Help a beginner out!

Guess I’ll get my notes together as I also tried to remember all i had done since day one. Will probably sit at computer while it is raining and enter it. I’ll also direct back to previous pics on this thread so i don’t have to repost them.
My “new” Twins

Original “quads” now down to Twins

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89 @Majiktoker
just a question on flowering – i have SSH auto and when i see the white “tendrils” like on this plant i should put it into flowering? This is some schwag that’s already defunct now. but that is what i’m looking for on my SSH auto as far as when to go to 12/12? Referencing the picture in the the very first post of this thread

Your ssh Auto will flower automatically hence the auto after its name
You don’t need to switch the times at all but you can if you want to
And once you see the pistols your starting to flower @cheapsweater

2 Likes

well, we shall see. i have 2 new seeds in water and the FFOF in solo cups ready to go as i’m not optimistic that my orig.Twins will survive. I cleaned up the tray today and repositioned the fans and lights a little bit and will probably get runoff when i water them good on Thursday after transplanting to containers. @Rugar89 not going to use the golfball bins until i get a handle on this grow and look at mistakes/corrections.

2 Likes

The Quads are no more — but it was an experience.
The Twins (day 21 from planting)— looking good. I transplanted them to cloth pots this morning and gave them 1cup of plain water each.
The Seed Twins (day 3 from planting)-- nothing out of soil yet but it is moist so any time.

Since the transplant yesterday morning, they oTwins (original twins) are looking good and seem to be responding nicely. the sTwins(seedling Twins) haven’t shown up yet but expecting them anyday.

1 Like

Day 25 oTwins --Haven’t taken pictures yet, will do that tomorrow when I top them. They look soooooo nice.
Day 4 sTwins – one is working it’s way out with each ray of light… haven’t seen the other one yet.

4 Likes

@Rugar89 @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Majiktoker
Well, here are my oTwins… not sure if i topped them or not ---- yes @Rugar89 i have the chart with all the directions but with my black thumb, i’m liable to cut the whole top out of it. I watered each with 1c of a mix of FFGB(diluted per instructions) and 1c plain water (mixed in a container together and then poured into soil)

#1 oTwin Topped?
#1oTwin side view

#2 oTwin Topped?
#2 oTwin side view

now, here are a few questions about that FoxFarms feeding schedule.
it says to feed with Grow Big and Big Bloom in the same week as there are 2 lines with amounts under weeks 3 and 4 with both of them… so… feed one then wait couple of days, water, then wait couple of days, then the other, wait couple of days, then water, etc., etc., etc., correct?
Also, how far out of the pot should i let them get before starting a scrog? about 15inches?
Lights: I have them under the 2 36W LED Grow Light Bulb Levin Plant Light Bulb E26 Bulbs Input 85~265V but
i will put them under the MarsHydro Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum next week some time — probably Thursday(Day 28 since planting) or Friday, any suggestions?
I’m real proud of my girls. Hopefully Mrs. Blackthumb will remember to SHAKE the bottle before mixing it next time!

My new seedlings (sTwins) are now sprouting and one is certainly stretching.

2 Likes

No ff trio is meant to be mixed and given at same time. For instance. 6tsp big bloom,3tsp.grow. ph6.7 and feed. Then water, water,then feed both parts (in veg). In flower you’ll give all 3 for a couple weeks

2 Likes

This should help! @Nug-bug @cheapsweater

4 Likes

@bob31 @Nug-bug
Where are all these different feeding schedules coming from? Now I know why I’m so confused over this!
This one is different then the one @bob31 just posted. Look at the Grow Big schedule! I’ve also seen one other schedule that was all in white posted. This one I just got from the FF web site.

https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/images/pdf/soilenglish2015.pdf

Hummmmmm :thinking: ok this is :upside_down_face: :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

oh no, not mixing them together… i mixed up a gallon of Big Bloom (pH 6.5) and i have a gallon of ph6.5 water and put 1c of each into another container… just didn’t want to burn my roots with a feeding of BB right after transplanting them, but wanted to give them a little boost. but do i feed BB, then a few days later, plain water, or can i feed them GB the next time they need water?
after my last fiasco, i know better than to mix them together or no shake the bottle before mixing.

The one I posted is from the FF website. I pulled it off about 3 months ago. Why? Is it different from what you have?

You should not be pre mixing the nutes. When you want to feed,need to mix only then. And the big bloom is meant to email mixed with the tiger bloom . And depending on your plants stage all 3 will be mixed.

@bob31 yes its different. Ive seen a third one as well.
Look at the Grow Big feeding schedule on yours compared to the PDF I posted directly from the FF web site.
Yours also has a date on it in the lower left corner of 2013.

okay so in a gallon of water i put 6tsp of BB and 2tsp of GB?
i mixed up the BB Friday morning and watered them yesterday so it isn’t like i mixed it a week ago or that i can’t pour it out in all this rain.
That is what I find confusing about the chart — put the nutrients in correct amounts in the SAME gallon of water, correct?

1 Like

I hoped you typed that wrong. 6tsp of Grow Big is WAY to much! Big Bloom isn’t much of a problem at full strength, but Grow Big is strong stuff!
Have you checked your runoff PPM? With FFOF you may not need nutes yet.
Yes mix in same 1 gallon container together.

1 Like

I pulled that off of their site this year. In 2013 I wasn’t growing

1 Like

@Rugar89 yes i have them backwards in typing but i make DAMN SURE i measure the correct one into the water…
runoff is about 6, and nutrient water is about 6.5. especially after the SHAKE fiasco i check ALOT of stuff now… …lol i put 6tsp of the brownish stuff and 2 tsp of the green stuff… lol
i was hoping that they both go into the same 1 gallon of water, because that is ALOT of feeding… lol
ya’ll have to admit my oTwin girls look MUCH better than the quads EVER did. And they are responding well to the new digs.
The sTwins are stretching but i don’t want to put the light down much further, 8" from oTwins, until Thursday, when I put oTwins under the better LED light on 12/12 -----

1 Like