Harvest timing....need suggestions

Just watch trichs. Halloween looks pretty close

2 Likes

Got a ways to go yet my friend. @Laurap gave good advice with the microscope.

1 Like

Got these with a 10X…still have a while yet I think…I’ll watch and see but probably gonna stick to Halloween-ish…

1 Like

3 Likes

You want amber tricombs and milky ones like plastic !!! But from that pic not ready yet 2/4 more weeks

That first pic looks like a little bit cloudy so two or three weeks and you should be getting close.

1 Like

There’s a few amber on that lower left sugar leaf for sure, but not there yet. I would plan on a little bit like the others suggest, but check them regularly.

2 Likes

I harvested my autos around 10-11 weeks. Depends on what you’re looking for…

How fast do trichs go from clear to cloudy to amber? Is there any baseline or does it have to do with weather and sunlight? These pics look like I’m getting close but I don’t see any ambers…I picked a sample I’m drying to test but think I’m going to wait another week…suggestions

?

2 Likes

Sampling will give you a good idea of where you wanna be!! I zoomed a little farther in on your buds, I don’t see any ambers either but I don’t see hardly any clear also, they all look cloudy. I think your ambers will be coming soon!!!

1 Like

I recommend harvesting now and not holding off for amber.

@SmoknGranny knows what I mean.

1 Like

What wold be the difference in quality be waiting for amber vs now with little to none?

1 Like

What people describe is “couch lock” effect and others refer to it as narcotic effect.

I personally just like to relax so as long as they’re mostly milky with a few amber specks that’s good for me.
I don’t have enough experience to say it’s worth it…never smoked guaranteed amber trichomes before.

What I can say is if you ha e chance of rain and high humidity and are just waiting for color shift then harvest now cuz risk ain’t worth it. My good friend lost his whole harvest to rot because he wanted to eek the last quality out of plant.

I have been happy with the affects of all milky trichomes on my weed. It also hasn’t been fully cured yet and will just get more potent.

3 Likes

It depends on what you are looking for. I have found that the highest THC is when opaque and more CBD’s and Myrenes when left longer.

No amber yet that i could see! But getting closer man! Not theres no time line really just be pachent

I’m with @HighDesertFarmer on this! I’m very happy to have what I have :yum:. It’s taking care of my needs and I will have enough to next fall harvest I saw here where many lost too much from rot. As I can only grow outside harvesting without waiting for amber was the best choice for me. :blush:

2 Likes

So I took @HighDesertFarmer advice and chopped my first girl down…I looked and we are supposed to have some rain today that I wanted to avoid and the sample I took a few days ago was pretty good… the smell and taste was off but the high was there…I put everything I chopped in a big paper bag after grooming… I’m hoping the dry/cure improves the smell now they smell of mint and grass(like lawn grass)…I’ve got another girl that is about 10 days younger and I’m gonna let her go for the full 10 weeks and see which I prefer.

So two things…is the mint lawn grass smell normal for fresh cut widow?
And is going from plant to paper bag ok or should I hang dry them?

1 Like

@Jmhnyny I am honored you took my advice. Let’s hope it pans out eh?
Plant smell is normal.
You can hang or do paper bags.
I prefer to hang or string dry as I do a peroxide wash first and so my buds have a lot of moisture content. The string dry helps that excess water dry first so you don’t get contact rot or mildew from wet to wet.

My jars have been sealed and curing and the plant smell is slowly reducing.
They are also losing their green look and are turning gold w red hairs very visible. I guess this is chlorophyll being cured out.
Hang in there. It took mine a week before it stopped tasting like plant. Now it tastes like weed but still smells like plant. Baby steps!

Control that humidity and wait wait wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What’s a peroxide wash? Never heard of it…I’m in Florida so you can guess I don’t have a problem with getting moisture in buds…I just added some of those moisture absorbing things in the bag cuz the humidity has been hovering between 80-90%…just placed the whole bag in my gun safe to keep the smell down and give me a fighting chance at controlling the RH. Tuesday we’re supposed to have a change in weather, humidity is supposed to go down to about 50% so that should help…

JMH

3 Likes

Here’s why I recommend it. The amount of stuff it cleans off is really insane.

Here’s the video that someone recommended to me as well.
It is awesome and worth doing!