nausea
(TX) Arthritis, asthma, general pain, general seizures, glaucoma, MS
(Ultra Green) Insomnia
(Wakeford) Anxiety, nausea, insomnia
(White Rhino) Body pain, back pain, joint pain, insomnia
(White Russian) Pain, nausea
(White Widow x Big Bud) Depression
(White Widow) Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

11 Likes

I’m assuming you’re thinking about starting with auto flower and it’s attractive but suggest you go with photo period plants.

I’ve been using Gold Leaf and White Widow gives me relief. Part of that is dependent on the point of harvest.

3 Likes

@High_Times welcome fellow Texan. I’m in the same boat you are. I have constant agonizing pain in my lower spine. I hate it that you have to have opiates pumped into you. My work made me go to pain management doctors (pill pushing quacks). They had me hopelessly addicted to opiates. I was taking 40mg every 4 hours. I knew it would kill me sooner or later. Last year I decided that I don’t care if the idiot NEO-CONs (pot haters) running things want to arrest me or not, I’m going to find a better way to treat my pain. I have so far grown 8 different stains of regular feminized plants and auto flowers. I would say the strains you would probably like are Amnesia Haze or Northern Lights.

2 Likes

Lay time I grew was 30 years ago. Then I grew outside and added fish emulsion. Do I just need to adjust lighting schedule for regular Fem? The reason I was going for auto bloom was speed and ease. I’m not sure how many strains before I find relief?

Thanks skgrower. I decided to plant after contacting several legalize pot groups and organizations here in Texas explaining my situation. All that got me was donation requests and emails advertising CBD! If I can find enough relief to dial back the pain meds? Then I’ll have the disision of taking a chance growing in Texas, or move to legalized state. I have full custody of my son, which makes standing my ground in Texas a risk for him and I.

I’m always late to the party. For pain, I mainly look for strains high in b-myrcene, b-caryophelene, and CBG, at the dispensary. Hard to know what Terpene profile you’ll end up with growing your own. All that said, I like Blueberry, Kosher Kush, and most strains in the OG Kush lineage. You can also search by symptom on a lot of the strain database sites like leafly, allbud, etc. Hope this helps! Keep up the awesome. Being a dad is my favorite job.

1 Like

It’s pretty common to see new growers gravitate to the auto flower but they are surprisingly finicky. You can do everything with a photo period including faster turnaround if you desire.

1 Like

Take a vacation to a recreational state and try some out. Try edibles they r good for muscle relaxers. A good edible will make you sleep like a baby. I honestly think it’s gonna b trial and error everyone is gonna different

4 Likes

@High_Times

First I would like to welcome you to ILGM.

I’m SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO YOU MY FRIEND AND i HAVE SOME INFO. THAT MAY VERY WELL HELP YOU IN YOUR QUEST. sorry ABOUT THE CAPS…LOL
HERE IS WHAT I HAVE.

Strains For Wounds, Muscle, and Back

Cramps, spasms, pulled tendons, and slipped disks in your back are types of musculoskeletal injuries. Marijuana eases muscle, joint, and injury-related pain. There are many strains that can help ease the inflammatory pain associated with musculoskeletal issues.

We also encourage you to give cannabis topicals a try. A topical is an infused cream, lotion, or salve that you apply directly to the skin. The activated compounds in this marijuana cream will relieve pain, inflammation, and muscle tightness in a localized area.

Afghan Kush

If you’re looking for a powerful general pain reliever, Afghan Kush just might be the strain for you. Nearly 100% indica, this strain is native to the Kush Mountain Region in the Middle East. Featuring a strong, pungent aroma, even the vapor of this flower will keep you locked on the couch.

Because this strain is a potent indica, the effects will be felt mostly in the body. In fact, this is what makes it so great for those seeking pain-relief. Not only is this little lady loaded with pain-fighting THC, but it’s also
chock full
of analgesic and anti-inflammatory terpenes. Particularly terpenes Humulene and Caryophyllene.

Their names may be hard to pronounce, but these potent flavors are the culprits behind the pungent and spicy hop aroma of Afghan Kush.

Caryophyllene has also shown anti-cancer effects. This may make strains like Afghan Kush a good choice for patients hoping to manage cancer pain. Other strains high in caryophyllene include Hash Plant, Maui Waui, and Super Sour Diesel.

White Widow

A true White Widow is a 50/50 cross between a pure sativa and a pure indica. The result is an extremely well-balanced and potent hybrid. Inheriting the best from both sides, this strain creates an uplifting and euphoric buzz while still easing away pain.

