Help! I planted them on 7/11

My plants are nearly a month old and I had found something on another site describing exactly what they looked like and the diagnosis was a nitrogen deficiency. I replanted them with the blood meal/soil mix and now they just look sad! It hurts to see them like this someone please give me helpful hints-- yes this is my first time.

Those pots are hard to get air to the roots. Roots need air but also darkness so put holes in a plastic pot or get a fabric one.

Right now ph water to correct level for your medium then water it but don’t over water.

Looks like it’s stiffled and over fertilized or getting incorrect nutrient ratios due to ph level being off.

Look up the post charts and diagrams for details on ph levels etc

3 Likes

Don’t ever plant a plant on 7-11 they sweep the roof once a month! Jus kidding :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Secret to jiffy pot is to make sure the pot is full. These pots do not have enough soil to serve it’s purpose. I just switched my plants to 3 gallon pots from 1 gallon pot and they are 1 month old. The roots on these things are vicious growers and it only takes a week to outgrow jiffy pot. So next time fill her up.h .25" down means from top of pot. The root will take off faster the actual plant stem. My jiffy had been breached when I initially changed after 2 weeks

Transplant them to better pots it will help