Help a beginner out!

I lived in Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, New Zealand '74-78… and Indonesia is VERY memorable…Oil brat… If I find any that we are seeking I’ll tag you…:grin:

1 Like

I understand but sometimes I can’t find an answer for my ?'s. I do try to search for it before asking. I’m sure you get tired of answering the same questions. Thanks for your time and support

1 Like

nope. I really don’t. I just let someone else answer and I go jump around somewhere else. Sometimes I will ask a question back to stimulate the conversation and many times the person asking the question will reason out the answer themselves. It’s all good! You and your hubby ask away. Anytime! @cheapsweater

And don’t get me wrong, reading and studying is part of the learning, but sometimes it can get confusing. Many times there is more than one right way!

2 Likes

Checked my 4 SSH seeds, all 4 have sunk to bottom. Will moisten soil tomorrow and into pot they will go. I’m excited to start this process for first time.
Soil is an organic professional potting soil. I will use the 250w CFL until my better light gets here, about a week they will survive, I hope…

1 Like

I was in Taiwan in 1975… lol

1 Like

I usually leave mine in until they push the root out about an eighth of an inch and then I put them into the soil. just barely cover them with soil and I’ve had great success that way!

1 Like

I was getting stoned in Southern Ohio! Oh and High School, lol

@cheapsweater I believe auto are all female by design and no you shouldn’t change your screen name lol we all have questions when we start so ask away sister
Hey your going to love the ssh for sure nice sticky and stinky buds :grin::cowboy_hat_face::+1: CB

What you have to look forward to lol
It’s a photo not auto fyi

3 Likes

I can’t wait. 1 has a tiny tail, one looks like it will have and the other 2 are very small…so we’ll see if all four sprout.
(Cheapsweater is my spades playing name- I can collect “bags” faster than a cheap sweater collects lint, and crazystupidbich is a Love song, really it is…(www.radiofreetexas.org)
My hardhat rosemary is coming along nicely.

1 Like

lol lol
Happy growing
Keep updated
:v::cowboy_hat_face:CB

Day 1 planted…
Question… While waiting for it to pop out of dirt, do I need to have the lights on?.. they are on, but thought I’d ask…
And what NPK mix is best? I have a bag of 10-10-10 that I use for the yard. I have put it on my outdoor plant but have seen various mix amounts here…
And best way to get pH down…
Thanks guys…

What soil are you using @cheapsweater

Yes, lights on once they are in the soil.

pH up and down from any hydro store or online

Let me know if you use Amazon and I will post links

Earth’s Finest Organic professional potting soil and MG moisture control potting soil (4:1)
Yes I do Amazon and eBay.

The mg has fertilizer in it. Generally I believe they do a 3 month time release of fertilizer. Check the bag on that for me, please.

My guess is the first product is enriched with nutrients?

Either way that should be enough for at least the first month.

I will post some Amazon links for reference so you know what to look for.

ph and tds meters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEJOI9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

Ph test kit - drops

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Test-Kit-1-Ounce/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=sr_1_4?tag=greenrel-20

7.0 calibration fluid
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-7-0-Calibration-Solution/dp/B001D0CKYK/ref=sr_1_3?tag=greenrel-20

I don’t know what you have or don’t have. If you are going to grow in fertilized and enriched soils you are going to need to know when those soils will allow for nutrients. If you give too much or too little then you will have issues (TDS Meter measures the ppm of water) Not required but good to have.

The rest is self explanatory, I think?

1 Like

Not doing hydro , and yes the organic is somewhat enriched. hubby has found some FF nutrient trio (liquid) on eBay that I’m looking at as well as pH Balancer (?). And a TDS meter. Your recs are investigated and confirmed…

I have 4 little girls… Day 3

1 Like

Congrats @cheapsweater no pics of the new crew?

Here are my little girls.

4 Likes