Has anyone grown Gold Leaf?

how long did you flower in days your goldleaf its my second run of it

Hi Mikea, me again. I got 1 good oz. from my indoor grow and I gotta say that I love this strain! It keeps me at a mellow mood and relaxed. I also have ww and ssh, I got more from them, but still enjoy gl best. Let me know how you enjoy yours.
Al

Hey Al. Yeah I had to scrap mine due to the fact I was moving. Hope to start again soon. Glad to hear yours turned out well. Just a little jealous. Two things. What size pots did you use and how long did you veg for?

8 weeks yield was 5 oz from 1 plant .

1 Like

I used 5 gallon drywall mud buckets and I vegged for 9 weeks. could have gone longer but when flowering the plant seems to grow 25-50% more. due to lack of room is why flowered when I did.
Good luck !
P.S. all my pants did the herme thing so besides getting great smoke, I now have my own seed bank with over 100 seeds. So i am set unless I want a new strain. Funny thing is all the buds look alike. ww, ssh, and gl.
wish you good growing.
Al

2 Likes

I am about to cut down my first grow of GL.56days.it is the best crop I’ve ever grown. The density of the buds is amazing. Loaded with trichs.I have 5 plants under 5 1000w hps bulbs. Bat wing reflectors. Co2 generator. Dehumidifier 36,000btu Ac and 2 fans in a 10 x 10 sealed room.5 gal.smart pots with pro mix soil and worm castings.

2 Likes

Nice Michaelc64. I’m only growing one GL along with a Critical Impact. It was a freebie from another seed bank and I have to say, on the site it says how much smell that particular strain is supposed to put off and it doesn’t hold a candle to the GL. I’m going into the 2nd week of flower and it’s bushed out tremendously. I’ve got it under a scrog. Love the smell. Wish I had the space you do but I’m happy with what I have. 2nd time growing this strain and I’m looking forward to the end result. Good luck with yours.

2 Likes

Thanks I got bout 3lbs. From the 5 plants.my best grow yet. Yield and quality. The trichs were awesome, loaded with white crystals. Potentcy more than needed

3 Likes

The second order of seeds for WW and GL came in today. Have not had a fail on seeds from ILGM. Lights are P450 Platinum LED lights. Very pleased with price and quality. Platinum LED company is located in Hawaii. This will be my first indoor grow. Are the pots used in this thread 5 gallon size? I’m thinking I need to pick up some bigger containers.

To answer your question first, yes the pots I used and continue to use are 5 gal smart pots. Also the lights I’m using are the P300s by platinum led. I love them. I’ve got about 3 weeks left till harvest. They’re looking great so far.

Mikea show us the final results please !!!

Will do. Three weeks by the calendar till harvest and not getting anything different from the plants right now so going with that.

Currently have one Gold Leaf nearing the end of week 7 from first pistils. Was going to flower for 63 days as recommended. Does anyone know of that recommendation is from flip to 12/12 or is it from first sign of pistils?

1 Like

here’s my gold leaf, I think she’s about 6 week’s in flower now

@Michaelc64 I was just reading this forum and stumbled on your comment, 3lbs from 5 plants under a 1000watt HPS? that’s really good, I’m a first time grower, I have a good set up going, similar to yours, with all the necessary gadgets. I will be doing 3 different strains, 1 Purple Haze, 1 Super Silver Haze, and 1 Gold Leaf. Each will be in 15gallon pots, under 400watt MH during veg and 1000watt HPS during flower, using the SCROG technique (each plant has 6ft by 6ft of space). As far as nutrients go, I have everything I need to achieve Quality and Quantity. From you experience how much yield would I expect from those 3 plants?

I’m not quite sure. I have 1000w under each plant not just one bulb. Also my plants are usually 3ft. Tall

Also I’ve never done scrg

This is meant for Yoshi as he asked me for final of my grow a while back. If you get this Yoshi my final weight was just under 8 oz’s dry with a little over an oz of trim included in that. So about 7 3/4 oz buds. First pic was with about 2 weeks left. 2nd was right before chop. She got pretty frosty and they were pretty good size nugs. The last was off of one plant. Love the way they purpled up in the end. Hope all is going well for everyone. Peace.