Has anyone used this LED light?

Did a little cleanup play nice people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the light itself as I looked for a couple minutes and couldn’t find much about it. But I may be able to help anyway.

Dimming will be a function of the driver. If it’s a dimmable driver, it should have additional set of leads or terminals to go along with AC input and DC output. But you’ll have to remove cover to inspect driver. Assuming that will void any warranty, unless you can get seller to back you. Are you ok with that?

I’m only familiar with the meanwell drivers, but I’m sure the rest are at least similar. You can get them set up for triac dimming, or 3 way gives you the choice of resistance dimming, 0-10 volt dimming or pwm. If the driver you have is similar to that, you can wire in a potentiometer to dim. Or if you wanted to get fancy set up arduino.

That would be assuming we can find some information on the driver. But most of the Chinese lamps have info stamped on drivers, so I’m guessing it’s possible.

1 Like

I don’t see any seals on the cover. I have no problem taking it off to see the drivers. Maybe they made the lights, but not the wireless stuff for it and that’s why the seller can’t help me. I would like to use them as side lights once I get my diy lights finished. They just don’t need to be that bright. Good idea on the Arduino. I didn’t think about that. I think that would be the way to go for wireless.

1 Like

I haven’t done anything with the arduino, but I’m thinking that would be best option if you wanted wireless. Probably not necessary if you won’t be adjusting often. If the driver is compatible, a $5 potentiometer would probably make the most sense.

If you take the cover off, see if you can’t get a picture of the nameplate or any other info on the driver. I’d be happy to help see if we can find you some options.

True on the adjusting pot. Much cheaper than putting in gateways and the like. You are right about not adjusting them much. Once they’re set I’d probably not be messing with them. I’m sure I have some different size pots around here somewhere. Thanks. I’ll pull the cover and send you a pic of the drivers.

1 Like