Unlike Afghan Kush we’ve featured so far, White Widow’s powerful unique high comes from several calming aroma molecules. Specifically, Linalool. Linalool is the terpene that gives lavender it’s famous therapeutic scent. It also happens to be a powerful
pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.

But, we won’t just let the science speak for itself. Here’s what people had to say about it on Leafly, the World’s Largest Strain Finder:

“This is definitely as the other reviews have said. A very gentle but euphoric high. I am really looking for pain relief and it does work pretty well for me on that score. It is very relaxing. I find it a bit hard to think logically when using it so I would likely keep this for special times where I want to be awake and happy but nothing important needs to happen. It does give me terrible dry mouth”

“Incredible. If you want to get high, fight pain, or take a nap it’s the perfect strain. Definitely a perfect hybrid mix. Dense nugs. One I’m keeping in my medical rotation.”

“Definite Class A strain. Bright green, orange bristles are distinct. Euphoria and Energy are the main affects I experienced. I have a migraine disorder and this weed is perfect for relieving pain and getting your spirits up.”

Additional Strains for Wounds Muscle and Back Pain:

Juicy Fruit
Platinum OG
Green Crack
Blue Dream

Additional Strains That May Help
Jack Herer

Named for the famous activist and author, Jack Herer is a sativa-dominant hybrid truly deserving of the title. A favorite seemingly all around the world, this happy flower has uplifting and energizing effects. While indicas are typically the weed species of choice for chronic pain, this strain has a few pain-fighting tricks up its sleeve.

A well-grown Jack H. is full of natural painkillers. THC is just one of the analgesics in this strain. The others? You guessed it. Terpenoid nutrients.

One of the primary terpenes in Jack Herer is Pinine. Pinine is responsible for this strain’s woody, Pine-Sol taste. In
recent studies
, pinene has been proven to have antitumor effects. In fact, a
2013 study
showed that pinine was effective in preventing cancer cell proliferation in the brain.

When grown hydroponically, this strain has shown soaring levels of other neuroprotective terpenes as well. These flavor compounds help reduce stress and tissue inflammation. When you smoke or eat some Jack Herer, you’re consuming these medicinal terpenes along with it. These powerful nutrients help keep your brain healthy and ease pain.

Neuropathic Pain:

The strains listed above are only a few of the marijuana types that may relieve nerve pain. Make sure to take a look at these as well:

Blueberry
Obama Kush
Sour Grape
Lemon Thai
One-to-One
Sour Haze

Strains That Will Help You Sleep

Whether it’s from a bad headache or a muscle cramp, sleeping through the night can be nearly impossible when you’re in pain. Here are a few heavy indicas that are sure to knock you out:

Granddaddy Purple
Hindu Kush
LA Confidential
Critical Mass
Bubba Kush

also CHECK OUT OUR SEEDBANK HERE AT ILGM

9 Likes

@High_Times

Let’s take a look at the top 3 strains of weed for pain.

1. ACDC

If doctors have to choose one strain that is the most effective at helping a patient with pain, it is definitely ACDC. This strain has high amounts of both THC and CBD. A hybrid, this strain will provide the user with:
:black_medium_small_square:Relaxation
:black_medium_small_square:Intense focus
:black_medium_small_square:Slight energy increase
:black_medium_small_square:Slight your euphoric feeling
:black_medium_small_square:Happiness

You won’t become a couch potato after taking this strain, but you also won’t have the immense uplifting effect of a sativa-dominant strain either.

1. Blackberry Kush

Anyone that is having severe pain should seek a strain of marijuana that is high in THC. Sometimes, you want to take your mind off of the pain and simply numb the body. This is exactly what Blackberry Kush provides to you.

You’ll feel:
:black_medium_small_square:Lazy and relaxed
:black_medium_small_square:A euphoric high
:black_medium_small_square:Sleepy
:black_medium_small_square:Happy
:black_medium_small_square:Creative

You definitely don’t want to take Blackberry Kush if you have to go to work or school, but you do want to take it if you have severe pain.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin is the ideal strain of marijuana if you have an injury or disease that causes inflammation. A good example of this is arthritis. What makes this strain so special is that as a high CBD content.

You’ll notice an immediate euphoric a feeling, while also being focused and uplifted.

Euphoria will come over you, and you’ll have a clear mind that allows you to stay focused. I would recommend this strain of marijuana for anyone who has school, work or needs to stay focused for any reason.

16 Likes

Lots of great info

@garrigan62 thanks brother. A mound of info. !!!

@timmyv324

Your very welcome…anytime just ask

Will

Thanks! Great info. Where can I find the
AC/DC strain?
Very welcome information @garrigan62