Help setting up grow room

The bottled water I have been using this whole Grow is at a 5.95 ph. The fox farm soil is at 6.8 ph. Do you think my plants will be ok?. I have 1 WW that is not showing any of these problems at all. Like I said this is the first time I used nutes throughout the whole grow. I am concerned about doing anything crazy at this point because my plants over all look healthy except for a few leaves on my plants. I’m so confused lol. The first picture is of my WW. I believe it’s the third picture of my AK.
Thank you.

soil is the most forgiving to grow in…every plant reacts differently…it is the accumulated residue from what was in the soil as well as what you added…soil pH is best at 6.2 to 6.8…the fox farm starts at 6.8 but soil and root chemistry and what you add cause it to change over time

do you measure ppm/tds/ec? that is useful for the run off number as well as pH.

at this point, it would be the final quality of the bud that could be affected.
good growing conditions are everything for getting a good harvest

1 Like

the hairs are dying back, but what the hairs go into could swell some more, each set of hairs comes from a seed pod and they should be growing so you can see each pod individually.

I am not sure but think you might have a week or more to go on those…the buds need to swell up, fill out more…but a magnifying glass or something to look at trichomes is the best way to judge.

for your first grow, you are doing great, there really is a lot to learn…you aren’t growing house plants anymore.

you will learn more from the next grow and every grow after.
reading is good, experiencing is the best.

Trichomes are clear. I look at them everyday. Thanks for all of your help. I learned a lot from this first grow. I should have nuted from the begining and added some kind of pebbles or stones at the bottom of my pots. This way I could have monitored run off more closely and drainage would have been better. Thanks once against n for all of your help.

So over all my plants look good?.

next time, try for a more even canopy with topping, fimming, super cropping or low stress training so more buds get the light evenly, the light intensity has a lot to do with how airy or tight the bud is.

a Christmas tree shape for an indoor grow isn’t the most desirable, the lower buds won’t develop as well.

I dunno…I’d want the pH higher for the run off.

run some water pH’ed to 7 through the soil and test the run off next watering

you may have 3-4 weeks if the trichomes are clear but with nutrient problems those may not be fun weeks.
test the water to determine…

I have not read this whole post, I am sure there are facts I am missing

Would distilled water work or if my tap water is close to 7?. As long as it has a 7 ph?. So no more nutes at this point,.

Would distilled water work or if my tap water is close to 7?. As long as it has a 7 ph?. So no more nutes at this point,.

if it is city tap, let it sit out to get rid of any chlorine…and do house plants and gardens grow well with your tap water?
some city water is high in minerals.

after you test the run off for pH can you test for TDS/ppm?

if I were growing for weeks, after I tested the run off/soil, I would go on to flush or not and with weeks to go, I would give more nutrients after the soil dried out.

That’s all I use on my house plants. I’ll have to check the ph of my tap water. Do you water until you see run off ?. I will take your advise and water next time with a lower ph water. Close to 7.0 ph the i will add nutes again… thanks again

I water to run off, and even with that I am planning a flush before going into flowering, my plants will have been in the mix for 2+ months vegetating.

I use about a quart of water on the plants and let that soak in, then a few minutes later, put some more water in, slowly till it has a run off.
it can take 20 -30 minutes to water one plant
I feel that lets the water get absorbed more evenly rather than just pouring 1 1/2 gallons on each of my girls all at once.

How long between watering?. So if I get the ph under control my plants should do better?

my 5 gallon pots go 4 days between waterings.
when I pick up the plant, I can feel how heavy it is and know it needs water…the soil is dry but the plant has not wilted.

Right now mine are pretty soaked. So go with a lower PH water?. Do think that will turn things around until harvest?.

get a better idea of where the pH is first.
and about that ppm meter…if you have one, test the run off for that, too.
that number would show IF the soil has accumulated salts.

wait till they dry
if they are root bound, they’ll dry fast, in a few days…then run pH 7 water through…test the run off

If my tap water is in that range, just fill a container/jug and keep lid off to dissipate chlorine?. For 24 hours. I could probably used filtered tap water from my refrigerator at room temp. I will check my runoff today and see where my ph is, over 6 is ideal correct?.