Harvested buds causing headaches and harsh taste what do i do to fix it?

I bought Gold Leaf a few months ago. I harvested the buds which looked awesome. When i sold some to friends i was shocked they all wanted a refund cause it caused headaches and didn’t taste right. I thought i cured them long enough? Can my precious buds still be saved and the problem fixed?? I’m desperate any suggestions?

Make oil out of them likely they weren’t flushed enough before harvest it happens

1 Like

what do YOU think of the smoke?
man, if i got a refund for every dank bag i bought…i’d have a lot! of money lol.
id tell your friends,…hey! you wanted to buy from a home grower. you take that chance.
live&learn

1 Like

Lol it would be nice but we all know reputation makes or breaks you if you want to move any of your bud or any product for that matter I wouldn’t give them a full refund but I would try and make it up to them with a discount or little freebie some oil for instance :wink: People do remember when they get screwed over and they also like a little bonus from time to time. Enough shady car sales men out there without growers joining the ranks a partial refund an apology and and a discount on next bag add up to happier customer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

on 2nd thought, youre very right.
i got a oz. of shit recently,…i will never call that guy again.

1 Like

does it give you headaches? taste?

You most likely didn’t cure them right and it siund like to me that your pot was ir had mold. And you mean you didn’t smoke any to check it out before you sold any.
Hell I always make sure first that my pot is a-1 before I sell.

Will

2 Likes

I smoked my own before opening my jars up for sale. I was so wasted when I first tried it but it was because I had no cure on it. It was so speedy I couldn’t even hold a thought. The cure now is so smooth and such a mellow body destroying buzz. My buddies are sad I closed the jars up to make sure I have my supply until the next harvest. My auto diesels tasted like crap but they tasted like their name diesel. I made 9 grams of shatter out of it.

1 Like

Thanks Donald for the rapid response. I didnt flush any of them i just stopped watering them 2 days befire harvest. I used the SOG technique in special recommended soil from your website, used Roberts nutrients, hung plants upside down for a week, tried the snap test some passed, put them in the drying rack for about 3 days low humidity in room, then transferred the buds to mason jars. Did i miss a step? I need to know cause i have 2 more gold leaf plants in week 6 flowering and i want to get good drying results this time. Suggestions?

I flush my plants starting 2 weeks before harvest by simply stopping feeding at times I even rinse my soil with ph’d water paying attention to my ppm’s going in and coming out so I have indicator as to nutrients remaining in soil. The 2 week straight water flush means typically your plant will consume remained of nutrients in your soil and forcing your plant to consume any nutrients stored in it’s roots or leaves reducing nitrogen in the buds. A good indicator is remaining fan leaves will begin to yellow and die off this means plant is consuming itself and flushed properly :slight_smile:
As well a proper cure can take weeks and the slower the merrier harvesting before lights come on as well is helpful your plants suck up moisture and nutrients during light cycle even going to 48hrs dark prior to harvest helps.

3 Likes

One) you didn’t flush

two) you didn’t say that burbed them

By not flushing your plants or even watering them. your buds most likely were very harsh…right

By not opening the jars and not letting moisture escape it moot likly got mold.

Next harvest do the above*

Will

Yes I flushed and hung dry then bagged for a bit then jarred BUT I burped daily or twice daily for 2-3 weeks. I think Garrigan is right also.

Sorry about but you didn’t say that at first…you know there was another tread very similar to yours I know I can find the tread i’ll go get the link for ya it may ring a couple bells for ya. Be right back.

Found it check it out who knows it mite help.

http://ilgmforum.com/t/the-smell-from-the-bud/4186

Will

Okay guys thank you all for the wonderful suggestions since this is only my second harvest, i need all the help i can get. Luckily, I took some backup steps and successfully cloned 4 more gold leaf strain. I forgot to mention i used foxfarm ocean type soil, i had also had to deal with fungus gnats and temperature shifts in my grow room from 61 to 80 degrees. I used some of Robert,s suggestions to deal with the gnats. I’m seriously committed to successfully growing several strains at once. Currently i have 2 white widow, 4 gold leaf clones, 2 more Big Bud just successfully germinated in my mini greenhouse. My third harvest in about 2 more weeks in my grow tent contains 2 four foot gold leaf from original seed. The buds are smaller than my last harvest but 3 times as many. Great strain BTW. I really wish i could get my hands on some good old panama red seeds?

Ask and you shall recive…heres the link
I buying the same thing this weekend…because im from old school. When a4 finger bag was $20. Bucks.

B Safe
Will

4 Likes

What’s up Will…have u ordered from them what’s turn around time on delivery to US

1 Like

Nok I haven Ice and by the way good to see on buddy…
Anyway…no but im going to hete very soon though
But these guys at the link blow I have. And I was very pleased with there delivery and method. They send you emails ofen tell you everything you need to know abut your order I believe it was like 14 maybe 16 days till it arrived hell I got an email telling me it was delivered that morning and hell it was.
Butbfor what ever reason im ordering from the first link I sent ya. Ajyway good to see ya Ice

Will

Hey Will… starting second grow going to try scrog this time 2 og kush 2 ww 2 unknown if they turn out to be female going to use advanced nutrients ph perfect thinking of trying one of those sites see if it comes faster the first link got some pretty good prices…will keep u posted on grow for advice

Ya the second link is the one iused. Say Ice you got the.link for the nutrients

Will

Amazon.com :slightly_smiling: