Help a beginner out!

Fantastic dude, looks great! :+1:t3::grin:

1 Like

today i repositioned the screen and plants for better light dispersement. Watered all 4 girls ( the sTwins only got a cup of water, oTwins 2 cups each) had some runoff but didn’t test it. I have tried to top one of these ladies, and even with the topping chart I still can’t seem to get it right so----
I have been trimming the fan leaves, letting them dry and keeping them in a bag for further use (butter?)
they are looking good, like flowering is right around the corner.

Monday we repositioned the oTwins and fastened to the scrog screen we “fashioned” from (not sure, flimsy netting?)
but with the green ties, it works. I have been trying to trim the fan leaves and have been pretty successful. (again, dry them and then turn them to dust for butter?)
Watered with week 5 schedule and have noticed the little white tendrils coming in. Flowering is around the corner!!
The sTwins are looking good and are pushing in 4th set of real leaves.
Watered today. Runoff that i have been getting is right at 6.5.
We changed out the 2LED lights for the 250W cfl Red spectrum over the oTwins on one side of tent
and the MARS LED on the other side for the sTwins (although both sets seem to get light from the other light)
I will post pics soon.

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @Niala @Buds007 @SilentHippie
Day 59 for oTwins

Day 40 for sTwins

I’m a happy camper. You guys are the BEST at what you do----- giving GOOD advice!!!

3 Likes

@cheapsweater

1.) Your last two plants need more soil in them alot more to help stand them up.

2.) where is your light ? the plants are following the light. Make sure it straight up from the plants

Will

2 Likes

He is making a ScrOG, I believe @garrigan62 , that’s why they are bend, I think he made this on purpose :wink:

They look a little overwatered, see the droopy look the leaves are and the “bloated” intervein on the leaves , @cheapsweater, this is a sign of over watered symptom, thanks to Will, @garrigan62 teaching… :wink:

Other then that, they look fine :+1::ok_hand::grinning:, and thanks for the kind word and you’re welcome :grinning: :innocent:

~Al :v: :innocent:

1 Like

@Niala

I am so sorry I thought he was asking for help because his plants were bent over… but if it’s a ScrOG he is trying to achieve. Then he is going about it the wrong way. He needs to firm up the stems so that the plant is stright up. When his plant start to grow throught the web. A few inches or so you then start bending and shapping your plant until the web is covered,
I have added a pic of what he needs to shoot for.

Will

4 Likes

Ô, I did’nt meant this for you to feel bad, @garrigan62 , only was trying to help a little :wink:

I think he is trying different growth method like ScrOG, LST and bending at the same time, I don’t know if it’s the case, only @cheapsweater can answer that :wink:

It’s maybe a trial, I don’t know… Of course, if he trying those method for the same plant, I agree, he is going on a wrong track, and his screen is too low :wink:

@Niala

No worries sir…i’ll find out from him to see what he is up to…mite be just a big mistake…lol
Will

1 Like

@garrigan62 @Niala
just trying a SCROG… first time to do it and i KNOW we have the wrong “netting”… but on a budget…
so.

1. i should let the plant grow up into the netting and then start the tieing down? and yes trying to do a little LST and i will move the netting up…
  2. the lights are above (about 12" on the MARS and about 5" on the CFL red) and to the right of each plant to help in getting them to grow to that end of the tent, but ok, i can move it back to over the top of each set of twins until later
  3. I will quit watering so much (about every 4th day is when my finger comes out dry) but will move it back to 5th day…
  4. i will add some more FFOF to the containesr in the AM (another thing is the “breeze” fan had a better vantage point on the first 2 than the second, but we are looking into remedying that.
  5. just fyi, i am a girl… lol no offense taken…
  6. husband thinks that since this SSH is a “compact” plant it isn’t “supposed” to be SCROG’d… advice please?
    Thank you so much for the input… believe me, i take all advice and information and use it!!!
1 Like

Oupps ! ! ! , sorry ! I too I am mistaken for a different gender, sometime , I am a “he”… lol :wink: :sweat_smile: :laughing: Sorry again ! :hushed:

So, the net is suppose to be around 20-25 inch above the ground or the top of your pots, depends on the strains.

Super Silver Haze, SSH, is suppose to be a Sativa dominant hybrid strain and will eventualy grow tall and wide… So, it’s not a “compact” plant… Maybe compact inter-nodes with the right light spectrum, but, definitely not a “compact” plant overall… (Sorry, but your husband is wrong on this one, :wink:)

@Countryboyjvd1971 have grown SSH and surely will give you more advise on this strain…

1 Like

Wow @garrigan62, just wow! :open_mouth:

1 Like

@Niala and @cheapsweater

Ok…i’m starting over and i cut back on the med’s the Doctor’s have me on…lol
Now if I got this wright you both are ladies…right ?
And YES SSH, is a Sativa dominant hybrid strain and will eventualy grow tall and wide… So, it’s not a “compact” plant…
And there for what @Niala posted is completly correct in her last post # 170 as far as the ScrOG go’s
@cheapsweater you will be much better off changing around just a little bit and it won’t cost you anything and you’ll have a much better yeild this way to

Will thumb

2 Likes

Lmfao @garrigan62 @Niala is a guy and @cheapsweater is a lady
Glad your cutting back on the scription meds
@cheapsweater actenn ahould be around 15 inches of the ground keep the plant in veg till screen is full as they grow threw screen tuck them back under over to next opening have fun and take your time with it

For inspiration
Here’s my ssh monster cropped clone scrog grow
The screen is 8x4 but I only got 6 feet filled out left to right and 4 feet front to back
The white net is just to hold buds up if needed there’s a metal screen in canopy second screen has been needed yet ? About 8-10 inches between screens

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Screaming) I’M SO CONFUSED ! PULLING HAIR OUT ! Jumping out a 4 storie window ! already been run over by a truck so i can’t say that…lmao

ok…every lady needs a flower next to their name and every guy gets a football now that would fix any more confusion on what gender we are

Will

3 Likes

Lol :sweat_smile: :wink:, Yeah I am a guy @garrigan62 :wink:, lol …

Good to see that you’re feeling better, William, :+1:

@Countryboyjvd1971 , Thanks brother for your comment, always pertinent and informative, :+1::ok_hand:, that SSH is going to make school :wink::grinning:

You both made me laught this morning… lmao … It’s gone a be a great day :v: :innocent:

1 Like

@Niala

I know you know I ment no disrespect…i’d never would do that…I think i’ll just sit this one out and just watch…lol
But i got it now red on face…lol

Will

2 Likes

@garrigan62 Please Will, continue your intervention, please… You know that I am not offended by any mean, my friend :grinning: :+1: :innocent: You always give great info and you are my mentor, as for many of us :innocent::grinning:

1 Like

@Niala

Oh I will…was just cutting up a bit. But hey …you seem to know more about whats going on than I. I how ever went back and started from the beginning two bring myself up to speed and will help out in any way that i can.

Willjoint

1 Like

i know countryboy is growing SSH, and i try to keep up with his postings. (and thanks, husband now knows he isn’t Correct all the time!! )

2 Likes